Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple had located on the road towards Kanyakumari, 76 km away, and Thiruchendur, 14 km away. The morning of the Kulasekarapattinam temple is from 05:30 am to 01:30 pm, and the evening is from 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm.
The Mutharamman temple is about 150 years old, and the most popular festival is Dasserah which had celebrated for ten days. During this time, thousands of devotees throng to the temple. During the festival, folk dancers from different parts of Tamil Nadu perform in the temple.
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple History:
- 1 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple History:
- 1.0.1 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Timings:
- 1.0.2 Best time to visit Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.3 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Entry Fee:
- 1.0.4 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Sevas Ticket Costs:
- 1.0.5 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Sevas Timings:
- 1.0.6 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Yearly Pujas:
- 1.0.7 Festivals at Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.8 Dusshera Festival in Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.9 Navaraathri Avadharam and their Rewards in Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.10 Devotee’s Offerings to Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.11 Tourist places nearby Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.12 Hotels nearby Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.13 Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Address & Contact Number:
- 1.0.14 How to reach Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- 1.0.15 FAQs:
- 1.0.16 Related Posts:
According to astrology, if two planets mutually occupy the houses belonging to each other, it is called Parivardhana yoga. For example, Shukra may be in the house belonging to Mars, and Mars, in turn, may be in the house of Shukra-Venus. Similarly, Mother had exchanged Her Power with Lord, and Lord, in turn, had offered His powers to Mother in this temple.
The Mantra used in the Shakti puja, Yantra, the copper plate installed under the Mother idol according to religious rules and traditions, and the Thantra puja codes had followed in this temple as in Mother Meenakshi temple in Madurai.
Smallpox appears on the affected body as pearls that people call Muthu in the body. As a remedy, people stored water around the Goddess to bring the heat of the boils-Muthu down and dry them. The Mother thus cures the patient. Hence the name of the Mother in the temple, Muthu-(pearl) Attru (treating) Amman-Goddess – Muthattruamman – Mutharamman.
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Timings:
The morning of the Kulasekarapattinam temple is from 05:30 am to 01:30 pm, and the evening is from 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm.
|Days||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Monday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
|Tuesday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
|Wednesday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
|Thursday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
|Friday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
|Saturday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
|Sunday||5:30 am to 1:30 pm||4 pm to 8 pm|
Best time to visit Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
The best time to visit Kulasekarapattinam Temple is during the Navratri festival, usually in September-October. The temple is open year-round, but this festival is the main important event of the year.
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Entry Fee:
There is no fee for visiting the Kulasekarapattinam Temple. It is open to all devotees and visitors, regardless of religion, caste, or nationality. However, donations are welcome.
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Sevas Ticket Costs:
Kulasekarapattinam temple some sevas ticket costs are here
|Sevas Names||Ticket Costs|
|Special Entrance||Rs 20/-|
|Special Abhishegam||Rs 1350/-|
|Astothira Archanai||Rs 5/-|
|Mudi Kaanaikkai||Rs 10/-|
|Special Darshanam||Rs 100/-|
|Maavilakku Puja||Rs 5/-|
|Sarkarai Pongal||Rs 500/-|
|Dhasara Thaninabar Kappu kattu||Rs 5/-|
|Dhasara Kulu Kappu Kattu||Rs 100/-|
|Marriage Register||Rs 250/-|
|Marriage Video||Rs 500/-|
|Marriage Photo||Rs 200/-|
|Lorry/Bus/Tractor Puja||Rs 100/-|
|Car/van/Tempo Puja||Rs 30/-|
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Sevas Timings:
Mutharamman temple, some sevas timings are here
|Uchi Kaalam||12:00 pm|
|Raakkaala Puja||08:15 pm|
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Yearly Pujas:
Mutharamman temple’s yearly pujas are here
Festivals at Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
Mutharamman Temple Festivals:
- Dussehra Navarathri Festival
- Maha shivarathri
Dusshera Festival in Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
In this temple, Dusshera had celebrated as a big festival. Lakhs of people assemble here to celebrate this festival. This temple stands unique amongst the other temples which celebrate Dusshera. The same Dusshera is celebrated here as a 12-day function instead of 9 days.
- Day 1: Durgai Avadharam – Raagu dosham goes off
- Day 2: Viswakarmeshwar Avadharam – Financial status improves
- Day 3: Parvathi Avadharam – Wealth
- Day 4: Balasubramaniam Avadharam – Long live and healthy life
- Day 5: Navaneethakrishnan Avadharam – Relief from the prolonged illness and long liveness
- Day 6: Mahisasuramarthini Avadharam – Winning power
- Day 7: Ananda natarajar Avadharam – Mukthi
- Day 8: Gajalaksmi Avadharam – Financial status improves
- Day 9: Saraswathi Avadharam – Education
Devotee’s Offerings to Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
Devotees light Mavilakku, a lamp made of rice flour mixed with ghee, undertake body circumambulation-Anga Pradikshina, carry fire pots, and Vel Ambu Kuthal-punching the cheeks with needles are the prayer commitments practised by the devotees. Some organize feeding-Anna dhanam and Hundi contribution.
Tourist places nearby Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- Thiruchendur Murugan Temple
- Manapad Beach
- Ananta Padmanabhaswamy Temple
- There Kaadu
- Holy Cross Church
- Angala Parameshwari Temple
- Thiruchendur Beach
- Arulmigu Karkuvel Ayyanar Temple
- Kayalpatnam Beach Park
- Koviladi Appakkudathaan Perumal Temple
- CSI St. John’s Cathedral
- Valli Cave
- Ainthu Veettu Swamy
Hotels nearby Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
- Vaikundam Legacy
- KKM International
- Anantya by the Lake
- Honey Hives
- Hotel Jeyabharathi
- The Radh
- Sevana City Hotel
- Villa Rosa
- Kings Pavilion
Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple Address & Contact Number:
- Mutharamman Temple, Kulasekharanpattinam, Thiruchendur, Thoothukudi District, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Contact Number: +91 9443119344
How to reach Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple:
The nearest bus stand to Mutharamman Temple is the Kulasekarapattinam Bus Stand, about 1 km from the temple.
Kulasekarapattinam Temple’s nearest railway station is Nagercoil Junction railway station.
The closest airport to Kulasekarapattinam Temple is the Trivandrum International Airport.
The city got its name during the reign of King Kulasekarapandian. It had said that once the king had a darshan of the Mutharamman, and from then, the town had named after him. Legend has it that Saint Agathiyar, annoyed by Saint Varamuni, cursed him to become buffalo head and was called Magisasuran.
Kulasekharapatnam is world-famous for the Dashra Festival. A sugar factory was running successfully until the end of British rule. Since British rule, Kulasekharapatnam has a customs office.
Dussehra, the most famous temple after Mysore in India, is held there. During this festival, devotees from around Tamil Nadu fast for 91, 48, 41, 31, 21, and 11 days and take Kumbha wearing various costumes. Lakhs of people gather at this popular festival.
No, there is no entry fee for visiting Kulasekarapattinam Mutharamman Temple. However, donations are welcome.
Yes, the temple is open to all devotees and visitors, regardless of religion, caste, or nationality. However, visitors had expected to follow the rules and regulations of the temple.