The Papikondalu mountain range is in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, along the Godavari River (Western Godavari). In terms of scenic beauty, Papikondalu is a visual feast. The width of the Godavari becomes narrower as the hills get closer to the visitor. This view resembles the middle partition of a woman’s hair, initially named ‘Papidi’ Kondalu- Paidi in Telugu means middle section of a woman’s hair.
Later, it came to know as Papikondalu in the local language. The river’s narrowing, turns, twists, and Papi Hills form a breathtaking visual experience. There are waterfalls at Munivaatnam. Papikondalu is one of the top places to explore in Andhra Pradesh State. It is perfect for people looking for a getaway full of natural beauty.
It is suitable for camping and trekking. Boat trips can conduct by Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC) from Rajahmundry in one or two days. One-day trip costs Rs 500 per head and Rs 400 for adults and children.
Best time to visit Papikondalu
- 1 Best time to visit Papikondalu
- 1.0.1 Best way to reach Papikondalu
- 1.0.2 Papikondalu Road Cum River Cruise Package Tour
- 1.0.3 Papikondalu 1 Day Tour Package – Punnami Tourism
- 1.0.4 Major Attractions In And Around Papikondalu
- 1.0.5 Hotels near Papikondalu
- 1.0.6 Papikondalu Address
- 1.0.7 How to reach Papikondalu
- 1.0.8 FAQs
You can visit Papikondalu from October to March. The summers in this area have high and humid temperatures, so it’s best to avoid this place during this time. Monsoon begins from July to September, bringing in refreshed climate changes. Winters, too, are quite pleasant, making it the perfect time to take a trip to Papikondalu.
Best way to reach Papikondalu
Papikondalu is easy to reach from all the nearby cities. The nearest airport and railway station is in Rajahmundry, around 60 km away. NH-5 passes through it and has road connectivity with the main towns nearby. There are boat services available from Rajahmundry, though they are few.
Papikondalu Road Cum River Cruise Package Tour
Telangana Tourism provides it.
- 7:30 pm: Departure from IRO-Paryatak Bhavan
- 8:00 pm: CRO Basheerbagh
- Night journey to Bhadrachalam (Dinner en route.)
And Day 2:
- 5:00 am: Arrival at Bhadrachalam Haritha Hotel
- 5:00 am to 6:30 am: Freshup (Bath & Change at Haritha Hotel) Bhadrachalam.
- 7:00 am: After Temple Darshan Breakfast at Haritha Hotel, Bhadrachalam
- 8:30 am: Proceeding to Pocharam Boating Point – Perantalapally and Kolluru by Boat (Lunch and evening snacks served on the ship). Night Stay at Kolluru in bamboo huts on (sharing basis )
Breakfast at Kolluru, visit Jungle walk and river bath (after Lunch), departing to Pocharam, Pranashala and proceed to Haritha Badrachalam for Dinner. Departure From Badrachalam to Hyderabad at 9.00 pm
- Arrival at Hyderabad – 6 am
- Tariff: Adult – Rs.6499, Child – Rs.5199.
- Tour includes Non-A/c Transportation with Non-A/c Accommodation, Non-A/c Boating & Food. The First Day Dinner can omit. Last-day Dinner can consist of.
Papikondalu 1 Day Tour Package – Punnami Tourism
It is a private tourism package.
- Adult: Rs.1200/-
- Child: Rs.1000/-
- Child Age limit: 5 to 10 Years
Punnami Tourism Time: 7.00 am, Godavari Bund Road, Rajahmundry.
Papikondalu is three in number, situated like a wall amid the holy river Godavari, nearly 100 KM far from Rajahmundry. Every Tourist who visited Papikondalu on a luxury cruise has enjoyed its scenic beauty.
Places cover under this tour:
Gandipochamma Temple, Papikondalu, Perantapalli Ashramam and Temple.
View on Boat:
Polavaram Project Area, Devipatnam, Koruturu Cottages, Kolluru Huts.
The package includes the following:
Breakfast, Vegetarian Lunch with mineral water.
- 7:30 am Road journey to Polavaram Revu/ Purushothapatnam Revu to check in Boat
- 9:00 am Breakfast in the Boat, then the journey starts on the Holy River Godavari
- 10.30 am Reach GandiPochamma Temple and darshan.
- 1.00 pm Vegetarian Lunch in the Boat while on a journey
- 2.00 pm Reach Papikondalu, journey in between “Papikondalu” enjoy the scenic beauty
- 3.00 pm Reaches Perantapalli village of Khammam district Visit “Ramakrishna muni vatika” (Ashramam) and Veereswara Swamy Temple and darshan of God Shiva.
- 3.30 pm Return journey by Boat to Polavaram Revu/Purushothapatnam Revu
- 7.30 pm Road journey to Rajahmundry, 8.30 pm Reach Rajahmundry.
Major Attractions In And Around Papikondalu
Parnasala Temple is a small village in the Dummugudem Mandal in Telangana, the newly formed Bhadradri Kothagudem district.
Perantalapalli is a village in Velerupadu Mandal, located at the Kunavaram-Rajahmundry waterway. It is just 10 minutes from Kolluru and can reach by boat ride. One can explore Sri Krishna Munivatam Temple, which has constructed in 1927. The village has blessed with scenic beauty.
Pattisam has located 35 km away from Rajahmundry and a distance of 30 km from Papikondalu. It is a fantastic place situated on the banks of the river Godavari. One can reach this destination via road and a boat from Rajahmundry. Two ancient temples are the main attraction points of the goal, one devoted to Lord Shiva and another to Lord Vishnu.
The temple is situated in the Jamalapuram village, close to Yerrupalem town. Swami Venkateshwara is the reigning God, and this temple can dedicate to him. Alongside, you can adore the other temples in the surroundings, and incredible scenic beauty fills your heart with joy.
Gandi Pochamma Temple
Gandi Pochamma Temple has situated at the riverbank of Godavari. The destination can reach by boat ride, an hour’s journey from Pattiseema. The temple has dedicated to Goddess Gandi Poshamma. One can appreciate the hilly region that offers scenic views to travellers.
Hotels near Papikondalu
- Papikondalu Resorts
- The kabin resorts
- Oak Tree Garden Resort
- Ap Tourism Maredumilli Resorts
- Aranya Eco Resorts
- Vanam Resorts – The Nature’s Nest
- Birds Nest Resorts
- Jungle Star Eco Camp
- Sana Resorts
- Sunrise Valley Resort
- West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
- Papikondalu: Official Website
How to reach Papikondalu
The Rajahmundry Airport is the nearest.
If you are coming from the Khammam district, you can take public transportation, either a bus or a taxi, to get to Bharachalam. You can take a cab to Rajahmundry from the East Godavari district. A 35-kilometre ghat road leads from East Godavari to Papikondalu.
The nearest railway station is Rajahmundry Station. It is 150 km from Vijayawada and 220 km from Vishakhapatnam.
A boat trip from Rajahmundry or Bhadrachalam is required to appreciate Papikondalu’s beauty fully. You can choose between a small motorboat with five people (drive included) and river streamers with 50-60 people. The journey down the Godavari River takes approximately 8 hours.
As the tallest masonry dam, Nagarjuna Sagar Dam is also the pride of India.
A stunning hill range bounded by the holy River Godavari, Papikondalu is a fantastic travel getaway in Andhra Pradesh. It has been declared a protected National park, almost entirely covered by tropical rainforests.
6499/- Adult , Child @ Rs. 5199/- . Tour includes Non-A/c Transportation with Non-A/c Accommodation, Non-A/c Boating & Food. The First Day Dinner can be omitted.
The best time to visit is October to January, while the peak season is November to December.