Sampath Vinayaka Temple is the famous Deity of Visakhapatnam locals. The temple has located in Asilmetta of Visakhapatnam City—the Lord Vinayaka, made of black marble. Timings: 5:30 am – 10:30 am, 5:30 am – 8 pm.
Sri Sampath Vinayagar Temple is very famous. In this area, people still follow the custom of performing the ritual of any newly purchased vehicle. This temple has situated in one of the busiest areas in the city. People believe this is a lucky temple of the city.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Importance of Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- 1.2 Sampath Vinayaka Temple Timings
- 1.2.1 Festivals:
- 1.2.2 Vinayaka Chavithi Navaratri celebrations
- 1.2.3 Travel Tips for Sri Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- 1.2.4 Places to Visit near Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- 1.2.5 Hotels near Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- 1.2.6 Sampath Vinayaka Temple Address:
- 1.2.7 How to Reach Asilmetta Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- 1.2.8 FAQs
This Vinayagar temple was built in 1962 by T.S. Selvaganesan and T.S. Rajeshwaran. Later it came under the Endowments Department of Andhra Pradesh. Local people still believe that during the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971, this temple saved the city from the attack of PNS Ghazi and sank that submarine on the coast of Visakhapatnam.
Importance of Sampath Vinayaka Temple
Many students come to this Vinayaka temple to score well during the final exams. Unlike other temples, this temple doesn’t boast great architecture but has still visited by more than 2 million devotees yearly. Lord Ganesha generally fulfils the wishes of all who worship the Deity with full faith and desire.
Why is the Sampath Vinayaka Temple so famous?
Being one of the oldest Vizag temples, it holds significance for many students who place their hall tickets before appearing for their examinations. The most special feature of this Vinayagar temple is that many new-vehicle buyers get their vehicle puja here. Mostly on Sunday or Monday, the temple is always lined with new vehicles outside for this purpose. Also, many couples’ first wedding invitation card is kept at the Deity for them to be blessed.
Apart from the “English” New Year, special poojas perform in this temple on the Telugu New Year “Ugadi”.
|Palabhishekam||20 minutes||₹Rs 172|
|Archana||20 minutes||₹Rs 119|
|Special Abhishekam||30 minutes||₹Rs 495|
|Abhishekam||30 minutes||₹Rs 172|
|Vahana pooja||30 minutes||₹Rs 172|
No entry fee to visit the Vinayaka temple in Vizag.
Sampath Vinayaka Temple Timings
- Morning Time: 5:30 am – 10:30 am
- Evening Time: 5:30 am – 8 pm
|Days||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Monday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
|Tuesday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
|Wednesday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
|Thursday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
|Friday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
|Saturday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
|Sunday||5:30 am – 10:30 am||5:30 am – 8 pm|
- The temple hosts a grand celebration of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival annually, another reason people flock to this place.
- Other festivals, such as Ugadi and Dussehra, are celebrated warmly at the Vinayaka temple.
Bhadrapada Shuddha Chavithi “Vinayaka Chavithi” is performed with great pomp. Swami had decorated in various forms for nine days.
During these Navaratri celebrations, the Lord has as follows.
- Bala Ganapati
- Adi Ganapati
- Vidya Ganapati
- Raja Ganapati
- Shakti Ganapati
- Shiva puja Ganapati
- Skanda Ganapati
- Agastyapuja Ganapati
- Siddhi Buddhi Ganapati
Special spiritual programs, prophecies, cultural programs, and food offerings specially organize in these festivals. Although, at present, it is under the jurisdiction of the Devadaya department, all the pujas and festivals in the temple perform under the auspices of the trust established by the Sambadhan family who founded it. That is why worship does in this temple in a combination of Telugu and Tamil traditions.
Travel Tips for Sri Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- Do not wear short skirts or tank tops whenever you visit this temple. Wearing clothing that can easily cover your stomach, shoulders, and knees is advised.
- Do not stress over food. You can satiate with various foods at the two fine-dining establishments “Satyam Restaurant” and “Dharani Veg Restaurant.”
Places to Visit near Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- INS Kurusura Submarine Museum Vizag
- Kailasagiri Vizag
- Sree Sampath Vinayagar Temple Vizag
- Matsya Darshini
- Ross Hill Church
- Yarada Beach
- Dolphin’s Nose Light House Vizag
- VUDA Park Vizag
- Visakha Museum Vizag
Hotels near Sampath Vinayaka Temple
- Dwaraka Inn
- Hotel Five Elements
- Daspalla Executive Court
- Saif Paradise
- Ritz Comfort
- Hotel Destiny
- Hotel Geetha Inn vizag
- E Lodge
Sampath Vinayaka Temple Address:
Sampath Vinayaka Temple Rd, CBM Compound, Asilmetta, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003
Phone Nmber: 0891-2760740, 2577106.
How to Reach Asilmetta Sampath Vinayaka Temple
The Visakhapatnam Bus Stand is very nearer to the temple.
Vizag Railway Station is near the temple.
Vizag Airport is near the temple.
These are the timings: 5:30 am – 10:30 am, 5:30 pm – 8 pm.