Sabarimala temple is a famous temple dedicated to God Ayyappa. The temple is on the top of a mountain named Sabarimala at an elevation of 3000 ft in the Pathanamthitta district of Kerala. The Sabarimala temple opening date is December 30th, 2022.
Temple is known for its uniqueness in many aspects. The Sabarimala temple’s identity is open to all, irrespective of creed, caste, and religion.
Another temple Vavarunda near Sabarimala temple dedicated to Vavar, a Muslim friend of God Ayyappa. At the same time, it is considered the epitome of religious harmony.
The temple of Sabarimala will be opened only during some auspicious days like Mandalapooja, Makaravilakku, and Chitra Vishnu and will be crowded with worshippers.
Devotees must fast for 41 days to cleanse their souls and bodies and visit the Sabarimala temple. Because of this, the devotees will strictly follow the fasting for 41 days and visit the temple.
The fast followed throughout the Mandala Kalam. Hence, the devotees’ visit to the Sabarimala temple during Mandala Kalam is enormous.
The fast includes many conditions to be followed. Here, fasting is about refraining from food and refraining from many other activities.
- First, one should take a bath twice daily with cold water, i.e., early morning and evening before pooja.
- One must only have vegetarian food.
- Chastity must follow very strictly.
- One must meditate daily to purify their thoughts.
- One must also refrain from entertainment, including watching movies, etc. One should not indulge in any activity that invokes sensual pleasure.
- In addition to these is suggested to walk barefoot during fasting.
- Above all, one e dressed in a black dress from the beginning of the fast to the visit.
Sabarimala temple Opening Date:
- Openings dates and timings are listed below.
- Temple Darshan’s timing is 3:00 am- 1:00 pm.
- The temple probably reopens at 3:00 pm during the pilgrim season and closes by 11:00 pm.
Neyyabhishekam Timings for Ayyappa:
To know the Neyyabhishekam timings of Sabarimala Ayyappa, log in to the temple’s official website.
- It starts at 3:30 am and ends by 7:00 am.
- It began at 8:30 am and was completed by 11:00 am
Sabarimala Temple opening date:
|Pooja and Festival Details||Temple Opening Date|| |
Temple Closing Date
|Sabarimala Monthly Pooja(Kumbham)||February 12th||17Feb|
|Sabarimala Monthly Pooja(Meenam)||March 14th|| |
Utsavam Aarattu- Panguni Uthram. (Ayyappan Nakshatra Birth Date) & Arattu Temple Closes.
|Vishnu Mahotsavam – Meda||April 10th||April 18th|
|Vishnu Mahotsavam – Meda||April 15th||
|Monthly Pooja – Edavam||May 10th|| |
|Idol Installation Day(Pratistha Dinam)||May 24th||May 25th|
|Monthly Pooja – karkkidakam||July 16th||July 21st|
|August 2022||Monthly Pooja – Chingam||August 16th|| |
|Onam Pooja||August 23rd|| |
|Onam day||August 25th||
|September 2022||Monthly Pooja – Kanni||September 16th|| |
|Monthly Pooja – Thulam||October 17th||October 22nd|
|November 2022||Sree Chitra Atta Thirunal||November 5th|| |
Mandala Pooja Mahotsavam
|November 16th|| |
|Mandala Pooja||December 27th|| |
|Thirunada reopens for Makara Vilakku Mahotsavam||30 Dec|| |
20 Jan 2022
|January 2022||Sabarimala Makara Vilakku Day||14 Jan 2022|| |