Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja is a Hindu ritual performed at Kukke Subramanya Temple in Karnataka, India. It had performed to appease the serpent god and seek his blessings for protection against snake bites and Sarpa Dosha. Pooja timings on Day 1: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and Pooja timings on Day 2: 6:00 am – 8:00 am.
The Pooja involved offerings of various materials, mantras, recitation, and certain rites and had believed to be effective in curing the effects of Sarpa Dosha.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Timings:
- 1 Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Timings:
- 2 Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Procedure:
- 2.1 Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Tickets Online Booking:
- 2.2 Subramanya Swamy Temple:
- 2.3 kukke Subramanya online donation :
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Pooja Timings are here
- Pooja timings on Day 1: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Pooja timings on Day 2: 6:00 am – 8:00 am
|Days||Day 1 Timings||Day 2 Timings|
|Monday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
|Tuesday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
|Wednesday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
|Thursday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
|Friday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
|Saturday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
|Sunday||08:30 am to 12:00 pm||6 am to 8 am|
Best Time to Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja:
The Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja performed best during the Hindu lunar months of Shravana (July-August) and Karthika (October-November). Specific to this (lunar days) within these months are considered auspicious. Consult the temple authorities or a local priest for accurate dates and timings based on the Hindu calendar.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samsakara Pooja Benefits:
- You will be relieved from Naga Dosha.
- It is helpful for career growth.
- Delay in marriage
- I will be relieving myself of the fertility problem.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja days:
The Pooja will be more effective in Sravana Masam, Karthika Masam, and Margashira Masam. Pooja will perform on special days like Ekadasi and temple festivals.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Dress Code:
For men, the dress code is Dhoti, and the dress code for women is Saree or Chudidar.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Procedure:
Day 1 Procedure:
- Reach Kukke by bus or private vehicle, and check in at the hotel.
- Go to the Kumaradhara River. It is about 2 km away from the main temple. Take a dip in that river. You can go by auto-rickshaws to the river. After that, men have to wear Dhoti.
- From there, you have to visit Aadi Subramanya Swamy Temple. It is a five-minute walkable distance away from the main temple. You have to do six pradakshinas to go to the main temple.
- Visit the ticket counter of the main temple on the left side. It opens at 9 am.
- You can collect the token number and ticket by showing the online receipt.
- Take the ticket to Sarpa samskara Mantap in the opposite lane to Aadi Subramanya Swamy Temple.
- At Sarpa Samskara Mantap, the male devotees should take off their shirts. All the devotees are divided into eight groups.
Sarpa Samskara Pooja:
- Eight priests will perform Pooja for all eight groups.
- All the pilgrims were allocated seats at the pooja place. The pooja place will be with Snake Idol. Two snakes were made with wheat flour, flowers, and one towel.
- Now the priests will come and perform Pooja. Before beginning the Pooja, you have to offer the towel to the priest to wear.
- There are 4 Agni Gundams at four corners. Four priests will perform Homam.
- The allotted priests will take one wheat flour snake, wrap it in a cloth, and drop it in homa Gundam.
- First-day Pooja is for Dhana samskaram. You will perform final rites to the snake you or your ancestry might have killed with or without awareness.
- Next, the priest will drop another snake of wheat flour somewhere else.
- End of the first day’s Pooja. You should not enter the main temple and perform any other Pooja for that day.
- After going to the room, take a bath, and relax.
Day 1 Food Arrangements:
- Temple administration will provide food for all the members who participate in Pooja.
- Lunch will be at 1 pm, and dinner will start at 6 pm.
- The dining hall is next to Sarpa Samskara Mantap.
Day 2 Procedure:
- On the second day of Pooja, taking a dip in the Kumaradhara River is unnecessary. It is up to your choice.
- If you want to take a dip, you have to do it by 5 am, or you can take a bath at the place where you are staying and wear a Dhoti after the shower.
- You have to be at Sarpa Samskara Mantap by 6 am. The Pooja longs for 2 hours.
- The Pooja will be performed at the same place by the same priest.
- Temple devotees will draw snake shape rangoli with six wheat flours.
- You must perform three pradakshinas to the snake idol before giving every pinda to the priest. The Pooja will come to an end in doing this.
- After that, take blessings from the prominent priest. Aged devotees have to do namaskar to Homa Gundam.
- Before leaving the hall, you must take blessings from 11 Brahmachari bachelors sitting in a row over there.
- After that, you have to perform pradakshinas outside the Mantap.
- After that, you can have breakfast.
- At noon, Nagapratista has done. You must arrive a few minutes earlier to complete Sankalp at the main temple.
- After completing the Sankalpa, go to Nagapartista Mantap.
- Pooja performed. After that, the prasadam gave. It includes dhoop sticks, coconut, and prasadam.
- You should have this prasadam for the next 12 days after bathing and before breakfast.
- It would help if you did not have non-veg, garlic, and onions for those 12 days.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Tickets Online Booking:
Sarpa samskara is a great devotional activity done all over India. It is an activity carried out only in a few temples. Among them Kukke Shree Subramanya Devasthanam is most popular for this samaskara seva. The procedure to book a ticket for this Sarpa Samsara Seva is as follows:
Open the following link to enter the official website to book the ticket link
- Select the Date from the calendar given
- Enter the Devotee’s name, Address, Pincode, City, and State.
- Enter your Email ID and Phone number.
- Select an ID proof and enter the ID proof number.
- Enter the captcha code given.
- Tap the MAKE PAYMENT option to complete the procedure.
Do’s and Don’ts For Kukke Sarpa Samskara Pooja:
- A Head bath is compulsory before visiting the temple.
- It would help if you did not see the Vishnu temple on the same day as Pooja.
- You should not perform ashtanga namaskar in this temple.
- Ladies should not perform during pregnancy, menstrual cycle, or near cycle dates.
Kukke Sarpa Samskara Pooja Food Habits:
- You should prepare sweets with these coconuts, and you have to do it before eating any other foods.
- If you want any outside food, first have a coconut piece, and then you can have outside food.
- For 12 days, you must have this prasadam after taking a bath and before breakfast.
Subramanya Swamy Temple:
- Direct buses are available from Banglore. Buses will start at 11 pm and reach kukke hill in the early hours. It is 335 km away from Bangalore.
Buses are also available from Mangalore. It is 183 km away.
kukke Subramanya online donation :
kukke Subramanya online donation, you can visit the official temple website to donate the money. The minimum amount for online donation is Rs.60 for the kukke Subramanya online donation.
Tourist places nearby Kukke Subramanya Temple:
- Bisile Ghat View Point
- Sri Adi Subrahmanya Temple
- Sri Samputa Narasimha Subrahmanya Matha
- Mallalli Falls
- Kudala Sangameshwara Temple
- The Vintage Chikmagaluru
- Dubare Inn
- Abhaya Ganapathi Temple
- Karamadai Ranganathar Temple
- Kateel Durgaparameshwari Temple
- Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mookanamane Abbi Falls
Hotels nearby Kukke Subramanya Temple:
- Akshayadhara Hotel
- Hotel Shesha Kuteera
- Mahamaya Residency
- Hotel Dwara
- Vyasa Mandira
- Hotel Adithya Nest
- The Aurum Subrahmanya
- Hotel Bhramari Nest
- Sheshnaag Aashraya
Kukke Subramanya Temple Address:
Kukke Subramanya Temple, Sullia Taluk, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka – 574238 India
How to reach Kukke Subramanya Temple:
The nearest bus stand to Kukke Subramanya Temple is the Kukke Subramanya Bus Stand.
The nearest railway station to Temple is the Subrahmanya Road Railway Station. It had located approximately 7 kilometres away from the Temple.
The nearest airport to Kukke Subramanya is the Mangalore International Airport.
Hence, Sarpa Samskara devotees are required to stay for two days. The Pooja had performed during the daytime, with no particular poojas in the evening. On the day of the pooja commencing, the devotees must bathe at the holy Kumaradhara River and be present at Adisubrahmanya Temple before 8:30 AM.
A Head bath is compulsory before visiting the Temple. It would help if you did not see the Vishnu temple on the same day as Pooja. You should not perform ashtanga namaskar in this Temple. Ladies should not perform during pregnancy, menstrual cycle, or near cycle dates.
Four people are allowed for food on both days – 1st day BF and dinner, 2nd day BF.
It’s something you need not have to worry about. As for prathishta and sarpa, samskara will be a 2-day affair, and women can perform them. Every day many women come and do it. Day 1(the day you would have booked) – there will be dosha nivarana Pooja in the morning behind the main Temple in a huge hall.
If Rahu is in the 1st house, then Kaal sarpa dosha remains till 27 years of age. Rahu is in the 2nd house, then Kaal Sarpa dosha remains till 33 years of age. If Rahu is in the house of 3rd, then Kaal Sarpa dosha remains till 36 years of age.
Second-day rituals are 1 Sarpa samskara (First-day pooja), 2 Nag/Sarpa Dosha Nivarna puja, and Naga/Sarpa Prathistapana. Due to Yutaka, Naga/Sarpa Prathistapana will be performed on the second day.