Dabhosa Falls is a magnificent waterfall in the town of Dabhosa in the Jawahar Taluk, Thane region of Maharashtra. Dabhosa Waterfalls are on the Lendi River and fall from about 300 feet. The Dabhosa waterfall timings are from 7 AM to 6 PM.
- 1 Dabhosa Waterfall
- 1.1 Best time to visit
- 1.2 Dabhosa Waterfall Timings
Dabhosa falls is one of the most spectacular waterfalls during the puffy season, full flow and lush greenery in Maharashtra, close to Mumbai.
It is a bright enterprise spot with kayaking, valley crossing, zip line, rappelling and ladder, and trekking and angling.
Dabhosa Falls Resort and Jawahar Hill Station Resort are convenient alternatives close to Dabhosa Falls.
These resorts offer a variety of rigorous exercises such as
- Bhurma Bridge
- Valley crossing
- 280 feet rappelling next to the waterfall
- Night trails
- Jungle cooking
- Ladder climbing
- Trekking and angling at the falls
In the evenings, the Dabhosa waterfalls completely disappear with the involvement of nature with thunder.
Best time to visit
Dabhosa Waterfall Resort is open all year round and locates in a secluded spot in a remote village. Most things will not see around the resort except for adventure activities inside the resort.
Therefore the weather is pleasant, and it is the best time to participate in adventurous activities without much fatigue.
Hence, the best indication is to go in the winter or rainy season. Avoid hot & humid summers as the weather is also not conducive for you during adventurous activities.
- An excellent parking place is available at the resort for your vehicles.
- They also provide warm blankets for drivers on cold nights.
- Generally, people between the ages of 12 and 65 can undertake all adventure activities at the resort.
- They also organize day trips for families and groups, including all the adventurous activities and meals, but a day trip can be intense and tiring if you come from a distant city.
- Therefore, my suggestion is to experience their overnight stay for a combination of adventure & leisure.
- Accommodation is fundamental. There are two dormitories & 11 cottages for guests. The living room has a bedroom, a table with chairs & a basic bathroom with soap & towels: no TV, cupboard or fancy interiors. So, watching for a fancy stay, you will be disappointed.
- Be careful with children, especially during trekking; the path may be slippery and broken.
- Camps can be happy as the resort offers ample space to set up their tents at the resort for a small fee.
- Check-in time had fixed on weekends (Friday & Saturday), i.e. 5.00 PM, but on weekdays you can check in at noon depending on availability.
- It is essential to wear comfortable clothing when doing adventure activities. Therefore, it had recommended to wear a comfortable t-shirt, full pants & shoes with good grip.
- It is advisable to avoid saris, shorts, sandals, heels and jewellery for all adventure activities.
Dabhosa waterfall Resorts
- Tour De Tribe 01, 13.6 km
- Vishal Lake view resort, 14 km
- SS Resort near Jayasagar Lake, 14.4 km
- White Feather Resort Kauncha, 19.5 km
- IHS Hotel, 22.7 km
- Khanvel Resort, 23.3 km8
- Green Paradise, 24.5 km
Dabhosa Waterfall Timings
Below are the Dabhosa waterfall timings; we have to plan accordingly to visit.
|Dabhosa waterfall Timing
How to reach
Nashik Airport is the nearest airbase, located 80 km from Jawahar by air. Mumbai International Airport is the nearest airbase located at 100 km. You can easily find a taxi from both airports to reach Dabhosa waterfall.
The Igatpuri Railway Station in Nashik is the nearest railway station to Jawahar. It is 60 km away and takes about 2 hours to reach Jawahar. From the station, there are 24X7 taxi services to reach Jawahar and Dabhosa waterfalls.
Travelling by road is an easy and convenient option. On this route, you will find a lot of taxi services. You can easily hire a cab/taxi from nearby cities like Mumbai and Thane to reach Jawahar. Dabhosa locates at a distance of 19 km from Jawahar.
Places to visit nearby
Jai Vilas Palace
This vast palace is famous for its structure and size. It is also known as Raj Bari. It was under the rule of the Jawahar tribal king. Viewing from the inside is not permitted as it is private property.
As the name suggests, this point gives you a spectacular view of the setting sun near the Dabhosa waterfall. The view of the lower valley from here is also beautiful.
Shirpamal is where Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj camped on his way to Surat. The surrounding scenery is quite breathtaking.
Another stunning destination that should be on your excursion list, Hanuman Point, is set in a stunning natural setting. According to the legends of the place, Hanuman used to rest at this place when he was going to meet Lord Rama’s brother Bharata, hence the name of the place.
Bhopatgarh Fort is Another central area that defines the antiquity of the city’s past. The fort also serves as an important historical site.
Founded by Chhatrapati Shivaji, the fort is tiny in size and almost synonymous with the Maratha Empire.
The Dabhosa falls resort is not only budget-friendly but also offers total value for your money. Dabhosa waterfall is a great place to bond with your family, co-workers or groups. From their delicious food, support staff, cosy rooms and guided adventure activities, you will enjoy your time at the resort, but you may miss the opportunity to climb the ladder as it is closed.
Overall this is a great stay, and I recommend my readers visit this resort at least once.
Dabhosa Waterfall, Taluka Jawhar, District Palghar, Maharashtra
Number: +91 8080809536 | +91 2249422000