Thirumanancheri Temple is near the Kaveri river in the Mayiladuthurai district in Tamil Nadu state. This place is about 35kms away from the Kumbakonam.
The main deities in this temple are Lord Shiva and the goddess Parvathi. People also call this temple as Sri Kalyanasundareswarar temple. Thirumanancheri temple timings are from 6 AM to 8:30 PM.
The queen Sembiyanmadevi from the Chola dynasty built this temple. People from all over India visits this temple.
This temple is very famous for marriages at the bank of the Kaveri river. People also believe that the Lord will solve all the wedding-related problems. You can get information about the temple and history and other related information on this page.
History of Thirumanancheri Temple
Lord Shiva and Parvathi argued over a dice game, according to the legend. Lord Shiva turned his wife, Parvathi, into a cow. Later, he sought the help of Lord Vishnu.
So, Lord Vishnu took the form of cowherd to safeguard his sister. After a few days, Lord Shiva released goddess Parvathi from the curse.
Goddess Parvathi took a bath in the Kaveri river and lived as Bharatha Muni’s daughter on earth. After that, Lord Shiva came to marry goddess Parvathi in this place.
As the divine marriage took place in this place, this place is called Thirumanancheri. In Tamil, Thirumanan refers to marriage, and Cheri means village. Hence, this is called the location where weddings take place.
Thirumanancheri Temple Timings:
The Thirumanancheri temple timings are the same throughout the week. The detailed timings of the temple are as follows.
|Every day||Temple Opening Time||06:00 AM|
|Every day||Morning Darshan Timings||06:00 AM to 1:30 PM|
|Every day||Temple Break Timings||1:30 PM to 3:30 PM|
|Every day||Evening Darshan Timings||3:30 PM to 8:30 PM|
|Every day||Temple Closing Timings||8:30 PM|
Sri Kalyanasundareswarar Temple Pooja Procedure:
The marriage pooja at Thirumanancheri temple is for the people who are not getting married or getting delayed in marriage. The process of this pooja is as follows.
The list of items you need for the pooja are:
- Two Garlands
- Two Coconuts
- Turmeric and Kumkum
- Camphor, Ghee, and Sandal Powder
- Betel leaf and Betel Nut
- Lemon and Bananas.
- First, the devotee should pray to the temple’s Kodi Maram and Sri Selva Ganapathy.
- They should light up five lamps with ghee at Deepa Mandapam.
- Then go and sit for a while in Kalyana Prarthanai Mandapam.
- The temple priest comes and collects your pooja items.
- Now, offer your prayers to the Kalyana Sundareswarar and goddess Parvathi.
- Take the prasadam at the end of the pooja.
- The priest will offer you a lemon.
- After reaching home, take a head bath, cut the lemon, and drink the juice without adding sugar or salt.
- Put the garland in the pooja room until you get married.
- After marriage, take the garland to the temple and offer it to the Lord.
The above procedure is for the marriage pooja at the Thirumanancheri temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja Online Booking:
The following is the procedure to book Thirumanancheri pooja and prasadam online.
- Visit the official website of the Thirumanancheri temple.
- On the home page, you can find the menu bar.
- In the menubar, click on the ” Order Puja” option.
- On the next page, you can see the Puja options with the price for the Puja.
- You can find the link to book Puja on the right side of the Puja details.
- Click on the “Book Puja now” button against the Puja option and then proceed to fill in the details.
- Then submit the form and proceed to pay the amount.
- After Successful payment, your Online booking for the Puja will get confirmed.
In this way, you can book your Pooja online at Thirumanancheri temple.
Thirumanancheri temple contact number: 04364 235 002.