Last Updated on
Sri Siddeshwara Swamy Temple Hemavathi
Sri Siddeshwara Swamy Temple Hemavathi is located in a small town of Hemavathi in Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh.
Since Hemavathi was the capital of Pallavas between 8th and 10th-century AD. while the other name for Hemavathi is Henjeri during Pallava reign.
Lord Shiva as Siddeswara, a physical type of Lord Shiva in reflection pose is in this temple. This symbol is a 5 feet tall figure.
In all seasons Sunbeams at the season of sunset contacts the substance of Lord Shiva.
The Pallava kings build this temple during the 8th century with four famous Shiva shrines. This temple has both Pallavas and Cholas architecture.
First, a ruler named Nolamburs built this temple declaring the holy main temple of Siddeshwara in celebration of the birthday of his daughter named Hemavathi.
How to reach:
- The nearest airport to the Sri Siddeshwara Swamy Temple Hemavathi is Bangalore International Airport covers over a distance of 134 km.
- There the nearest railway Stations is Hindupur. You can reach from Hindupur to Hemavathi by road after. However, Bellary Jn Rail Way Station is major railway station 139 KM near to Hemavathi.
- Hindupur is the Nearest Town to Hemavathi. Hindupur is 65 km from Hemavathi.
- Kundurpi APSRTC Bus Station, Madakasira APSRTC Bus Station, Pavagada APSRTC Bus Station are nearby by Bus Stations to Hemavathi. APSRTC runs Number of busses from major cities to here.
Sri Siddeshwara Swamy Temple Timings:
- That is to say, the temple will be open during the morning at 7:00 AM to Evening 7:00 PM.
On the account of no accommodation provided by the Sri Siddeshwara Swamy Temple Hemavathi. So that we can stay at a nearby hotel,
- SSP Choultry, it is 1km away from the temple.