Thirumanancheri Temple is near the Kaveri river in the Mayiladuthurai district of Tamil Nadu state. This place is about 35 km away from the Kumbakonam. The main deities in this temple are Lord Shiva and the goddess Parvathi. People also call this temple Sri Kalyanasundareswarar temple. Thirumanancheri temple timings are from 6 am to 8:30 pm.
Queen Sembiyanmadevi from the Chola dynasty built this temple. People from all over India visit this temple.
This temple is famous for marriages on the bank of the Kaveri river. People also believe that the Lord will solve all wedding-related problems. You can get information about the temple, history, and other related information on this page.
History of Thirumanancheri Temple
- 1 History of Thirumanancheri Temple
- 2 Thirumanancheri Temple Timings:
- 3 Sri Kalyanasundareswarar Temple Pooja Procedure:
- 4 Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja Online Booking:
According to the legend, Lord Shiva and Parvathi argued over a dice game. Lord Shiva turned his wife, Parvathi, into a cow. Later, he sought the help of Lord Vishnu.
So, Lord Vishnu took the form of a cowherd to safeguard his sister. After a few days, Lord Shiva released goddess Parvathi from the curse.
Goddess Parvathi bathed in the Kaveri river and lived as Bharatha Muni’s daughter on earth. After that, Lord Shiva came to marry goddess Parvathi in this place.
As the divine marriage took place in this place, this place is called Thirumanancheri. In Tamil, Thirumanan refers to marriage, and Cheri means village. Hence, this is called the location where weddings take place.
Thirumanancheri Temple Timings:
The Thirumanancheri temple timings are the same throughout the week. The detailed timings of the temple are as follows.
|Every day||Temple Opening Time||06:00 am|
|Every day||Morning Darshan Timings||06:00 am to 1:30 pm|
|Every day||Temple Break Timings||1:30 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Every day||Evening Darshan Timings||3:30 pm to 8:30 pm|
|Every day||Temple Closing Timings||8:30 pm|
Sri Kalyanasundareswarar Temple Pooja Procedure:
The marriage pooja at Thirumanancheri temple is for the people who are not getting married or getting delayed. The process of this Pooja is as follows.
The list of items you need for the Pooja is as follows:
- Two Garlands
- Two Coconuts
- Turmeric and Kumkum
- Camphor, Ghee, and Sandal Powder
- Betel leaf and Betel Nut
- Lemon and Bananas.
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja Procedure:
- First, the devotee should pray to the temple’s Kodi Maram and Sri Selva Ganapathy.
- They should light up five lamps with ghee at Deepa Mandapam.
- Then go and sit for a while in Kalyana Prarthanai Mandapam.
- The temple priest comes and collects your pooja items.
- Now, offer your prayers to the Kalyana Sundareswarar and goddess Parvathi.
- Take the prasadam at the end of the Pooja.
- The priest will offer you a lemon.
- After reaching home, take a head bath, cut the lemon, and drink the juice without adding sugar or salt.
- Put the garland in the pooja room until you get married.
- After marriage, take the garland to the temple and offer it to the Lord.
The above procedure is for the marriage pooja at the Thirumanancheri temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja Online Booking:
The following is the procedure to book Thirumanancheri Pooja and prasadam online.
- Visit the official website of the Thirumanancheri temple.
- On the home page, you can find the menu bar.
- In the menubar, click on the “Order Puja” option.
- On the next page, you can see the Puja options with the price for the Puja.
- You can find the link to book Puja on the right of the details.
- Click the “Book Puja now” button against the Puja option and fill in the details.
- Then submit the form and proceed to pay the amount.
- After Successful payment, your Online booking for the Puja will get confirmed.
In this way, you can book your Pooja online at Thirumanancheri temple.
Tourist places nearby Thirumanancheri Temple
- Alangudi Tourism: Navagraha Temple
- Chidambaram: The City Of The Nataraja
- Cuddalore: The Land Of The Temples and The Sea
- Darasuram: Quintessential Temple
- Dharmapuri: City Of Churches and Temples
- Dindigul: The City Of Fort and Food
- Kanchipuram: The City Of Temples
- Kanjanoor: Lord Sukra Navagraha Temple
- Kolli Hills: A Pristinely Preserved Nature
- Nagapattinam: Land Of Religious
Hotels nearby Thirumanancheri Temple
- Hotel Krishna Residency
- Hotel Kanakabhishegam Thirukadaiyur
- The Grand White Palace
- Raya’s Grand
- Hotel Sadhabishegam
- Hotel Green Park
- Marudha Temple View
- Royale Inn
Thirumanancheri Temple Contact Details:
- Kuthalam, Tamil Nadu 609801
- Contact Number: 04364 235 002
How to reach Thirumanancheri Temple
Tiruchirapalli is the nearest airport to the temple.
Mayiladuthurai Railway Junction and the Kumbakonam Railway junction are near the temple.
Kuthalam Bus Stop is near the temple.
This temple is associated with the marriage of Lord Shiva to Goddess Parvati. Hence, devotees seeking an early marriage often come to Thirumanancheri. It is a belief that a visit to this temple will remove all obstacles and pave the way for an earlier marriage.
The festivals celebrated in Thirumanancheri Temple are Sangadahara Sathurthi, Pooja Natchathiram and Shivaratri. Also, Astottaram and Sahasra Namacharana will be performed daily from 6:30 to 08:30 am.
Parvathi wanted to marry Shiva and no one else. After an intense meditation, her prayers were answered. The place of her reflection became known as “Thirumanancheri” after the divine marriage.
The nearest railway station to thirumanancheri is Kuttalam, near Kumbakonam and Mayiladuthurai, the nearest railway junction.