TTD maintains the magnificent Thirumala Ghat road closing times, rules and prohibited items. The TTD also charges the vehicles depending upon the type of it.
The length of the ghat road is 18kms, and is fully under CCTV surveillance. So for the safety of the pilgrims, the Tirumala ghat road is operating with certain timings.
TTD Online Seva Ticket Booking Step-by-Step Process
Thirumala Ghat Road Closing Times
There is a check post at the entry of Thirumala Ghat Road. The road will be closed every day.
Four-wheel drive from 12:00 AM to 3:00 AM
Two Wheeler from 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM.
Each vehicle must register its entry time at the Ghat Road entry point. Travel time should be an hour or more. Otherwise, vehicles will not be allowed into Tirumala.
The Thirumala High Road is also known as the Ghat Road. After reaching Tirupati, pilgrims have to come only on this route to Tirumala. This forest area had endangered wildlife. For this reason, TTD only allows certain vehicles at certain times.
What are all prohibited items to carry
- Travellers should not bring any non-veg food items and masala to Tirumala
- Bringing alcohol and alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited.
- People who drink alcohol are also not allowed to Thirumala Ghat road.
- Carrying any flammable products and fire materials to Tirumala is not allowed.
- Tobacco products such as beedi, cigarettes, gutka, and pan masalas prohibit uphills.
- Pilgrims with weapons are not allowed to Tirumala temple.
Vehicles and Fares
|Vehicles Type||Seating Capacity||Two-way Fair|
|Car (Owned)||four||Rs 15|
|Car (Rental, Taxi)||four||Rs 25|
|Jeep (Rent)||nine||Rs 50|
|2 Wheelers||Two||Rs 2|
|Van (12 + 1)||13||Rs.60|
|Government. Vehicles||Four||not charged|
Rules to Follow
While driving on the Thirumala ghat road, the TTD laid some rules for four-wheelers and two-wheelers. Below are some of them:
- Pilgrims must not stop their vehicles by the roadside apart from the parking places.
- You must avoid overtaking during the curves and bends.
- The specified seating capacity is the strict rule that vehicles must follow during travel.
- The two-wheeler riders must wear helmets.
- The travel time from one point to another must be at least 40 minutes.
- Every vehicle must register the entry time at the ghat road.