Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda is in Thondapadu, Gooty Mandal of Anantapur District. While the slope shows up in white, it became known as Swetagiri. The temple morning timings are 08:00 am to 01:30 pm, and the evening timings are 04:30 pm to 07:30 pm.
The Temple is near hill rocks and looks white, so people call them Swetagiri. Most people also say that the patches of White colour rock resemble Bolli (In English, Vitiligo disease), so they call hills BolliKonda in their local language. The main idol of the Temple is Ranganatha Swamy.
History of the Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- 1 History of the Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- 1.0.1 Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda Timings:
- 1.0.2 Best Time to Vist Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- 1.0.3 Festivals Celebrated at Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- 1.0.4 Tips for visiting Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- 1.0.5 Tourist places nearby Ranganatha Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.6 Hotels nearby Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- 1.0.7 Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda Contact Details:
- 1.0.8 How to reach the Temple:
- 1.0.9 Ranganatha Swamy Photos:
- 1.0.10 FAQs:
- 1.0.11 Related Posts:
According to legends, Lord Mahavishnu relaxed on these slopes for a while on his visit to the earth. Knowing this issue, Sages, Saints, and Rushis approached the hill after his arrival and worshipped the Lord.
Inspired by their prayer, Lord Vishnu remained on the slopes as asked. So far, people have come to know that that idol gets disappeared. So, After that, local people introduced the icon in the same place.
In Vijayanagara, the temple region was called pennabadi seems and was built by pemmasani rulers. The deity here is Ranganayakulu; people celebrate the Car Festival grandly in February and March, which varies from the Hindu Calendar.
Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda Timings:
The temple morning timings are 08:00 am to 01:30 pm, and the evening timings are 04:30 pm to 07:30 pm.
|Days||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Monday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Tuesday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Wednesday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Thursday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Friday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Saturday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Sunday||08:00 am to 01:30 pm||04:30 pm to 07:30 pm|
Best Time to Vist Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
The best time to visit Ranganatha Swamy Temple is from February to April and September to December when the weather is pleasant, and the Temple experiences fewer crowds, allowing for a more peaceful and enjoyable visit.
Festivals Celebrated at Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
Ranganatha Swamy Temple in Bolikonda celebrates several festivals throughout the year, each bringing a vibrant and holy atmosphere to the temple premises.
It had usually celebrated during the Tamil month of Panguni (March-April). The festival involves various rituals, processions, and cultural performances, attracting many devotees.
Celebrated in the month of Margashirsha (December-January), Vaikunta Ekadasi marks the opening of the gates of heaven (Vaikunta) for devotees.
This festival celebrates the birth of God Rama, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. It had observed on the ninth day of the Hindu month Chaitra (March-April).
Janmashtami commemorated the birth of Lord Krishna and celebrated with great joy and enthusiasm.
Devotees stay awake during the night, chanting prayers and seeking blessings from Lord Shiva.
The nine-day festival dedicated to Goddess Durga had celebrated with grandeur.
Also called the Festival of Lights, Deepavali is a joyous occasion celebrated by lighting oil lamps and bursting fireworks.
Tips for visiting Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
If you’re planning to visit the Ranganatha Swamy Temple in Bolikonda, here are some tips:
- The Temple is usually open from early morning till evening. Visiting during the morning is advisable to avoid crowds and enjoy a peaceful experience.
- Maintain a respectful demeanor during your visit. Temples are places of worship, so refrain from loud conversations, smoking, or consuming non-vegetarian food within the temple premises.
- Bolikonda is a beautiful place surrounded by natural beauty. Take some time to visit the surroundings and enjoy the serene atmosphere.
Tourist places nearby Ranganatha Swamy Temple:
- Sri Varahalakshmi Narasimha Swamy Vari Devasthanam
- Kapila Theertham
- Talakona Waterfall
- Araku Valley
- Tripurantakeswara Temple
- Horsley Hills
- Vontimitta Kodandarama Swamy Temple
- Rollapadu Wildlife Sanctuary
- Borra Caves
Hotels nearby Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda:
- Grand Arcadia
- Hotel Rockfort View
- Grande Inn
- Hotel Apple Park Inn
- The Scarlet Srirangam
- Hotel Oxina Lygon
- Vivid A Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Deepam
- D Park Inn
Ranganatha Swamy Temple Bolikonda Contact Details:
- Address: Sri Bolikonda Ranganatha Swamy Temple, Thondapadu, Gooty Mandal, Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Contact Number: 04312432246
How to reach the Temple:
The nearest airport is Banglore International Airport, which covers a distance of 269 km.
However, the nearest railway station is Gooty Railway Station, which takes 12 km to reach the Temple.
Similarly, the place also contains a Gooty Bus Station 8 km from the Temple.
Ranganatha Swamy Photos:
While visiting Ranganatha Swamy Temple in Bolikonda, it is advisable to follow local customs and traditions such as removing footwear, maintaining silence, and respecting the deities and priests.
Ranganatha Swamy Temple may have specific restrictions on offerings or rituals.
Photography is not allowed inside the Temple.
Yes, Ranganatha Swamy Temple in Bolikonda had dedicated to Lord Ranganatha Swamy, considered an incarnation of Lord Vishnu in Hindu mythology.
Ranganatha Swamy Temple celebrates several major festivals, including Brahmotsavam, Vaikunta Ekadasi, Rama Navami, Janmashtami, Maha Shivaratri, Navaratri, and Deepavali. These festivals attract a large number of devotees.