Kaziranga National Park has declared a world heritage site in 1985 and a protected reserve. The popular home to the world’s 2/3rd population of one-horned Rhinos, Kaziranga National Park is a massive congregation of flora and fauna species. Almost 2200 one-horned rhinos roam around the national park area along with another exquisite breed of wildlife. The Kaziranga National Park timings are 07:30 am to 4.00 pm.
Thriving on the banks of the river Brahmaputra, Kaziranga flaunts meadows, grasslands, swampy lagoons, and dense forests housing a myriad of wildlife and floral species. Kaziranga Park was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006. Area: 1,090 km². Established: 1905.
History of Kaziranga National Park:
- 0.1 History of Kaziranga National Park:
- 1 Safari timings at Kaziranga National Park:
- 1.0.1 Features of the Park:
- 1.0.2 Tips for travelling to Kaziranga National Park:
- 2 Kaziranga National Park Online Safari Booking:
- 2.0.1 Best time to visit Kaziranga National Park:
- 2.0.2 Things to do in Kaziranga National Park:
- 2.0.3 Entry fee at Kaziranga National Park:
- 2.0.4 Attractions around Kaziranga National Park:
- 184.108.40.206 Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary:
- 220.127.116.11 Orang National Park:
- 18.104.22.168 Wild Mahseer at Addabarie Tea Estate:
- 22.214.171.124 Manas National Park:
- 126.96.36.199 Nambor Wildlife Sanctuary:
- 188.8.131.52 Hayagriva Madhava Temple:
- 184.108.40.206 Birangana Shadhani Kalakhetra:
- 220.127.116.11 Jugibari Beel (lake):
- 18.104.22.168 Sukreswar Temple:
- 22.214.171.124 Ugratara Temple:
- 126.96.36.199 Dirgheswari Temple:
- 188.8.131.52 Kamakhya Temple:
- 184.108.40.206 Navagraha Temple:
- 220.127.116.11 Lankeshwar Temple:
- 18.104.22.168 Umananda Temple:
- 22.214.171.124 Tilinga Mandir:
- 126.96.36.199 Balaji Temple Guwahati:
- 188.8.131.52 Doul Govinda Mandir:
- 2.0.5 Most popular stayings at Kaziranga National Park:
- 2.0.6 Kaziranga National Park Address & Phone Number:
- 2.0.7 How to reach Kaziranga National Park?
- 2.1 FAQs:
Firstly accepted in 1908 as a reserved forest, it was subsequently designated a game (1916) and wildlife sanctuary (1950) before becoming a national park in 1974. Kaziranga National Park was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1985.
Kaziranga National Park Timings:
|Monday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
|Saturday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
|Sunday||7:30 am to 4.00 pm|
Kaziranga National Park – Fauna:
|1||Mammals||39 species, including some of the most endangered & rare species of Schedule I|
|2||Birds||478 species, including 25 globally threatened and 21 near threatened species|
|3||Reptiles||Different species of Lizard, Snake & Turtle|
|4||Fishes||40 different species recorded|
Safari timings at Kaziranga National Park:
Safari timings for the morning session are 5:30 am – 7:30 am, whereas, for the afternoon session, it is 3 pm – 4 pm.
Jeep Safari Booking Price:
|Kohora (Central) Range||4000 / Jeep||7500 / Jeep||2 hours|
|Bagori ( Western) Range||4100 / Jeep||7500 / Jeep||2 hours|
|Agaratoli (Eastern) Range||5000 / Jeep||8500 / Jeep||2 hours|
|Burapahar Range||5500 / Jeep||8500 / Jeep||2 hours|
Elephant Safari Booking Price:
|Kohora (Central) Range||N/A||3600 / Person||1 hour|
|Bagori ( Western) Range||1500 / Person||N/A||1 hour|
|Agaratoli (Eastern) Range||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Kaziranga National Park Birds:
- Grey-headed fish eagle
- Blue-bearded bee-eater
- Jungle myna
- Green-billed malkoha
- Indian roller
- Asian openbill
- Greater adjutant
- Oriental pied hornbill
- Alexandrine parakeet
- Pallas’s fish eagle
Kaziranga National Park Tigers:
The Park was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006 and currently has the highest density of tigers in the world (1 per 5kms), with a population of 118.
Popular animal species in the National Park:
- Indian rhinoceros
- Indian elephant
- Indian hog deer
- Western hoolock gibbon
- Indian pangolin
- Large Indian civet
- Orange-bellied Himalayan squirrel
- Wild water buffalo
- Sambar deer
- Bengal fox
- Indochinese rhesus macaque
- Small Indian civet
- Assam macaque
- Chinese ferret-badger
- swamp deer or Barasingha
- Indian Bison or Gaur
- Indian grey mongoose
- Indian crested Porcupine
- Capped langur
- Greater hog badger
Few exotic species at National Pack:
- white-fronted goose
- ferruginous duck
- Baer’s Pochard duck
- lesser adjutant
- greater adjutant
- black-necked stork
- Asian Openbill stork
Features of the Park:
- Tall elephant grass
- Dense tropical moist broadleaf forest
Tips for travelling to Kaziranga National Park:
- Elephant and jeep safari are available in all the zones except Burhapahad.
- Remember to take the boat ride towards the northeastern part of the Park.
- The central zone is the best place to go for a safari in Kaziranga National Park.
- Elephant safari allows you to get closest to the rhinos.
- The first Safari must be avoided, especially during the winter, as visibility is poor during morning hours.
Kaziranga Tour Packages:
- Kaziranga Weekend Tour
- North East Golden Triangle Tour
- North East Wildlife Tour
- Rhino and Tiger Tour
Kaziranga National Park Online Safari Booking:
- D-25 P/0 – Kaziranga National park, p/s – Bokakhat. Village – 1 no Kohora, Dist – Golaghat (Assam) Pin Code – 785609
- Phone Number: +91-8882859236, +91-7982094829, +91-9873398995
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.kazirangasafaribooking.in
For the safari booking, please provide us with the following details:
- The full name, age, and sex of every visitor as printed on the original identity cards
- The booking calendar is perfect and gives ease to your booking procedure.
- Kindly select your preferred travelling date & Safari slot and timing (Morning/Afternoon)
- Your ID card number (Voter Id, Aaadhar No, Driving license No, etc.)
- The Safari fee must pay in full in advance.
- E-permits are non-refundable once the permit is confirmed online.
- Passport details are mandatory for making a reservation for a foreign tourist.
- Only First-come, first-serve is for safari booking.
- In case of revision of fees after the Booking, visitors will be liable to pay the difference at entry into the Park.
- Visitors must report at the boarding place 15 minutes before the Safari’s scheduled departure.
- The mode of transport for a safari in Kaziranga has used only Jeep and Elephant.
- Remember that the Kaziranga forest department governs the entire procedure of safari booking, and we also abide by the forest department’s rules.
Entry points or safari zones for Kaziranga National Park:
- Kaziranga Range or Central Range
- Bagori or Western Range
- Agoratoli or Eastern Range
Best time to visit Kaziranga National Park:
The best time to visit Kaziranga Park is from November to April. The winter season of the region starts in November and February, which is quite mild and dry, has a mean high of 25 °C (77 °F) and low of 5 °C (41 °F). The Park remains closed for visitors from 01 May to 31 Oct every year.
Things to do in Kaziranga National Park:
1. Jeep Safari:
Prices of a jungle safari in Kaziranga National Park:
- Toll fees: INR 300 per vehicle
- Guard fee: INR 100 per vehicle
INR 4900 / Jeep maximum of six persons are allowed in 1 Jeep. Kohora Bagori & Eastern (Foreigner), INR 7700 / Jeep | INR 7700 | INR 8600 All safari-related charges ).
Please mention that Jeep safari has provided on a non-sharing basis, and a maximum of five persons are allowed to travel in 1 jeep. Children below the age of 4 years are free, and those above four years are treated as a full adult seat charged.
2. Elephant Safari:
Charges: INR 750 per person (Indian), INR 1250 per person (foreigner).
The Safari slot time is 5 am to 6 am | and 6 am to 7 am is decided one day before your exact safari date, and will be informed accordingly to you. Advance Booking is mandatory for confirming the Booking of the elephant or Jeep Safari.
|Enchanting Jeep Safari||Morning Shift – 7:00 am to 9:45 am and Afternoon Shift – 1:00 pm to 2:45 pm||Kohora, Bagori, Agaratoli and Ghorakati|
|Bird Watching||Morning 6:00 am to 10:00 am||Bank of Brahmaputra River|
|Elephant Safari||5 am to 6 am | 6 am to 7 am||Western Range|
Entry fee at Kaziranga National Park:
It opens from 01 Nov to 30 Apr. The Park charges an entry fee of Rs. 100/- (Per Indian Individual) & Rs. 600/- (Foreigners)
Attractions around Kaziranga National Park:
Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary:
Previously known as Hoollongapar Reserve Forest or Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary, the Hoollongapar Gibbon Sanctuary is a biodiversity-rich place in the Jorhat district of Assam.
Orang National Park:
Marshes, streams, and grasslands form the landscape of the beautiful wildlife reserve, also known as mini Kaziranga. One-Horned Rhinoceros, pigmy hogs, elephants, wild buffalo, and tigers are in the Park.
Wild Mahseer at Addabarie Tea Estate:
It has Spread over 22 acres. It has set during the Balipara division of Addabarie Tea Estate near Tezpur, established by the British Assam Tea Company in 1864.
Manas National Park:
It is the only tiger reserve in the entire area and is also home to golden langur and red panda. It is undoubtedly amongst the most famous places in Guwahati.
Nambor Wildlife Sanctuary:
It has 51 rare species of orchid. One can see different kinds of birds here, some of which are the great pied hornbill, adjutant stork, white-winged wood duck, and wreathed hornbill; among the reptiles, the sanctuary preserves are the tortoise, python, monitor lizard and many others.
Hayagriva Madhava Temple:
Hayagriva Madhava Temple has situated on Monikut hill. The hill has situated in Hajo of Kamrup District in Assam, India, around 30 km to the west of Guwahati. It is a stone temple that idolizes Hayagriva Madhava.
Birangana Shadhani Kalakhetra:
It is a beautiful place name after the last great Chutiya queen, Sati Sadhani. Shadhani Kalakhetra includes an auditorium, an open-air auditorium, a children’s Park, a boating lake and serene natural beauty to spend time with the tourists. It is near Negheriting Shiva Doul.
Jugibari Beel (lake):
Jugibari Beel (lake) is a beautiful scenic tourist destination at Jugibari village. It is a charming place with a unique immense natural green environment.
The Sukreswar Temple is a Shiva temple in Assam. The Temple has located on the Itakhuli hill (Sukreswar) on the south bank of river Brahmaputra in Panbazar, Guwahati city. Near the Temple, the compound has a flight of steps to the River. Sit on the steps of Sukreswar ghat, and one can enjoy the sunset and children and older people bathing. It has one of the largest Lingams of Lord Shiva.
Ugratara Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Ugratara located on the western side of Jor Pukhury tanks in the heart of Guwahati in the Lotaxil in Northeast India. The Temple in Uzan Bazaar in the Guwahati eastern part of Assam is a Shakti shrine.
Dirgheswari Temple is one of the supreme Devi Tirtha and has dedicated to Goddess Durga. The Temple has located on the northern banks of the mighty River Brahmaputra at Dirgheswari hill Guwahati, Assam, India. And is an important Goddess temple in Guwahati.
It is well famous as the bleeding Goddess. The Temple appears very nice during the evening aarti time. The kamakhya Temple has dedicated to the tantric goddesses. Apart from the deity Kamakhya Devi maata, the ten other Kali avatars named Matangi, Bagola, Kamala, Tara, Bhairavi, Dhumavati, Chinnamasta, Tripura Sundari, and Bhuvaneshwari.
Dedicated to the nine major divine bodies (Sun, Venus, Saturn, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, South Lunar Node and North Lunar Node), Navagraha Temple in Guwahati has nine Shiva Lingas.
Lankeshwar Temple is an old temple dedicated to Shiva on the hilltop in the Guwahati western part of Assam, near the Gauhati University campus in Kamrup district. Lord Lankeshwar is one of the many forms of Lord Shiva.
The Temple has built on Bhasmachala Hill. And ‘Umananda’ came from two Hindi words,’ Ananda,’ which means happiness and ‘Uma,’ which is another name for Lord Shiva’s wife.
The Mandir is a famous Shiva temple in ‘Bordubi town’, 7 km from Tinsukia District Guwahati. It is in a tea garden in Bordubi town, with hanging bells around the Temple complex. It is near Negheriting Shiva Doul.
Balaji Temple Guwahati:
It is a beautiful temple of Guwahati City located in the Lokhra region. The Temple replicates the famous Tirupati Venkateshwara temple of Southern India. The Balaji temple in Guwahati is dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara and has located around 10 km from the city centre.
Doul Govinda Mandir:
Doul Govinda Mandir is one of the important temples of Kamrup, Assam, India. It has situated on the northern banks, on the foothills of Chandra Bharati hill at Rajaduar, North Guwahati.
Most popular stayings at Kaziranga National Park:
- Diphlu River Lodge
- Kaziranga Resort
- Resort Borgos
- Wild Grass Lodge
- Bonhabi Resort
- Aranya Tourist Lodge
- United 21 Grassland Resorts
- Infinity Kaziranga Wilderness
- Iora – The Retreat
- Koliabor Manor
- Santi Lodge
- Landmark Woods
- Jupuri Ghar Kaziranga
- Florican Lodge Kaziranga
- Jonaki Kareng Kaziranga
- Mandu The Escape Resort
- Hongthor Resort
- Bonvilla Retreat Hotel
- Foxtail Orchid Resort
Kaziranga National Park Address & Phone Number:
- Kanchanjuri, Assam 784177
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Number: + 9212777225 / 9212553107
- Website: https://www.kaziranga-national-park.com/
How to reach Kaziranga National Park?
By Air: Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi is near Kaziranga National Park. Jorhat Airport in Assam and Dimapur in Nagaland are the nearest accessible airports to Kaziranga National Park.
By Road: Kaziranga National Park is a 6-hour drive from Guwahati and a 2-hour drive from Jorhat.
By Rail: Furkating is the railway station closest to the Park. Helem (30 km), Jorhat (90 km ), and Guwahati ( 200 km ) are some of the popular railway stations in the vicinity of the National Park.
Kohora is the main tourist place for Kaziranga. It’s on National Highway 37 (NH 37), linked to Guwahati on the west and Jorhat on the east.
INR 4100 / Jeep maximum of 6 persons are allowed in 1 Jeep. INR 4900 / Jeep maximum of 6 persons are allowed in 1 Jeep. Jeep safari is non-sharing basis. A child below four years is complimentary, and above four years is treated as an adult & safari duration is 2 hours.
The average cost of a Kaziranga tour package is INR 20,000. However, this amount will also include your flight tickets and accommodation.
The jeep safari in Kaziranga tour takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes. There are two slots available for the activity: 7 am to 9:30 pm and 1 pm to 3:30 pm.