The mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple or Narasimha Swamy Temple opens at 7:00 am and closes by 4:00 pm. It also includes Sarva Darshanam from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Avasara Nivedana at noon, and Maha Nivedana at 3:30 pm.
Along with Panakala Swamy, we can also have Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple’s darshan and Gandala Narasimha Swamy Temple at Mangalagiri Hill. For more details, please scroll down further.
About the Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1 About the Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.1 History of Mangalagiri Temple:
- 1.0.2 Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple Timings:
- 1.0.3 Best Time to Visit Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.4 Amazing Facts of Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.5 Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Mangalagiri Temple Sevas Timings:
- 1.0.6 Festivals Celebrated at Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.7 Tips for Visitng Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.8 Tourist places nearby Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.9 Hotels nearby Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- 1.0.10 Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple Contact Details:
- 1.0.11 How to Reach Mangalagiri Temple:
- 1.0.12 FAQs:
- 1.0.13 Related Posts:
The temple is in the Mangalagiri locality on the Mangalagiri Hills of Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh. The word Mangalagiri means Auspicious hills. It is one of the 8 Mahakshetrams of Lord Vishnu. As said earlier, these Mangala Giri hills have three temples.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple – at the foot of the hills
- Panakala Narasimha Swamy – on the hills
- Gandala Narasimha Swamy – on the top of the hill
History of Mangalagiri Temple:
There is a unique story behind the elephant-shaped hills. Once there lived a king called Pariyatra with his son named Hrasva Sungei.
To regain average bodily stature, he started visiting all the holy places. He came to Mangala Giri place and started penance for about three years during his journey.
Meanwhile, his father came to take his son back to his kingdom. But to stay here as the adobe to Lord Vishnu, he refused to go back and converted into the form of an elephant.
Devotees also believe that he listened to Devas, saying that those who performed penance there would attain moksha.
Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple Timings:
The mangalagiri temple timings are 07:00 am to 04:00 pm.
|Monday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Tuesday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Wednesday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Thursday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Friday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Saturday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
|Sunday||07:00 am to 04:00 pm|
Best Time to Visit Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
The best time to visit the Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Mangalagiri Temple is during the winter season, from October to February. The weather during this time is suitable for exploring the temple premises.
Additionally, visiting the temple on weekdays is advisable to avoid the crowds that usually gather on weekends and during festivals.
Amazing Facts of Panakala Swamy Temple:
In the Panakala Narasimha Swamy temple, we cannot see the statue of Lord Narasimha except the mouth, which opened 15 cm wide and is covered with a metal sheet.
Here the devotees offer jaggery water to the lord as naivedhyam. We can observe a gurgling sound while pouring this jaggery water into the mouth. After a while, the music will stop, and the devote pour the jaggery water every time.
We can also observe no traces of ants forming near the idol or around the water. The temple remains closed after 3:00 pm because it believes gods and sages will perform pooja to the idol.
And also, there is no deity at Gandala Narasimha Swamy Temple, which is at the top of the hill. It’s only opened to offer deepam to the lord. People believe that those who will lite a deepam will get clear from all difficulties in life.
Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Mangalagiri Temple Sevas Timings:
Temple is present at the foot of the hills, and the timings of this temple are different from Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy temple timings. Temple opens at 5:00 am and closes by 8:30 pm.
|Devotees Special Archana||07:30 am to 11:00 am|
|Closing time||12:30 pm to 04:00 pm|
|Devotees Special Archana||04:00 pm to 07:00 pm|
Festivals Celebrated at Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
Festivals like Brahmostavam, Srirama Navmi, Hanuman Jayanthi, Mahashivaratri, Narasimha Jayanthi, Vaikunta Ekadashi, Santha Narasimha Swamy Kalyanam will celebrate every year on a grand scale.
Tips for Visitng Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
Here are some tips
- Visiting the temple on weekdays is advisable to avoid the crowds that usually gather on weekends and during festivals.
- Decide on the time and date you want to visit the temple. It’s best to visit during weekdays to avoid the crowds.
- Maintain silence inside the temple premises and follow the instructions given by the temple authorities.
- Photography may be allowed in certain areas, but check with the authorities before taking pictures.
- Stroll around the temple complex to admire the architecture and other shrines. Take note of any specific guidelines or restricted areas.
- Mangalagiri has beautiful landscapes and other attractions nearby. If time permits, you can explore the town and visit attractions like Undavalli Caves or Uppalapadu Bird Sanctuary.
Tourist places nearby Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- Prakasam Barrage
- Buddha Museum
- Pedakakani Sri Malleswara Swamy Temple
- The capital city of Amaravathi
- Undavalli Hills
- Suryalanka Beach
- Kondaveedu Fort
- Kotappakonda Sri Trikoteswara Swami Temple
- Bhavanarayana Swamy Temple
- Amaravati Stupam
Hotels nearby Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple:
- White Ridge
- Hotel Grand swagath
- Svm Grand Nagole
- Treebo Trend Sindhura Grand
- Holiday Inn
- Spicy Hub
- Taj Deccan
- Royalton Hotel
Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple Contact Details:
- Address: Sri Panakala Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Kothapet, Mangalagiri, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh – 522503
- Contact Numbers: 9848419118 / 9492084427
How to Reach Mangalagiri Temple:
If you plan to reach the temple by air, Vijayawada airport is nearer to it, about 35 km away, and you can hire a private vehicle to get to the temple.
- As Vijayawada is the junction for the Southcentral railway, it is well connected to some major cities in India.
- You can reach the Vijayawada railway station or Guntur railway station to reach the temple as these are nearer railway stations to the temple.
Some buses will run from Vijayawada to Mangalagiri to reach the temple by bus.
The phone number of Mangalagiri Temple is +91 99482 34269. You can make a call if you have any queries about the temple. Make sure that you make a call during the temple opening hours.
Unlike other temples in India, Mangalagiri Temple offers Panakam, water and jaggery, and the lord here is called Panakala Narasimha Swamy.
Yes, women can participate in the Panakam offering ritual at the temple.
The temple celebrates various festivals, the most significant being the annual Brahmotsavam. This grand festival lasts for several days and attracts many devotees.
No dress code, but it is customary to dress modestly and respectfully while visiting the temple.
The presiding deity of the Mangalagiri Panakala Swamy Temple is Lord Narasimha, a fierce incarnation of Lord Vishnu.