Last Updated on
Surya Narayana Temple Budagavi
Surya Narayana Temple Budagavi is located at Budagavi village, Uravakonda Mandal, Ananthapur district.
Since Arasavelli is the first in Andhra Pradesh, this is the 2nd Surya Temple. This is the only temple in the World where Lord Surya faces South.
A Non-Resident Indian Ram Khasibhatla of Budagavi town in Anantapur region recognised and reconstructed this temple.
History of Surya Narayana Temple Budagavi :
During 13 century a Chalukyan ruler constructed this temple. Since Usha and Chhaya are the wives of Surya Narayana, cut the 5-foot Padmapani symbol of dark stone holding lotus buds.
The Padma remains for intelligence Usha and Chaya for time everlasting.
Surya Narayana Temple Timings:
- Morning Timings: 8.00 AM to 11.00 PM.
- Evening Timings: 5.30 PM to 8.30 PM.
How to reach
- The nearest airport is located in Puttaparthi. We can reach the temple by hiring any private vehicle from the airport.
On the railway:
- The nearest railway station is Guntakallu and it takes 39 km to reach. However, Bellary Jn Rail Way Station is major railway station 43 KM near to Surya Narayana Temple Budagavi.
- The temple is 3 kilometres from the town on Bellary Road. So, better to reach the Bellary road and then to the temple.
Officially there is no accommodation in this Surya Narayana Temple Budagavi. Therefore, we can stay in nearby hotels.
- Kavitha Hotel.
- R and B Guesthouse.