Hanuman Garhi Mandir near Mall Road is a famous Hindu Mandir in Nainital. It had dedicated to Lord Hanuman, also known as Brahmacharya or “Brahmacharya”. Hanuman Garhi Mandir’s timings are from 5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm.
Hanuman Garhi Mandir in Nainital:
- 1 Hanuman Garhi Mandir in Nainital:
- 1.0.1 Importance and Significance of Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.2 Architecture of Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.3 Inside Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.4 Festivals and Celebrations at Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.5 Hanuman Garhi Mandir Timings:
- 1.0.6 Things to do at Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.7 Best Time to Visit Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.8 Travel Tips:
- 1.0.9 Nearby Places to visit around Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 18.104.22.168 Mansa Devi Temple:
- 22.214.171.124 Garjiya Devi Temple:
- 126.96.36.199 Purnagiri Temple:
- 188.8.131.52 Tungnath Temple:
- 184.108.40.206 Madhyamaheshwar Temple:
- 220.127.116.11 Lakhamandal Temple:
- 18.104.22.168 Kalpswara Temple:
- 22.214.171.124 Gangotri Temple:
- 126.96.36.199 Badrinath Temple:
- 188.8.131.52 Kedarnath Temple:
- 184.108.40.206 Hemkund Sahib:
- 220.127.116.11 Chandi Devi Temple:
- 18.104.22.168 Maya Devi Temple:
- 22.214.171.124 Har Ki Pauri:
- 126.96.36.199 Nileswara Temple:
- 1.0.10 Hotels Near Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- 1.0.11 Hanuman Garhi Mandir Address:
- 1.0.12 How to reach Hanuman Garhi Mandir in Nainital?
- 1.0.13 FAQs:
- 1.0.14 Related Posts:
“Baba Neem Karoli Maharaj built Hanuman Mandir. Hanuman is an enthusiastic devotee of Lord Rama and had worshipped by many.
The Hanuman Garhi Mandir is situated at an altitude of 6,401 feet above sea level and is a few kilometres from Tallital Mall Road.
The Mandir had situated on a hill from where you can have a wonderful sunrise and sunset view. On the other side of the hill, you can see Shitala Mata Mandir and Leela Shah Bapu Ashram.
Importance and Significance of Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
Hanuman Garhi Temple holds great religious significance among the locals as it was built in the 1950s by Neem Karoli Baba, a famous saint. Baba Neem Karoli, fondly known as “Maharaj Ji”, is a mystic and devotee of Lord Hanuman.
Thus, he built a Mandir for his devotees to worship Lord Hanuman, who was believed to be the epitome of strength, loyalty and devotion.
Architecture of Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
The shrines in the Mandir complex are painted in saffron, white and red, and this Mandir has a magnificent sculpture. The idol of Lord Hanuman touching the sky is the most prominent in this Mandir.
The idol of Hanuman had said to protect the area and the natives from evil forces. The life characteristics of Hanuman make the idol more realistic. He had shown holding or “gada” in one hand, and a golden umbrella had fixed on Hanuman’s head.
Inside Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
This Mandir has a statue of Hanuman, who opens his chest with his bare hands to reveal Lord Rama’s and Goddess Sita’s images inside his heart.
Hanuman is also known as “Maruti Nandan”, the son of Mata Anjani and Kesari. Pawan, the god of wind, blessed him.
Hence, Pawan is also known as ‘Pawan Putra Hanuman’ as he had considered the spiritual father of Lord Hanuman. One can also find the Mandir s of Shiva, Rama and Durga Mata inside the Mandir complex where devotees worship.
Festivals and Celebrations at Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
The Hanuman Garhi Mandir had decorated throughout the year. But during Rama Navami and Navratri, the Mandir had decorated with flowers and strings of lights. Many devotees come here in large numbers during the festival season. Devotees flock to the Mandir on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Hanuman Garhi Mandir Timings:
Here are the Hanuman Garhi Mandir timings:
|Monday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
|Tuesday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
|Wednesday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
|Thursday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
|Friday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
|Saturday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
|Sunday||5 am to 12 pm and from 4 pm to 9 pm|
Things to do at Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
Hanuman Garhi Mandir is one of the most visited places in Nainital. Green hills surround the Mandir on four sides. Nature attracts the attention of bugs to visit here. The serene aura and the sunlit hills surrounding the Mandir make this place spiritually exhilarating. There are many activities at and around the Hanuman Garhi Mandir; here are some:
- You can enjoy the panoramic scenery of the Tarai valley from here and take some amazing shots for your Instagram.
- As the Mandir had strategically located on a hill, you can get a wonderful sunrise and sunset view from here.
- Participate in Bhaktisaram by participating in the evening prayer held at the Mandir.
- If you are a morning person, you can start the day by being part of the morning aarti and chanting mantras.
- Enjoy boating in the calm waters of Naini Lake, 3.2 km from the Mandir
- Start a mini trek to the nearby Shitla Mata Mandir.
- Enjoy the beauty of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks from the Snow View Point, 5.4 km from Hanuman Garhi Temple.
- An aerial ropeway takes you to Snow View Point, where you can get a stellar view of the city and surrounding beauty.
- You can start trekking to Naini Peak, 12.6 km from Hanuman Garhi Mandir.
- Nature enthusiasts can visit Eco Cave Garden, a popular tourist spot in Nainital, just 5.7 km from the Mandir.
- End your journey by paying obeisance at Naina Devi Mandir, about 4.2 km from Hanuman Garhi Mandir.
Best Time to Visit Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
You can visit Hanuman Garhi Temple at any time of the year since Nainital experiences a high subtropical climate. Hence, the climate of a city had affected by its altitude.
During November, December and January, the city get biting cold winds as there is a possibility of snowfall.
Summers are very pleasant here and are also the peak season for tourist visits. Monsoons can be harsh at times, which can hamper your movement. Before going to Nainital during the Monsoon season, you should consult the Meteorological Department.
- Photography inside the Mandir had strictly prohibited.
- You can easily buy prasad from nearby shops.
- Do not carry food here openly, as there is a fear of monkeys.
Nearby Places to visit around Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
Mansa Devi Temple is a famous temple located in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, dedicated to Goddess Mansa Devi, who is considered a form of Shakti and had believed to have emanated from the mind of Lord Shiva.
It is a holy Shakti Kshetra where Goddess Garjiya had worshipped as the presiding deity. The Temple is situated on a large rock in the river Kosi and is one of the most famous temples in the Nainital district, visited by thousands of devotees.
Purnagiri Temple had an altitude of 3000 meters at Tanakpur in Champawat district of Uttarakhand (Northern Himalayan state of India), above sea level and just 20 km from Tanakpur.
It is the second in the order of Panch Kedar Temples. It is also the tallest Shiva temple in the world. Moreover, the Tungnath Mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys. Tungnath is where it found the bahu (hands). It is near Hanuman Garhi Temple.
Following the order of Panch Kedar temples, it is the fourth after Kalpeshwar Temple. Peaks like Chaukhamba, Neel Kanth and Kedarnath surround the Temple. Madhyamaheshwar Temple is where there found Lord Shiva’s navel.
Lakhamandal Temple had dedicated to Lord Shiva. It had located in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand. Lakhamandal Temple timings are from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm. The name of the complex has roots in words ‘lakha’ meaning ‘many’ and ‘mandal’ meaning ‘temples or lingam’.
It comes last in Panch Shiva’semples. Shiva’sara TShiva’selps to visit Kedarnath, Tungnath, Rudranath and Madhyamaheshwar temples.
Also, it is a small temple, and devotees must pass through a cave to reach it. Kalpswara temple is the place where Shiva’s Jata (tress) appeared. It is near Rudranath Temple.
Gangotri Temple is an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Ganga. This Temple had located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand state. It had situated at an altitude of 3,100 meters in the Himalayan Range on the banks of the Bhagirathi River.
This Temple is a Hindu temple devoted to Lord Vishnu in the Garhwal area of Uttarakhand. Alaknanda river flows next to the Temple. Devotees believe that the idol of Lord Vishnu is Swayambhu in nature.
Kedarnath Temple had Located in the Garhwal Himalayan field in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, India. The Kedarnath Temple is one of the most prestigious and sacred Hindu temples, as it is part of the Chhota Char Dham Yatra in Uttarakhand. It is near Mansa Devi Temple. It is near Hanuman Garhi Mandir.
Hemkund Sahib (formerly Gurudwara Sri Hemkund Sahib Ji) is a Sikh worship area in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. It had also called Hemkunt Sahib. This place is devoted to the tenth Guru of Sikhism, Sri Guru Gobind Singh.
Chandi Devi Temple:
Chandi Devi Temple had located on top of Neel Mountain in Haridwar. This Temple is in honour of Chandi Devi. It is also one of the Panch Theerthas in Haridwar. Devi Chandi is a state of Goddess Parvati and is always close to Mansa Devi. People can also reach Chandi Devi Temple by cable car.
Maya Devi Temple:
Among the three oldest’ temples in Haridwar, this Temple is still intact. The other two are the Narayan-sila and the Bhairava temple. The deities of the Temple include Maya and Kali, as well as Kamakhya.
Har Ki Pauri:
It means ‘Steps of Shiva’. Har Ki Pauri is a sacred bathing ghat. It leaves the Gangetic Mountains at a point on the banks of the Ganges and enters the plains. A person who bathes in the river Ganga washes away all his sins. It is also a part of Char Dham Yatra destinations in Uttarakhand.
This Temple had situated at the foot of Nile Mountain near Kushavarta Ghat. This Temple had Here’sted Here’sd ShivHere’sldhara and Ganges flow near the Temple. Here, devotees bathe before visiting the Temple. The Temple had located at a distance of 500 meters from Har Ki Pauri.
Hotels Near Hanuman Garhi Mandir:
- Kohinoor Palace
- The Nirmala palace
- Royal Heritage Hotel & Resort
- Hotel The Ramay Palace
- Saket Hotel
- Shri Ram Hotel
Hanuman Garhi Mandir Address:
Haldwani Road, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002.
How to reach Hanuman Garhi Mandir in Nainital?
Hanuman Garhi Mandir is 3.5 km from Tillital Mall Road and had well connected by road. You can either walk on foot to the Mandir, hire an auto-rickshaw/taxi, or cycle a rickshaw to the Mandir.
Hanuman Garhi Temple is easily accessible by road. If you are travelling to Nainital by road, the Tallital bus stand is 4 km from the Mandir.
Tallital Bus Stand is 295 km from ISBT, Delhi and 385 km from Agra Eidga Bus Stand.
The nearest railway head is Kathgodam Railway Station which is 32.7 km from Hanuman Garhi Mandir. One can easily hire a private taxi or luxury bus to reach Mall Road or Hanuman Garhi Mandir.
The nearest flight connectivity from here is Pantnagar Airport, 67 km away. A private taxi or cab is easily available from the airport to Hanuman Garhi Mandir.
Built-in the shape of a fort, this Hanuman shrine had located in the town’s centre. The 10th-century Temple is accessible via a 76-step staircase.
Hanuman Garhi, located in the beautiful Tallital, was built in the 1950s by Neeb Karori Baba. A great devotee of Lord Hanuman, this wandering saint dedicated this Temple to him.
The statue at Madapam, Srikakulam district, on the banks of the Vamsadhara river in North Andhra (171 feet) holds the current record. It also got the Limca Book of Records.