Sabarimala Temple :
Sabarimala temple is a famous temple, and that dedicated to God Ayyappa. The temple is on the top of a mountain named Sabarimala at an elevation of 3000 ft in Pathanamthitta district of Kerala.
Sabarimala temple is known for its uniqueness in many aspects. The uniqueness of the Sabarimala temple is it is open to all irrespective of creed, caste and religion.in this post I am written about Sabarimala Temple opening date briefly.
There is another temple called Vavarunda near to Sabarimala temple that dedicated to Vavar, who was a Muslim friend of God Ayyappa. At the same time, it considered the epitome of religious harmony.
The temple of Sabarimala will be opened only in during some auspicious days like Mandalapooja, Makaravilakku and Chitra Vishnu. As a result, the temple during those days crowded with worshippers.
Devotees have to fast for 41 days to cleanse their soul and bodies to visit Sabarimala temple. Because of this, the devotees will very strictly follow the fast 41 days and visit the temple.
The fast followed throughout the Mandala Kalam, hence the visit of devotees to Sabarimala temple during Mandala Kalam is in huge number.
The fast includes many conditions to be followed. Here fasting is not only about refraining from food but also refraining from many other activities.
- First of all, one should take a bath twice a day with cold water, i.e., early morning and evening before pooja.
- One must only have vegetarian food.
- Chastity must follow very strictly.
- One must meditate daily to purify their thoughts.
- One must also refrain from all kinds of entertainment, including watching movies etc. One should not indulge in any type of activity that invokes sensual pleasure.
- In addition to these is suggested to walk barefoot during fasting.
- Above all, one e dressed in a black dress from the beginning of the fast to the visit.
Sabarimala temple Opening Date:
- Openings dates and timings are listed below.
- Temple Darshan timing are 3:00am- 1:00pm.
- During the pilgrim season, the temple probably reopens at 3:00 pm and closes by 11:00 pm.
- It started at 3:30 am, and ends by 7:00 am
- It began at 8:30 am, and ends by 11:00 am
Temple opening date:
|Pooja and Festival Details||Temple Opening Date|
Temple Closing Date
|Monthly Pooja(Kumbham)||12 Feb||17Feb|
|Monthly Pooja(Meenam)||14 Mar|
Utsavam Aarattu- Panguni Uthram. (Ayyappan Nakshatra Birth Date) & Arattu Temple Closes.
|Vishnu Mahotsavam – Meda||10 Apr||18 Apr|
|Vishnu Mahotsavam – Meda||15 Apr|
|Monthly Pooja – Edavam||10 May|
|Idol Installation Day(Pratistha Dinam)||24 May||25 May|
|Monthly Pooja – karkkidakam||16 Jul||21 Jul|
|August 2018||Monthly Pooja – Chingam||16 Aug|
|Onam Pooja||23 Aug|
|Onam day||25 Aug|
|September 2018||Monthly Pooja – Kanni||16 Sep|
|Monthly Pooja – Thulam||17 Oct||22 Oct|
|November 2018||Sree Chitra Atta Thirunal||5 Nov|
Mandala Pooja Mahotsavam
|Mandala Pooja||27 Dec|
|Thirunada reopens for Makara Vilakku Mahotsavam||30 Dec|
20 Jan 2019
|January 2019||Makara Vilakku Day||14 Jan 2019|