The Ragigudda Temple, commonly called Ragigudda Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple or Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple, is dedicated to Lord Hanuman, spread across 5 acres also having a hillock in Jayanagara 9th Block suburb of Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. Ragigudda Temple Timings are Monday to Friday: 8.00 am to 11.30 am and Evening 5.00 pm to 8.00 pm. Saturday and Sunday: Morning 8.00 am to12.30 pm and Evening 5.00 pm to 8.30 pm
The temple also houses a Shivalinga with Lord Rama, Goddess Sita, Lord Lakshmana, and the main deity of Lord Hanuman in the same precinct. The temple is on a hillock. A smaller temple dedicates to Lord Ganesha, Navagrahas and the Goddess Rajarajeshwari at the base of the hillock. It also hosts a Thrimurthy Sannidhi to the Hindu holy trinity of Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva on huge engraved rocks at the side of the temple.
History of Ragigudda Temple
- 1 History of Ragigudda Temple
- 1.0.1 Ragigudda Temple Timings
- 1.0.2 Sevas at Ragigudda Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple
- 1.0.3 Festivals at Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple
- 1.0.4 Special Events & Affiliations of Ragigudda Temple
- 1.0.5 Ragigudda Temple Facilities
- 1.0.6 Charitable Trust at Ragigudda Temple
- 1.0.7 Tips For Visiting Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple
- 1.0.8 Attractions near Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple
- 1.0.9 Hotels near Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple
- 1.0.10 Ragigudda Temple Address
- 1.0.11 How to reach Ragigudda Temple
- 1.0.12 FAQs
The Temple was Formed in 1969 and registered in 1972; the temple has an interesting legendary story of its formulation. The legend says the temple’s chief deity forms a heap of grains of Ragi millet.
Hence, it became known as Ragigudda- ‘Ragi’ means millet and ‘Gudda’ means a hillock. At around the same time, the holy trinity of the Hindu religion – Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma decided to stay near the same hilltop, so they transformed themselves into rocks near the Ragigudda temple site. The stones now bear print on them and are open for public view.
Ragigudda Temple Timings
These are the timings of Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple.
Monday to Friday Timings:
- Morning: 8.00 am to 11.30 am
- Evening: 5.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Saturday and Sunday Timings:
- Morning: 8.00 am to12.30 pm
- Evening: 5.00 pm to 8.30 pm
It is only on Saturday only.
- 11:00 am to 11:30 am
- 8:00 pm to 8:30 pm
|Days||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Monday||8.00 am to 11.30 am||5.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|Tuesday||8.00 am to 11.30 am||5.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|Wednesday||8.00 am to 11.30 am||5.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|Thursday||8.00 am to 11.30 am||5.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|Friday||8.00 am to 11.30 am||5.00 pm to 8.00 pm|
|Saturday||8.00 am to12.30 pm||5.00 pm to 8.30 pm|
|Sunday||8.00 am to12.30 pm||5.00 pm to 8.30 pm|
Sevas at Ragigudda Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple
Anjaneyaswamy Sannidhi sevas:
|Seva Name||Seva Amount|
|Shashwatha Panchamrutha Abhisheka On All days||Rs 500|
|Abhisheka Seva with Prasadam On All days||Rs 100|
|Sarva Seva (Includes Vadamala) On All days||Rs 800|
|Dina seva On All days||Rs 500|
|Vadamala Seva On All days||Rs 300|
|Panchamrutha Abhishekam/ Punarvasu Nakshatra Pooja/ Pradosha Pooja On All days||Rs 50|
|Shashwatha Abhisheka Seva with Prasadam (Mahaprasada Seva) On All days||Rs 1500|
Mahaganapathi Sannidhi sevas:
|Seva Name||Seva Amount|
|All Samoohika HomasOn All days||Rs 50|
|Sri Sankashtahara Ganapathi VrathaOn All days||Rs 50|
|Shashwatha Sri Sankashtahara Ganapathi VrathaOn All days||Rs 3000|
|Sri Sathyanarayana Swamy PoojaOn All days||Rs 20|
|Shashwatha Sri Sathyanarayana Swamy PoojaOn All days||Rs 2000|
|Ashwathakatte Subramanya Panchamrutha AbhishekaOn All days||Rs 50|
|Moola Ganapathi Sannidhi Panchamrutha AbhishekaOn All days||Rs 50|
|Navagraha Panchamrutha Abhisheka (Saturday only)On All days||Rs 50|
|Navagraha Shashwatha Panchamrutha Abhisheka (Saturday only)On All days||Rs 500|
|Nitya Prasada Akki Seva (Rice for Next Day’s Prasadam or Annasantarpane Seva)On All days||Rs 10|
|Kalpoktha Pooja ( in Navarathri)On All days||Rs 50|
|Rajarajeshwari Panchamrutha AbhishekaOn All days||Rs 50|
|Shashwatha Panchamrutha AbhishekaOn All days||Rs 500|
Festivals at Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple
- Hanuman Jayanti
- Ram Navami
Hanuman Jayanti- the birthday of Lord Hanuman, is the biggest festival celebrated in the temple. The 12- day long festivities carried on with great pomp, which includes decorates the Ragigudda temple lavishly and organizing local fairs. Prepare a grand feast for everyone. Mahaprasada has served all devotees on all 12 days.
Special Events & Affiliations of Ragigudda Temple
Music & Yoga Class
There is a premier centre for Ayurvedic treatment, pharmacy and therapy.
Come and join in the celebration of Hanuman Jayanthi at the temple.
It is one stop point for all your spiritual needs in the city.
Ragigudda Temple Facilities
- Parna kuteera
- Thrimurthy Sannidhi
- Prasada Division
- Open Auditorium
Charitable Trust at Ragigudda Temple
The Ragigudda Trust runs a school with classes up to SSLC with nearly 1300 English and Kannada medium students. All students have the mid-day meal. Apart from this, there is free coaching for PUC and Engineering students.
Sanjeevini Arogya Tapasana Kendra:
A medical centre has a pathological lab, free medical consultation, ECG, ultrasound scanning and eye testing facilities.
Needy people can use this facility at a nominal charge. It is temple maintenance.
Tips For Visiting Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple
- The Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple has a lift facility from the base to the top. Older people and physically challenged can use the lift at a minimal cost.
- Fresh and clean drinking water, a footwear stand, and a dining area are there at the temple.
- On special occasions, free food has served to all visitors.
Attractions near Sree Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple
- Mantri Square
- DakshinaMukhy Nandeeshwara Temple
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden
- Bull Temple
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace
- Cubbon Park
- Vidhana Soudha
- Sri Gavi Gangaadhareshwara Swamy Devasthana
- Bengaluru Fort
- Indian Music Experience Museum
- Madiwala Lake
- Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technical Museum
- Bengaluru Palace
- NIMHANS Brain Museum
- Ulsoor Lake
Hotels near Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple
- Hotel Pai Comforts, JP Nagar
- Varcity Emerald
- Le Foliage By TGI
- FabExpress Rithun Residency
- FabHotel Emerald Inn
- FabHotel GRK Comforts
- The Little Blue Window Hostel
Ragigudda Temple Address
KSRTC Layout, Jayanagara 9th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560069
- Phone Number: 080 2658 0500, 2659 4255
- Email: email@example.com
- Ragigudda Temple: Website
How to reach Ragigudda Temple
Jayanagar is near the bus stand to the temple.
- Market: 17,181,24, 24e 9th Block,
- Majestic: 18 9th Block, 25, 25a; all the buses terminate in 9th block east.
Kempegowda International Airport is near to temple.
The Jayanagara metro station is near Ragigudda Anjaneya Temple.
These are near the temple.
- Ksr Bengaluru City Junction Railway Station
- Nayandahalli Railway Station
In the year 1972.
The Jayanagara station is near Ragigudda Temple.
For men, the dress code is Shirt & Trousers, Dhoti or Pyjamas with upper cloth. Women’s dress code is saree or half-saree with a blouse or chudidhar with pyjama and upper material.