The Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple is a popular temple dedicated to God Vishnu, located in Thiruvidanthai, near Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple’s morning darshan timings are 06:05 am to 12:00 p.m., and the evening darshan timings are 03:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
The temple is also known as the “Thiruvidanthai Temple” or the “Thiruvidandhai Divya Desam.” It is one of 108 Divya Desams, a collection of holy shrines revered by Vaishnavite devotees.
About the Nithya Kalyana Perumal Darshan:
- 1 Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Darshan Timings:
- 1.0.1 Nithya Kalyana Perumal Daily Sevas Timings:
- 1.0.2 Interesting facts about Nithya Kalyana Perumal:
- 1.0.3 Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Procedure for Marriage Blessings:
- 1.0.4 Tourist places near Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple:
- 1.0.5 Hotels nearby Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple:
- 1.0.6 Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Address & Contact Numbers:
- 1.0.7 How to reach Thiruvidanthai:
- 1.0.8 Must Watch Videos About the Temple:
- 1.0.9 FAQs:
- 1.0.10 Related Posts:
The temple is in the Thiruvidandai village of Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu State. The temple’s main deity is Lord Vishnu in Nithya Kalyana Perumal. It is one of the temples of 108 Divyadesam, which means the prime place of the Lord.
Here, the Lord is present along with her consort, Goddess Lakshmi, in the form of Komalavalli Thayar on his left lap. However, the place name Thiru-Ida-Endhai means Lakshmi-Left-God, representing Goddess Lakshmi on the god’s left side.
History of Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple History:
Once, a sage Kalava lived with 360 daughters, the legend behind the temple. He wanted Lord Vishnu to marry his daughters because of the boon he granted. Then Lord Vishnu agreed to marry his 360 daughters in 360 days, i.e. nearly a year.
Thus, Nithya Kalyana Perumal came from this, where the word Nithya – Kalyana – Perumal means Daily-marriage-Lord.
Meanwhile, he converted all the 360 consorts into one form of Lakshmi and allowed them to rest on his left lap.
In Threta Yuga, Bali named Ashura was approached by 3 three asuras to help them from devas. So, Bali then killed Devas and had a dosha of killing Devas. To remedy the dosha, he did penance by reaching this place.
Lord Vishnu was pleased with Bali’s penance and emerged from the temple pond as Varaha(a boar). The Lord here was called Lord Varaha, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu, and the pond in which the Lord emerged is called Varaha Theertham.
Regarding history, the Pallava Dynasty built the temple as Kanchipuram was the capital of the Pallava Dynasty during the 7th century.
Later, according to the temple’s inscriptions, many dynasties have their monuments in this temple. We can also see a palanquin made of ivory at the temple premises.
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Darshan Timings:
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple’s morning darshan timings are 06:05 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and the evening darshan timings are 03:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m.
|Days||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Monday||06:05 am to 12:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
|Tuesday||03:00 pm to 08:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
|Wednesday||03:00 pm to 08:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
|Thursday||03:00 pm to 08:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
|Friday||03:00 pm to 08:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
|Saturday||03:00 pm to 08:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
|Sunday||03:00 pm to 08:00 pm||06:05 am to 12:00 pm|
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Daily Sevas Timings:
The temple performs rituals four times a day. The timings and names of each puja are as follows.
|Kaalai Shanthi Puja||07:15 am to 08:15 am|
|Uchi Kaala Puja||07:15 am to 08:15 am|
|Saayarathchai Puja||11:30 am to 12:00 pm|
|Arthajaama Puja||05:30 pm to 06:00 pm|
Annual festivals like Thaipusam, Brahmostavam, Vaikunta Ekadasi, and Panghuni Uththiram will welcome vast numbers of devotees every year.
Interesting facts about Nithya Kalyana Perumal:
- In this temple, people who want to get married or have any problem regarding their marriage will perform a special pooja to the Lord to have wedlock soon.
- Rahu Ketu pooja will also perform to eliminate any dosha caused by Rahu, Ketu.
- The temple faces the Bay of Bengal in the east and has a Dravidian style of architecture.
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Procedure for Marriage Blessings:
- We must take the Archana set and a pair of Garlands readily available at the temple premises for this special pooja.
- After entering the temple with these things, perform Archana by providing name, gothram, and nakshatram.
- Get the garlands after the completion of the pooja from the priest and wear them around your neck.
- Now, perform nine pradakshinas around the temple and remove the garland.
- After reaching home, keep those garlands at Pooja mandir. Whenever you get married, you should visit the temple and old malas.
- Repeat the procedure by purchasing the two garlands and Archana set by performing a pooja. On your return, keep the old garlands at the Sthala Vriksham tree.
Tourist places near Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple:
- Ekambaranathar Temple
- Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple
- Varadharaja Perumal Temple
- Sri Vaikunta Perumal temple
- Kumaran Kundram Temple
- Kailasanathar Temple
- Sri Ulagalanda Perumal Temple
- Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary
- Koothanur Saraswathi Temple
- Sri PanduRanga swamy Temple
- Alamparai Fort
- kachapeshwarar Temple
Hotels nearby Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple:
- Novotel Chennai Sipcot
- Ibis Chennai Sipcot Hotel
- Regenta Central Rs
- Kaldan Samudhra Palace
- Hotel Golden Sun
- The Elite Grand Hotel
- Casuarina Bay
- Duet India Hotel
- Tgi Inn Iberis
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Address & Contact Numbers:
- Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple, Thiruvidanthai village, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu state, 603112
- Contact Numbers: 044-27472235, 98405-99310, 98409-36927
How to reach Thiruvidanthai:
Chennai airport is the nearest airport if you plan to go by air. The temple is 36 km away and can be reached by private or public vehicle.
The village itself has a bus station. Mamallapuram buses have a stop at this station.
If you want to travel by rail, Karaikal Railway Station is the nearest railway station to the temple, about 1.5 km.
Must Watch Videos About the Temple:
Here is a video of the temple’s brief history of Lord Vishnu.
The below video will let you explore the temple’s architecture in detail.
The Lord here is well known for granting the marriage boon; hence, this temple can be virtually dedicated to people looking for early marriage or a suitable life partner.
At a distance of 1.5 km from Karaikal Railway Station, Sri Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple is situated on the Bharathiar Road and close to the Karaikal Ammaiyar Temple.
Yes, devotees can participate in the Nithya Kalyana Utsavam by making special arrangements with the temple authorities. It allows them to witness and participate in the sacred wedding ceremony.
The distance between the temple and Chennai is 39.8 km, and it takes 1 hour and 13 min to reach the temple.
The contact number for this temple is 044-27472235, 98405-99310 and 98409-36927.
The temple celebrates yearly festivals, including Vaikunta Ekadashi, Krishna Jayanti (Janmashtami), and Navaratri. These festivals attract a large number of devotees.
The Perumal temple is open to all devotees, irrespective of their caste or creed. There are no specific restrictions for entry.