Last Updated on
Bhadrachalam Temple is a South Indian Hindu Temple. The main deity of this Lord Rama who is the seventh form of the Lord Vishnu.
It is on the shores of the Godavari River. The river is in the town of Bhadrachalam, a piece of the Bhadradri Kothagudem area in Telangana state.
The temple is one of the Divya Kshetrams of Godavari and is also called as Dakshina Ayodhya.
As indicated by the legend, Vishnu appeared to Meru’s child Bhadra as Sri Rama to answer the last’s supplications.
In any case, Vishnu overlooked that Rama was a mortal human and showed up as Vaikuntha Sri Rama with four hands. Sita and Lakshmana shape some portion of the sanctuary’s moolavar.
History of Bhadardi Temple:
In the 17 century, a lady named Pokala Dhammakka living in Bhadrareddypalem found the symbol of Rama in an ant colony.
She broke up the ant colony with the help of the water from the Godavari River. With the help of the villagers, Dhammakka developed a mandapam and started praying to the deities.
During the rule of Abul Hasan Qutb Shah (1672-1686), Kancherla Gopanna appointed as the tehsildar of Bhadrachalam. Kabirdas, a Muslim holy person respected with his charity gave a title of Ramadas.
Following the Shah’s requests, Gopanna implemented the Jaziya, a punishment intended to drive Hindus to welcome Islam. Observing the broken-down condition of the temple, Gopanna chose to construct a temple by bringing donations.
The Bhadrachalam Temple completed its construction at a cost of almost six lakh varahas.
After Gopanna got orders to attend the court by the shah. Gopanna clarified that he never proposed to misuse Treasury finances and wanted to repay that would get in the future.
Gopanna got to hang if he does not clear the money within 12 years.
On the most recent day of the twelfth year, Rama and Lakshmana appeared in Shah’s dream and repaid the total in Rama madas (gold coins with Rama’s image on them).
Shah woke up, then he saw genuine gold coins and discharged Gopanna. He gave the territory around Bhadrachalam as an addition to the temple.
Timings of Bhadrachalam Temple:
- Morning Timings: From 4:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Evening Timings: From 3:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Sri Rama Navami is the popular Utsav celebrates here every year, where a huge number of devotees will attend to the eye feast kalyanamahostavam (marriage) of Lord Rama with Seetha.
How to reach Bhadradri Temple:
- The nearest Railway station is Bhadrachalam (Kothagudem) which is 40 km to Bhadradri Temple.
- The state bus service, TSRTC operates numerous buses connecting the town to various places like Kothagudem, Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal, Tirupati, Rajahmundry, Nalgonda, Chennai, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
- Vijayawada is the nearest airport where flights are available and well connected to many of the famous cities.
Bhadrachalam Temple Accommodation:
Bhadrachalam Temple Accommodation is provided by devasthanam and nearby cottages shown below.
|Sri Rama Sadan||300|
|Tanisha Kalyana Mandapam||1000|
|Sri Rama Nilayam||600|
|Kamala Kuteer Single Room Non-A/C||400|
|Veeranna Single Room Non-A/C||400|
Sarada Nilayam Double Room
Single A/C Cottage
|Shyama Vihar A/C Double A/C||1200|
|Agarwal Single Room A/C Cottage||1500|
|Subha Siva Ramam A/C||1500|
|Rama Nilayam Double A/C|
Or else you can book online by nearby hotels, which are 2km far away from the temple and long journey people can stay in Khammam. visitors easily find the hotel in Khammam.
- Hotel Haritha.
- Srinidhi residency.
- Sri Sudharsana
- The Sita Nilayam Cottage.