Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Antarvedi had located in the temple town of Antarvedi, Sakhinetipalle Mandal, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh State, India. The Antarvedi temple had located at the confluence of the Godavari River, a tributary of the Bay of Bengal and the Vashishta Godavari. Antarvedi temple timings are from 04:30 am to 07:30 pm.
History of Antarvedi Temple
- 1 History of Antarvedi Temple
- 1.0.1 Poojas and Prices of Antarvedi Temple
- 1.0.2 Antarvedi Temple Nitya Annadanam
- 1.0.3 Temple Timings
- 1.0.4 Antarvedi Temple Sudarshana Homam Timings:
- 1.0.5 Festivals
- 1.0.6 Nearby Places to Visit
- 1.0.7 Antarvedi Temple Accommodation
- 1.0.8 How to reach Antarvedi Temple?
- 1.0.9 Temple Contact Details
- 1.0.10 FAQs
“Also known as Dakshina Kashi (South Kashi), Antarvedi is an important shrine in the East Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, which lies inland on the east coast.
During the Krit Yuga, Saunaka Maharishi and his companions gathered at Naimisharanyam. Their rest, Satrayaga, is famous and important historical Indian. They learned about the shrines from Suta, a Quranic commentator.
One day, they asked him to tell them about the greatness and importance of the Antarvedi shrine and Lakshmi Narasimha Swami. Suta was delighted to tell a story that Lord Brahma had once told to sage Narada.
Lord Brahma spoke thus when Narada asked Brahma to tell him about the historical background of Antarveda. Lord Brahma founded the ashram after Vasishta merged his ashram with the Gautama branch of the Godavari river to wash away his sins against Lord Shankara.
Rudrayagam had performed, and Lord Neelakantheswara had placed there. It is named Antharvehi, next to the river Vasishtha, as the place had been created as a stage or ‘Vedika’ for performing sacrifices.
After some time, Rakthavilochana, the son of Hiranyaksha, was doing immense penance on the bank. After pleasing Lord Shiva for ten thousand years in the river Vasishta, Sanjara appeared before him, very pleased with his penance and receiving his grace.
He promised to grant him whatever he wanted. Raktavilochana asked that the number of grains of sand stained with blood that fell from his body to the ground in battle would later produce demons as strong as himself and that he would help them unite with him. Enemies had killed.
Poojas and Prices of Antarvedi Temple
- Abhishekham – RS 200 (Per Couple, starts at 5.30 AM Every Day)
- Sri Sudharshana Homam – Rs 400 1 Day
- Rs 4000 for 1 Month
- Rs 10,000 for 3 Months
- Rs 20,000 for 6 Months
- Rs 40,000 for 1 Year
- Mokkubadi Kalyanam – Rs 1116
- Saswatha Pooja – Rs 2500/-
- Donation For Marriage – Rs 500/-
- Marriage Shed 1 – Rs 5000
- Marriage Shed 2 – Rs 5000
- Marriage Shed 3(Opposite Office) – Rs 2000/-
- Marriage Site(North Side of Garbhalayam) – Rs 2500
- Video Charges – Rs 200/-
- Suprabatha Seva – Rs 100
- Kumkumarchana – Rs 100/-
- Astothra Namarchana(Per Couple) – Rs 250
- Annaprasanam – Rs 200/-
- Namakaranam – Rs 200/-
- Upanayanam – Rs 500/-
- Athi sigra Dharshanam – RS 25
- Kesa khandana – RS 10/-
- Haarathi – Rs 50/-(Per Person)
- Laddu – Rs 15
- Bhogam – Rs 25/-(1Kg)
- GoPooja – Rs 50
- Vahana Pooja –
- Rs 58/-(For 2 Wheelers)
- Rs 116/- (For 3&4 Wheelers)
Antarvedi Temple Nitya Annadanam
- Rs 1,00,000 and Above – The donor will be called “MAHARAJA POSHAKULU.”
- Rs 50,000 and Above – The donor will be called “RAJA POSHAKULU.”
- Rs 10,000 and Above – The donor will be called “POSHAKULU.”
- Rs 1116 and Above – The donor will be called “DATALU.”
- Temple opening time – 04.30 am
- Nijaroopa Darshan – 6.00 am – 8.00 am
- Sarva Darshan – 9.30 am – 12.30 pm
- Sarva Darshan – 2.30 am – 07.30 pm
- Temple closing time – 07.30 pm
Antarvedi Temple Sudarshana Homam Timings:
- 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
- No. of persons allowed – Couple & Single
Antarvedi Temple Abhishekham Timings:
Abhishekham – Rs 200/-(Per Couple, starts at 5.30 am Every Day)
- Sri Swamy Vari Kalyanam (Magha Sudda Dasami)
- Kalyanamohasthavams Magh sudda Sapthami to Magha Bhhula Payamis
- Rathayatra Magha Sudha Ekadasi
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy kalyanam, Jasta Sudha Ekadasi.
- Sri Narasimha Jayanthi (Vysakha Sudha Chaturdasi)
Nearby Places to Visit
Located in Antarvedi Village, Sakhinetipalle Mandal, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh, Antarvedi Beach are a peaceful beach and the perfect getaway for those who need to take a change from city life.
Another sacred temple is Shiva Temple or Neelakantheswara Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Throughout the year, many devotees come in and out of this temple.
There is a 26 km long beach trek. The trek goes through the coastal areas to witness the most mesmerizing sunrises. We can also interact with some local fishermen here to understand their local culture. Hosting a BBQ night here is also a popular and wonderful idea.
Antarvedi Temple Accommodation
- Temple Authorities currently provide 20 rooms, of which 6 are A/C, and 14 are non-A/C.
- 6 A/C Suits – Rs 800/- per Room per Day
- 14 Non-A/C Suits – Rs 300/- per Room per Day
Temple Rooms For more details, Contact:
- Mr A.Venkateswara Rao – +91-9704331103
- Sri K.Rama Rao – +91-9912254881
How to reach Antarvedi Temple?
The nearest railway head to Antarvedi Temple is Narasapur Railway Station (NS). The distance from Naraspur Railway Station to Antarvedi Temple is 20 km. Daily trains are from Guntur, Nagersol, Tirupati, Hyderabad, and Visakhapatnam railway stations.
The nearest bus stand or bus stop is Narasapuram Bus Station. The distance between Antarvedi Temple and Antarvedi Temple is 20 km.
The nearest airport to Antharvedi Temple is Rajahmundry Airport. The airport code of Rajahmundry Airport is RJA. There are common flights from all airports to Rajahmundry Airport.
Temple Contact Details
- Address: Antarvedi Devasthanam Sakinetipalli Mandal, East Godavari District, Antarvedi, Andhra Pradesh 533252
- Phone Number: 8862 – 259313
- Special Officer and Assistant Commissioner Number: 08856 -259313
- Antarvedi Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple: Website
This Kshetra is also known as Mukti Kshetra as it grants liberation to pilgrims. Antharvedi is also called ‘Narasimhakshetra’ after the Lord. Antarvedi has the beach in the east and Godavari in the south in the west, and Raktakulya River in the north. It covers an area of about four square miles.
The temple was built in the 15th or 16th century by the Pallava kings and later by the Reddy kings of Peddapuram. The structure is said to have been built in 1823 by Kapanati Krishnamma of the Agnikula Kshatriya clan.
Located in Antarvedi Village, Sakhinetipalle Mandal, East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh, Antarvedi Beach is a peaceful beach and the perfect getaway for those who want to take a break from city life.
The village housed the widely worshipped Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple facing the Vashishta Godavari. It had been said by Antarvedi to be “the second Varanasi by the grace of God”.