Are you planning to visit Mangalagiri Temple? If true, you can know the timings of the temple before visiting this article.
So, What is Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple Timings? The Panakala Swamy Temple opens 7:00 AM in the morning and closes by 3:00 PM in the afternoon. It also includes Sarva Darshanam from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Avasara Nivedana at 12:00 PM, Maha Nivedana at 3:30 PM.
Along with Panakala Swamy, we can also have the darshan of Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Gandala Narasimha Swamy Temple at Mangalagiri hill. For more details please scroll down to further….
Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple
The temple is located in the Mangalagiri locality on the Mangalagiri Hills of Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh. The word Mangalagiri means Auspicious hills. It is one of the 8 Mahakshetrams of Lord Vishnu. As said earlier, these mangalagiri hills have 3 temples
- Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple – at the foot of the hills
- Panakala Narasimha Swamy – on the hills
- Gandala Narasimha Swamy – on the top of the hill
Also, read the temples near mangalagiri,
The Uniqueness of Mangalagiri Temple History:
There is a unique story behind the elephant-shaped hills, Once there lived a king called Pariyatra with his son named Hrasva Sungei.
In order to regain normal bodily stature, he started visiting all the holy places. During his journey, he came to mangalagiri place and started doing penance for about 3 years.
Meanwhile, his father came here to take his son back to his kingdom. But to stay here as the adobe to lord Vishnu he refused to go back and converted in the form of an elephant.
Devotees also believing that he listened to devas saying that who performed penance here will attain moksha.
Amazing Facts of Panakala Swamy Temple:
In the Panakala Narasimha Swamy temple, we cannot see the statue of the Lord Narasimha except the mouth which is opened 15 cm wide covered with a metal sheet.
Here the devotees offer jaggery water to the lord as naivedhyam. We can observe a gurgling sound while pouring this jaggery water in the mouth. After a while, the sound will come to stop. This will happen every time the devote pour the jaggery water.
We can also observe that there are no traces of ant forming near the idol or around the water.
The temple remains closed after 3:00 PM because it is believing that gods and sages will come to perform pooja to the idol.
And also there is no deity present at Gandala Narasimha Swamy Temple which is at the top of the hill. It is only opened to offer deepam to the lord. People believing that who will lite a deepam will get clear from all difficulties in life.
Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Mangalagiri Temple Timing:
This temple is present at the foot of the hills. The timings of this temple are different from Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy temple timings. The temple opens at 5:00 AM in the morning and closes by 8:30 PM at night.
- Theertham –—————————————- 5:30 AM
- Archana –——————————————- 6:00 AM
- Ghosti –——————————————— 7:30 AM
- Devotees Special Archana –———————– 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- Maharnivedana ———————————— 11:30 AM
- Closing time —————————————- 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM
- Devotees Special Archana ———————— 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Harathi ——————————————— 7:30 PM
Festivals like Brahmostavam, Srirama Navmi, Hanuman Jayanthi, Mahashivaratri, Narasimha Jayanthi, Vaikunta Ekadashi, Santha Narasimha Swamy Kalyanam will celebrate every year on a grand scale.
Ways to reach Mangalagiri:
- If you plan to reach the temple by air then Vijayawada airport is very nearer to it which is about 35 km away and can hire a private vehicle to reach the temple.
- As Vijayawada is the junction for Southcentral railway it is well connected to some major cities in India.
- You can reach Vijayawada railway station or Guntur railway station to reach the temple as these are nearer railway stations to the temple.
- A number of buses will run from Vijayawada to Mangalagiri so we can reach the temple by bus also.
Nearby attractions to visit:
Mangalagiri is not only known for this temple but also for many local attractions to explore. Some of them like,
- Buddha Museum – 48.6 km
- The capital city Amaravathi – 36.4 km
- Undavalli Hills – 10 km
- Kondaveedu Fort – 60.8 km
- Prakasham Barrage night view – 12.9 km
Must Watch Video of the Mangalagiri Temple:
This view will let you know about the temple in the visual form.
Frequently Asked Question’s:
What is Mangalagiri Temple Phone Number? The phone number of Mangalagiri Temple is 098484 19118. You can make a call if you have any queries about the temple. Make sure that you make a call during the temple opening hours. Or Click here for the temple official details.
What is Mangalagiri Temple Prasadam? Unlike other temples in India, Mangalagiri Temple will offer Panakam which is made of water and jaggery. This is why the lord here is called Panakala Narasimha Swamy.