Nerul Balaji Temple has situated on a small hill in Navi Mumbai. The primary deity worshipped in this temple is Shri Balaji. The main temple has surrounded by smaller shrines of Ganesha, Mata Padmavati, Hanumanji and Shri Narasimha Vishnu. This temple was built on the lines of Venkateswara temple in Tirupati and has constructed according to Shilpashastra. Balaji Temple Timings are Monday to Thursday, 6:30 am – 11:30 am and 4:30 pm – 9 pm. And Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 6:30 am – 12 pm
It is a famous temple dedicated to Lord Venkateswara. The temple is known for its beautiful architectural work, which shows our historical art. The temple is always bustling with devotees, especially during the weekends.
History of Nerul Balaji Temple
- 1 History of Nerul Balaji Temple
- 1.0.1 Balaji Temple Architecture
- 1.0.2 Nerul Balaji Temple Interesting facts
- 1.0.3 Timings of Nerul Balaji Temple
- 1.0.4 Festivals at Balaji Temple
- 1.0.5 Famous places nearby Nerul Balaji Temple
- 1.0.6 Hotels near Nerul Balaji Temple
- 1.0.7 Nerul Balaji Temple Address
- 1.0.8 How to reach Nerul Balaji Temple
- 1.0.9 FAQs
The Balaji Temple, situated in Nerul, Navi Mumbai, was built on the lines of Venkateshwara Temple at Tirupati and has been constructed according to the Shilpashastras. The main deity is Lord Balaji; besides Lord Balaji, there are deities like Ganapathy, Anjaneyar in sitting (yoga) position, Narasimhar and Padbavathy Thayar. There is sanity for Ramanujar also, and it has known that Ganapathy Sannathy in a Balaji temple is unusual as per practice in the South; the reason may be due to the stature of Ganapati in Maharashtra.
Balaji Temple Architecture
The temple’s architecture is fantastic and built in the South Indian style. A 60 feet high Rajagopuram surrounds the temple. It is surrounded by a well-maintained garden area—cement and granite form this mandapam, which features a comparatively modern architectural style and elements.
Nerul Balaji Temple Interesting facts
- On entering the temple, one can see two pillar-like structures: Dhwaja Stambha and Bali Peetham.
- All the deities are well-maintained and well-decorated.
- The temple was built and maintained by Tamils. Hence all the customs followed in the temple are as per the South Indian style.
- The same Iyengar culture can see at the temple.
- The carved pillars and the stone carvings depict the old mythological pictures of Garuda and other gods n deities.
- Photography or videography is not allowed within the temple area.
Timings of Nerul Balaji Temple
Balaji Temple timings are Monday to Thursday, 6:30 am – 11:30 am and 4:30 pm – 9 pm. And Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 6:30 am – 12 pm.
|Monday||6:30 am – 11:30 am and 4:30 pm – 9 pm|
|Tuesday||6:30 am – 11:30 am and 4:30 pm – 9 pm|
|Wednesday||6:30 am –11:30 am and 4:30 pm – 9 pm|
|Thursday||6:30 am – 11:30 am and 4:30 pm – 9 pm|
|Friday||6:30 am – 12 pm|
|Saturday||6:30 am – 12 pm|
|Sunday||6:30 am – 12 pm|
Festivals at Balaji Temple
These are the famous festivals at Nerul Temple.
- Purattasi Brahmotsavam
- Panguni Uthiram
- Masi Makam
- Vaikasi Visakam
- Thiru Karthikai
- Vaikunda Ekadashi
- Sravana Deepam
- Hanuman Jayanti
Famous places nearby Nerul Balaji Temple
- Belapur Fort
- Bawkhaleshwar Temple
- Pandavkada Waterfalls
- ISKCON Kharghar
- Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Central Park
- Wonders Park
- Sagar Vihar Garden
- Kharghar Golf Course
- Rock Garden
- DY Patil Stadium
- Kharghar hills
- SIES Hanuman temple
- Jewel of Navi Mumbai (a recreational park)
- Gateway of India
- Marine Drive
- The different beaches, such as Juhu and Chowpatty, etcetera
Hotels near Nerul Balaji Temple
- Hotel Aishwarya Residency
- Hotel Palm Beach Pride
- Hotel Dream Residency
- Hotel Pratiksha Residency
- Hotel Raj Inn
- Surya Guest House
- The Park Navi Mumbai
- Vivanta Navi Mumbai, Turbhe
- Four Points by Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi
- Hotel Yogi Executive
Nerul Balaji Temple Address
- Brahmagiri Rd, Sector 22, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706
- Phone Number: 022 2771 8344
How to reach Nerul Balaji Temple
The distance between the temple and Nerul West station is 2 km away.
Nerul Bus Station is near Nerul Balaji Mandir, 4.9 km away.
The distance between Balaji temple and Navi Mumbai International Airport is 9.4 km.
It has found at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.
The Entry fee and timings information of the Nerul Balaji Temple: No Entry Fee. Opens from 6 am to 9:00 on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays; 6:00 am to 11:00 am; and 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm on Mondays to Thursdays.