Last Updated on
Vemulawada Temple is located at Rajanna Siricilla district of Telangana. This vicinity is not only referred to as Vemulawada Temple but also as “Dhakshina Kasi”.
As a matter of fact, the sanctum has Lord Shiva inside the name of Raja Rajeswara Swamy.
Meanwhile, the most important festivals are Shiva Rathri, Sri Rama Navami, Bonalu, Dasara and Bathukamma. The architecture of the Vemulawada temple is Dravidian.
History of Vemulawada Temple:
Vemulawada temple became constructed in 750-930 A.D by Raja Narendra Chola.
Indra- the king of astadikpalaka by way of devoutly worshipping Lord Sri Raja Rajeshwara-the presiding deity of the shrine, purified himself from brahmahatya dosham.
Bhavishyothara Purana mentions that the sun-god [Surya Bhagavan] recovered from incapacity with the aid of praying at the shrine here and so this shrine is termed “Bhaskara kshethram”.
In 750 A.D to 973 A.D, Raja Narendra Chola was suffering from leprosy from the distinctive feature of killing a muniputra by accident. While he taking bathtub in Dharmagundam he has dream lord Sri Raja Rajeshwara and goddess Sri raja Rajehwari Devi in an imaginative.
Received the blessing with instructions to construct a temple and installation ‘Siva lingam’ which was laying within the mattress of the Dharmagundam.
Vemulawada Temple Timings:
- Temple might be open at 4:00 AM and get closed by 10:00 PM
- Sarva Darshanam is from 4:35 AM to 5:00 AM
- Dharma Darshanam & Abhisekam is from 6:15 AM to 11:30 AM
- Darshanam & Aakula puja, maha puja, Pallaki Seva, Pedda Seva is from
7.10 PM to 9.00 PM
The way to reach :
By means of air:
- The nearest airport is available in Hyderabad. From there, we can hire any taxi to reach the temple with a distance of one hundred sixty-five km over a period of 4 hours.
- The closest railway station to Vemulawada temple is in Warangal. No direct train between Warangal and Vemulawada is available. For this reason, we should travel first and foremost to Pedapalli and then to Temple in a vehicle.
- Actually, Buses are available from Hyderabad to Vemulawada in daily practice.
Vemulawada temple Accommodation:
Here is the information for Vemulawada temple Accommodation with the details of its name and rent per day…
For Non -Ac Rooms
|Name of cottage||Number of rooms|
Rent per day
|Sri Lakshmi Ganapathi complex||88||250-00|
For Ac Room
|11||Sri Ammvari guest house||08|
|Sri Bheemesvari guest house||02|
Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy Temple Vemulawada Contact number:
- 08723–236018, 236040, 236043