To spend your holiday around animals and green nature, visit Assam State Zoo, located within the Hengrabari Reserve forest. This Zoo has a botanical garden and museum, one of the major attractions. This article also provides information about the timings, ticket prices, accommodations and other details. Assam State Zoo Timings are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. On Friday it is closed.
Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Graden:
- 1 Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Graden:
- 1.0.1 Timings of Assam State Zoo:
- 1.0.2 Online ticket booking:
- 1.0.3 Things to do at Assam State Zoo:
- 1.0.4 Tips to follow:
- 1.0.5 Best time to visit:
- 1.0.6 Other places near Assam State Zoo:
- 1.0.7 Accommodation near Assam State Zoo:
- 1.0.8 Assam Zoo Address and phone number:
- 1.0.9 How to reach Assam State Zoo
- 1.0.10 Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
Surrounded by beautiful green trees everywhere, animals, birds and flowers, Assam State Zoo is located in Guwahati, Assam. The Zoo is spread over 432 acres of land with different species of animals. The speciality here is that animals roam freely rather than in a cage. This Botanical garden occupies significant ground in the Northeast Indian region. This Zoo is home to more than 895 animal species, birds, and reptiles. Not only the animal species but also attracts visitors to the beauty of the flowers and trees.
The tour of this Zoo takes at least 5 hours, and this will be your best time around animals. Over the years, this place became home to animals like Chimpanzees, White Rhinos, & Black Rhinos, Ostriches, Giraffes, jaguars, Ilama, Puma, Zebras, Kangaroos, etc. Most visitors come here to see the One-horned Indian Rhinos that are rarely seen. In 1984 a Botanical garden was added to the Zoo, which is why it is also called a Botanical garden and has a museum.
Timings of Assam State Zoo:
These are the opening timings of Assam State Zoo. On Friday it is closed.
|Monday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Sunday||8:00 am – 4:30 pm|
Online ticket booking:
There is a ticket price to enter the Assam State Zoo. That is, Rs.30/- per person. You can book the ticket online by following the below steps.
- Visit the official website of the Zoo.
- On the homepage, click the ‘Book ticket’ option, and you will be redirected to the new page.
- On the new page, select the visit date from the slots.
- Then enter your name, mobile number, and email id.
- Indians use the Indian column and fill in the details, and foreigners fill in the foreigners form.
- Next, fill out the camera form, whether you want to take a camera or not.
- Give all the details of no.of people, the total number of cameras, and the total amount and people details.
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit option.
Things to do at Assam State Zoo:
After visiting the Assam State Zoo, there are songs you can try. They are,
Watch the Wildlife:
This unique Botanical garden has various kinds of animals in it. Watch animals that are freely roaming around the Zoo. Some animals are Chimpanzees, rhinos, cheetahs, Tigers, Giraffes etc.
More than 115 bird pieces are seen in this park, along with different animals. You can find many unique and rare birds in the park.
Artificial Rock climbing is one of the adventurous activities in this Botanical garden. This is a safe activity for beginners. Ticket price: Rs.799/- per person.
Tips to follow:
- It is safe to carry extra clothes, shoes and sunblock with you.
- Please do not go near the animals. They might harm you.
- Always stay around your family.
Best time to visit:
The Assam State Zoo is available throughout the year. But if you are looking for the best time to visit, then between November – April. The weather during these months is clear and perfect for a zoo visit. Avoid rainy seasons because it will be difficult to walk in the garden.
Other places near Assam State Zoo:
You can visit some places if you see the Assam Zoo. They are,
- Hill Rovers
- Guwahati War Cemetery
- Nexplore travel
- Amaze Northeast
- kamakhya Temple
Accommodation near Assam State Zoo:
You can stay in a comfortable, affordable hotel near the Assam Zoo because many hotels are available. Some of them are,
- The Guwahati Address by Centre Point.
- The Greenwood resort, Guwahati.
- Hotel gateway grandeur.
- Awesome palace hotel.
- Treebo Tryst Hotel Apollo grand.
- Kiranshree grand.
- Treeee Tryst Hotel the Kalyaniz.
Assam Zoo Address and phone number:
- RG Baruah Road, Ambika Nagar, Guwahati.
- Phone number: 08721857919
- Assam State Zoo: Website
How to reach Assam State Zoo
You can get to the Assam Zoo using airways, railways and roadways.
Many flights are available at Guwahati airport, 26.7 km from the Zoo. It is the nearest airport to the Zoo.
Guwahati Railway station is 5.3 km from the Zoo and the nearest railway station to reach here. You can get to the Zoo by taking a rickshaw or a taxi.
Many buses are connected to the Zoo. You can reach the Jonali Bus stop, only 2 minutes from the Zoo.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
The ticket price is Rs.30 per person.
The Zoo is open between 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
The Zoo is available six days a week as it is closed on Friday.
The full name of this state zoo is Assam State Zoo cum Botanical garden.