Sahastradhara Dehradun, a picturesque destination known for its limestone formations and waterfalls, welcomes visitors with its enchanting beauty. The Sahastradhara timings are 08:00 am to 07:00 pm.
The site is open from morning to evening, allowing ample time for exploration. Additionally, a thrilling ropeway ride offers panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, adding to the allure of this natural wonder.
About the Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1 About the Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.1 Sahastradhara Dehradun Timings:
- 1.0.2 Best Time to Visit Sahastradhara:
- 1.0.3 Sahastradhara Dehradun Entry Fee:
- 1.0.4 Sahastradhara Ropeway:
- 1.0.5 Things to Carry While Visiting Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.6 Things to do at Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.7 Tips For Visiting Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.8 Tourist places nearby Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.9 Hotels nearby Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.10 Resorts nearby Sahastradhara:
- 1.0.11 Restaurants nearby Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.12 Sahastradhara Contact Details:
- 1.0.13 How to reach Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- 1.0.14 FAQs:
- 1.0.15 Related Posts:
Sahastradhara Dehradun is a popular weekend getaway in Dehradun, blessed with natural beauty and scenic views.
The literal meaning of Sahastradhara is ‘thousand-fold spring,’ and it had counted as the top-rated attraction of Dehradun.
Its therapeutic and medicinal value are the reasons that have made the Sahastradhara waterfall very popular.
According to researchers, the water that flows in Sahastradhara has a good amount of sulfur that contributes to your skin’s health.
Sahastradhara Falls is also known as Sulfur Springs, near another popular destination named Robber’s Cave. The water of this cascade falls from around 9 meters.
Sahastradhara Dehradun Timings:
The Sahastradhara timings are 08:00 am to 07:00 pm.
|Monday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Tuesday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Thursday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Friday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Saturday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Sunday||8 am to 7 pm|
Best Time to Visit Sahastradhara:
The best time to experience the total rawness of the place is during the monsoon months.
It is because, during this time, the water comes gushing down in great amounts off the cliffs and can enjoy the most. It is also a great spot to escape from the heat of the summer.
Sahastradhara Dehradun Entry Fee:
The entry fee for Sahastradhara is free to all. Visitors can enjoy the breathtaking beauty of the limestone formations and sulfur springs. It is free for an unforgettable experience in nature’s paradise.
Sahastradhara means the ‘Thousand-fold spring.’ It is a beautiful and popular waterfall in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand.
The Sahastradhara Ropeway stands tall above the layered waterfall and is a major tourist attraction because of the scenic beauty all around.
It is a 103-minute-long ropeway car ride that gives the passengers a mesmerizing view of the surrounding mountains.
One can enjoy not only the mountainous beauty but also that of the river flowing below.
- Sahastradhara Ropeway Timings: 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Ropeway Entry Fee: Rs. 250 to Rs. 300 Per Person
- Best time to visit: March to May
- Sahastradhara Ropeway: Official Website
Things to Carry While Visiting Sahastradhara Dehradun:
Here are some things to consider carrying:
- Sunscreen and Hat
- Walking Shoes
- Water Bottle
- Food Items
- Mosquito Repellent
- Umbrella or Raincoat
- Personal Medications
Things to do at Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- Enjoy the marvellous view of the surrounding scenery from the top of the mountain.
- Explore the caves surrounding the spring and dip in the Baldi River after playing to your heart’s content in the 9-meter-deep spring.
- Take a lot of great shots with the stunning backdrop of lush greenery and dark caves, adding to the overall beauty.
- Trek in the rocky area surrounding the spring and enjoy the clean and refreshing atmosphere.
- Look into the step agriculture practised around the area and what makes the location even more famous amongst tourists.
- Enjoy the extreme in the water-based amusement park, which has been set up there with many water rides to have fun in.
- Also, look into the Shiva temple, which is nearby in a cave, for a serene and holy visit.
- After tiring yourself, wallow in the various kinds of food sold at the plethora of eateries opened for ravenous visitors.
Tips For Visiting Sahastradhara Dehradun:
Here are some tips while visiting the Sahastradhara
- Carry your camera and torchlight.
- Wear appropriate clothing and comfortable and waterproof footwear.
- Carry your towel and a few munchies, beverages and water to keep yourself fueled throughout your visit here.
- Reaching the pools or springs involves a short hike up to the jagged terrains, so wear comfy shoes.
- Be careful while traversing the cave, as the water makes walking slippery.
Tourist places nearby Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- Robber’s Cave
- Tiger Falls
- Tapkeshawar Temple
- Malsi Deer Park
- Forest Research Institute
- Daat Kali Mandir
- Kedarnath Temple
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
- Ram Rai Gurudwara
- Har Ki Pauri
- Khalanga War Memorial
- Shikhar Falls
- Rajaji National Park
- Santala Devi Temple
- Laxman Siddh Temple
Hotels nearby Sahastradhara Dehradun:
- The Hosteller Dehradun
- Comfort Inn Dehradun
- Hotel Madhuban
- Clarks Inn Express Dehradun
- LP Vilas Dehradun
- Hotel Shiva Residency
- The Solitaire Express
- Red Fox Hotel Dehradun
- Hotel Aketa
Resorts nearby Sahastradhara:
- Royal Orchid Fort Resort
- Haut Monde Hill Stream Resort
- Country Inn Premier Pacific Resort
- The Sal Woods Resort and Spa
- Rio Resort
Restaurants nearby Sahastradhara Dehradun:
Here are Some Restaurants
- Handi Restaurant
- Sonu Dhaba
- Grand Confectionaries
- Orchard Restaurant
- Countable Restaurant
Sahastradhara Contact Details:
- Address: Sahastradhara, Sahastradhara Road, Timilimansingh, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, 248001, India
- Contact Number: +91-9068187938
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reach Sahastradhara Dehradun:
The nearest bus stand to Sahastradhara is the Dehradun ISBT (Interstate Bus Terminal).
The nearest railway station to Sahastradhara is the Dehradun Railway Station.
The closest airport to Sahastradhara is the Jolly Grant Airport. It is located in Dehradun and serves as the main airport for the region.
At 16 km from Dehradun Railway Station, Sahastradhara is one of Dehradun’s most popular sightseeing places.
Sahastradhara Falls is also known as Sulfur Springs, near another popular destination named Robber’s Cave. You can bathe, swim in the water steps, and witness the beautiful natural surroundings.
Yes, Sahastradhara has religious significance. It is home to ancient temples and is considered a sacred place by many.
Sahastradhara Falls had located in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand. The liquefaction of limestone rocks forms them.
It takes 4 – 5 hours.
Nine meters is the depth of sahastradhara.
Yes, a parking facility is available at Sahastradhara, where visitors can park their vehicles securely during their visit.
Sahastradhara, healing sulphur springs near Dehradun
The therapeutic water of Sahastradhara, The water from these springs, is known for its medicinal properties, which can eliminate several ailments, such as body aches, poor blood circulation, acne, and arthritis.
Yes, photography is allowed at Sahastradhara. Visitors can capture the scenic beauty and their memorable experiences.