The temple also has Bhadrakali, Lord Ganesha, Ramalingeshwara Swamy, Chandramouleeshwara Swamy, and Kuravi Veerabhadra Swamy. Lord Hanuman and Nagendrdu, with Saptamatrukas and Navagrahas, are also installed in the temple. Tribal and Nontribal people visit the temple to get blessings from Lord Shiva and Koriveeranna.
Kuravi Veerabhadra Swamy temple was built in 900 AD by Bheema Raju of the Vengi Chalukya Dynasty. After that, the renovation has taken up by Kakatiya King Bethar Raju-I. Marco Poli, the famous traveller, referred to the temple as the capital of the Vengi Chalukya Dynasty.
There is a witness that Kakatiya Veeranari Rudramadevi performed Pooja and offered Ratnas to God.
When Kuravi Village was in trouble with the destroyers, Veerabhadra came to protect the residents. People say that Veerabhadra comes in a Human form, plays and sings with the villagers, and disappears.
People believe that Veerabhadra removes all the obstacles and fulfils their wishes. Dwajasthambham of the temple is very powerful with Shakthi Yantra in those days. People who hug the Dwajasthambham must only speak the truth.
Kuravi Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Timings:
Kuravi Veerabhadra Swamy temple timings are from 4:30 AM to 8:00 PM on all days.
|Monday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Friday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Sunday||4:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM|
Festivals Celebrated at Veerabhadra Swamy Temple:
- Maha Shivarathri is the most important festival celebrated in the temple. The temple appears as a Kailasagiri, and devotees perform special Poojas on that day.
- Every Monday and the Ashtami Thithi are the most favourable days, and devotees worship Lord Shiva with water and Bilva Patras.
- Bathukamma is the other festival celebrated grandly in the temple. Devotees decorate the temple with different types of flowers.
Tourist places nearby Kuravi Temple:
- Ananthadri Sri Rama Stupam
- Thousand Pillar Temple
- Bhadrakali Temple
- Warangal Fort
- Ramappa Temple
- Laknavaram Lake
- Kakatiya Musical Garden
- Kush Mahal
- ISKCON Temple
- Kuravi Temple Devasthanam has an accommodation facility with rooms ranging from Rs 150 to Rs 300.
- People can also accommodate at Mahabubabad, where we can find many hotels and lodges.
There are private hotels near kuravi Temple.
- SRI Venkateswara Hotel
- Jagadeesh Hotel
- Achamma Hotels
- Sri veerabadra Hotel
- Sharath Hotel
How to reach the Kuravi Temple:
The nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, with nearly 200 km
The nearest railway station is Mahabubabad, 11 km from the temple.
TSRTC provided many buses from Warangal, Khammam, and Mahabubabad to the temple.
Kuravi Temple Address & Contact Number:
- 1-66/2, Thirmalapuram Rd, Kuravi, Telangana 506105
- Contact Number: +91 9491000704, 08719 277232
- E-mail: EO@srikuravidevasthanam.org
- Website: https://mahabubabad.telangana.gov.in/tourist-place/veerabhadra-swamy/
Veerabhadra, Veerabathira, and Veerabathiran is an aggressive form of the Hindu god Shiva. The wrath of Shiva creates him.
Many temples are dedicated to Lord Veerabhadra, who relieves fear from the mind, protects you against evil, and rejects negativity and ignorance.
Bhadrakali is Veera Bhadra Swamy’s wife.
Lord Sri Veerabhadra Swamy is one of the supreme incarnations of Lord Shiva.