Hogenakkal Waterfalls are sparkling on the Kaveri River in the Dharmapuri district of Tamil Nadu. Due to the unique rock formation, the place got Hogenakkal waterfalls, which means ‘smoking stones.’ The Hogenakkal Falls morning timings are 08:00 am to 12:05 pm, and the evening timings are 02:00 pm to 06:00 pm.
About the Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1 About the Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.1 Hogenakkal Falls Timings:
- 1.0.2 Best time to visit Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.3 Trekking at Hogenakkal Waterfalls:
- 1.0.4 Significance of Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.5 Boating at Hogenakkal Waterfalls:
- 1.0.6 Hogenakkal Falls Boating Timings:
- 1.0.7 Hogenakkal Falls Boating Ticket Cost:
- 1.0.8 Things to do at Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.9 Tips For Visiting Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.10 Tourist places nearby Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.11 Kumaran Kundram Temple:
- 1.0.12 Hotels nearby Hogenakkal Falls:
- 1.0.13 Hogenakkal Falls Contact Details:
- 1.0.14 How to reach Hogenakkal Warerfalls:
- 1.0.15 FAQs:
- 1.0.16 Related Posts:
The Kaveri River splits into several streams and flows through many steps, making it a mesmerizing sight. The carbonate rocks formed by this waterfall are the oldest in South Asia globally.
The beauty of this cascade is one of a kind, often referred to as the “Niagara Falls of India.” Tourists can also obtain drinking water from the falls, and the exciting thing is that the water here had believed to have medicinal properties due to the many herbs that grow in its path.
Its main attraction is Hogenakkal Falls, famous for its natural beauty. Tourists can enjoy the Coracle Boat Ride from one end of the Kaveri River to the other or find a strange place to enjoy the enchanting beauty of Hogenakkal Falls.
Hogenakkal Falls Timings:
The Hogenakkal Falls morning timings are 08:00 am to 12:05 pm, and the evening timings are 02:00 pm to 06:00 pm.
|Days||Morning Timings||Evening Timings|
|Monday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|Tuesday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|Wednesday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|Thursday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|Friday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|Saturday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
|Sunday||08:00 am to 12:05 pm||02:00 pm to 06:00 pm|
Best time to visit Hogenakkal Falls:
The perfect time to visit Hogenakkal Falls is between October and February when the falls are in full glory. At this period of the year, the weather is also enjoyable.
Trekking at Hogenakkal Waterfalls:
Trekking is another fascinating activity you can pursue at Hogenakkal Falls. It has an unforgettable experience opposite the waterfall and is a beautiful sight. One cannot help but be mesmerized by the place’s lush greenery and virgin beauty.
This trek will take you through a maze of soft rocks and greenery, making the path fun and adventurous. The complexity of this trek is not high, so beginner and experienced trekkers can enjoy this action at Hogenakkal Falls.
Significance of Hogenakkal Falls:
The water at Hogenakkal Falls had considered medicinal properties that could ward off their ailments. It is due to the many herbs and medicinal plants near the falls.
People travel long distances to bathe in the waters of Hogenakkal Falls and enjoy its health benefits. You can also get oil massages from local massages around this place.
Today, Hogenakkal Falls is one of the more scenic spots and an excellent choice for a day trip from Bangalore. It has a perfect combination of peaceful surroundings and exciting activities, and it had often visited by all kinds of travellers looking to revive their minds and bodies.
Boating at Hogenakkal Waterfalls:
The beauty of the falls is mesmerizing, attracting many tourists due to its medicinal properties, trekking routes and boat trips during the summer.
Boating on the corals is possible during the summer months as the waters of the Kaveri River are relatively calm. Coracles are basket-shaped boats made of bamboo, with animal skins or plastic sheets beneath them.
They are 2.5 meters long, can seat up to 8 people and are hand-operated using a single wooden paddle. The Kaveri River is rich in fish sold in improved stalls along the banks.
Hogenakkal Falls Boating Timings:
The boating at Falls usually starts early morning and continues until late afternoon. Boating starts around 08:30 am and goes on until 05:30 pm.
Hogenakkal Falls Boating Ticket Cost:
The cost of boating at Falls may vary depending on the type of boat, duration of the ride, and any additional services provided.
|Types of Rides||Ticket Cost|
|Coracle Ride||Rs. 250 to Rs. 400|
|Motorized Boat Ride||Rs. 1000|
Things to do at Hogenakkal Falls:
- Hogenakkal Falls, just 127 km from Bangalore, is a popular destination for those who want to escape the chaos and heat of the city.
- The natural surroundings of the waterfalls and the diverse activities make it an excellent choice for a memorable day trip.
- When the river is peaceful and safe during the summer, boating is one of the most popular activities on the coracles (basket-shaped boats).
- Hiking through the greenery and rock maze to the falls is also an option. The hike is suitable and easy for beginners.
- Nature lovers can take a leisurely walk around the falls and immerse themselves in the scenery.
- In addition to trying different activities, you can shop here for herbal products, essential oils, handicrafts and t-shirts at Eco Shop.
- Hogenakkal is also famous for its fresh fish dishes and oil massages.
Tips For Visiting Hogenakkal Falls:
Here are some tips
- Be careful if you want to trek around the falls.
- Do not litter the premises.
- Carry a water bottle and protective gear against the sun.
Tourist places nearby Hogenakkal Falls:
The Mettur Dam is about 1700 meters long and is one of India’s largest dams. The dam had set against a backdrop of picturesque hills and stunning natural beauty, suitable for just a picnic. The Mettur Dam, built on the Kaveri River, is also important.
The combination of the Eastern and Western Ghats symbolizes the beautiful creation of the Melagiri Hills.
A short distance from Hogenakkal Falls, the Melagiri Hills is a land of outstanding beauty with the impression of a forbidden forest with dense forests and foggy skies!
The Tirthamalai Temple dedicates to Tirthagirishwar, one of the incarnations of Lord Shiva. It is one of the most important shrines near Hogenakkal Falls.
The Kumaran Kundram Temple showcases the Dravidian style of architecture, typical of many South Indian temples. It has a majestic entrance tower adorned with intricate carvings and sculptures.
Parameswari Temple is one of the important and revered temples near the Hogenakkal Falls. It dedicates to the Goddess Putlur Poongavanathaman, popularly known as Goddess Parameswari, the protector of pregnant women.
Krishnagiri Dam, Another important dam near Hogenakkal Falls, is the primary source of water supply to the Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri districts.
Hotels nearby Hogenakkal Falls:
- Hotel PKP Grand
- Moonwalk Resorts
- Hotel Tamilnadu
- Sigamani Lodge
- Redstone Retreat
- Kanish Home Stay
- The Savay Farmstay
- CM Hotel Annex
- Hotel Fortune Sky
Hogenakkal Falls Contact Details:
- Address: Hogenakkal Fall – Pennagaram Rd, Kuthappady, taluk – Sub division, Pennagaram, Tamilnadu 636810.
- Contact Number: 094445 70566
How to reach Hogenakkal Warerfalls:
The nearest airport is Kempegowda International Airport—Bengaluru is 162 km from the waterfall.
The nearest railway station is Dharampuri Railway Station, about 48 km from the waterfall.
Hogenakkal Waterfalls Bus Station is 350m from the waterfall.
Location, Photos, Timings, Things to Do This captivating waterfall can visit throughout the year due to the perennial nature of the river Kaveri.
Hogenakal had situated at the borders of Karnataka at 46 km from Dharmapuri. In Hogenakal, Cauvery enters Tamil Nadu as a big river with gushing water presentably as a natural fall.
Hogenakkal, being a hill station, does provide some commuting options. Auto rickshaws that can typically seat three at once are available.
Hogenakkal Waterfalls is one of the best places for swimmers as the depth of the water is just about perfect, and the surrounding scenery adds to the charm even more.
Kids more than three years opted. But you should have good control and watch them since the depth is too much in full water flow.