The annual Vasanthotsavam is celebrated in Chaitra (March/April) on the holy days of Triodashi, Chaturdashi and Purnima in Thirumala. Vasanthotsavam Festival is performed daily from 2.30 pm.
- 1 Vasanthotsavam
- 1.0.1 Significance of Vasanthotsavam
- 1.0.2 Vasanthotsavam Procedure and Experience
- 1.0.3 Vasanthotsavam Festival Times
- 1.0.4 2023 Vasanthotsavam Schedule
- 1.0.5 Step-by-Step Procedure for Booking TTD Online Seva Tickets
- 1.0.6 Tourist Places nearby Tirupati
- 1.0.7 Hotels nearby Tirupati Temple
- 1.0.8 Tirumala Address
- 1.0.9 How to Reach Tirumala?
- 1.0.10 FAQs
According to temple legend, the Vasanthotsavam festival started in the 1460s during the reign of King Achyutaraya. It believes that the king introduced this annual festival to mark the arrival of Vasanthotsavam.
God and his wives take an aromatic bath during these three days, relieving the gods from the scorching sun.
The three-day Vasanthotsavam festival begins one day before the start of the festival with a budding ceremony (nine types of seeds) on Uttarabhadra Nakshatra Day.
Punya vachanam (purification rituals), Vastu Shanti (worship of the god and Lord of nature and their elements and natural forces as well as the Lord and God of directions and environment), and Samprokshanam (sprinkling of holy water as a symbol of purification) rituals had conducted by the temple priests. People have no access to these rituals.
During these three days, Sri Malayappa Swami and his wives had brought to the beautifully decorated Vasanthotsavam mandapa.
In the Vasantha Mandapam, the anointing means the Snapana Thirumanjanam (holy bath with spices) for the first two days of the procession of Sri Malayappa Swami and his wives to the deities.
On the third day, Lord Rama, accompanied by Sita, Lakshmana, Anjaneya, Rukmini and Satyabhama, is accompanied by Malayappa Swami and his wives in a procession.
It had brought all the ceremonial figures to the Vasanthotsavam mandapa at the end of the procession, where a snapan massage was performed with religious fervour.
Pilgrims can participate in the annual Vasanthotsavam festival of Srivari. Contact Arjantham Office, Thirumala, for more details. Telephone number 0877-2263724/2277777.
The annual Vasanthotsavam Festival ticket price is Rs.300.00
Significance of Vasanthotsavam
During this Vasanthotsavam, Lord Srinivasa and his beautiful wives bathe Sri Devi and Bhudevi in aromatic salts to relieve the hot sun.
This Vasanthotsavam festival begins one day before the festival with Ankurarpanam (nine different seeds). Afterwards, the three-day ritual begins with reciting the holy text, Vastu Shanti and Samprokshan.
Punya vachanam: In it, It can purify all the objects offered to the deities.
Vastu Shanti: This Vastu Shanti consists of two stages as follows:
- Worshipping the Panchabuthas Lords of Nature also their elements:
- God of Fire – Agni.
- Lord of Water – Varuna.
- Lord of Ether – Akash.
- God of Air – Vaayu.
- Lord of Earth – Prithvi.
- Worshipping the deities of eight directions:
- Lord for North direction – Kubera.
- Lord for West – Varuna.
- Lord for South – Yama.
- Lord for East – Indra.
- God for Southeast direction – Agni.
- God for Northeast direction – Isana.
- Lord for South West – Nirrthi.
- God for North West direction – Vayu.
Samprokshanam: Finally, the holy water is sprinkled on the pujas by the chief priests of the temple. The three sections mentioned above take place in solitude.
After completing these three sections, Malayappa Swami, with his two wives (Sri Devi and Bhudevi), is brought to the Vasanthotsavam mandapa. The place decorates with wreaths of fresh colour. These fresh flowers bring relief to the Lord from the summer.
Vasanthotsavam Procedure and Experience
It is an Arjitha Seva daily Seva to Sri Venkateswara in Thirumala. The Vasanthotsavam Festival is an annual Seva held in November each year. But right now, the Vasanthotsavam festival for Sri Venkateswara Swamy is stored in a slightly smaller style every day.
It had Held every day, and this Vasanthotsavam festival is available for travellers to book and attend. This Vasanthotsavam festival, Seva, will be held in the pavilion. This Seva dedicates to Sri Malayappa Swami and his wives – Sridevi and Bhudevi.
The Seva begins with the fragrances applied to the Lord and His wives with the mantras Purusha Suktam, Narayana Suktam, Sri Suktam and Bhoo Suktam, followed by anointing with holy water, milk, yoghurt, honey and turmeric.
The idols had then sanded, and some treatments were done. When this happened, the Seva ended with the sprinkling of water on the statues by the millennium document.
The experience of the Vasanthotsavam festival is tremendous, and anointing with various fragrances and many spiritual objects gives great pleasure. Ticket holders will be given two small brownies as a treat for the Vasanthotsavam festival.
The duration of Seva ranges from twenty minutes to half an hour. At the end of the Seva, ticket holders will allow seeing the main deity even if it is a nightmare, and the visit will take 1-2 hours.
Vasanthotsavam Festival Times
Arjitha Vasanthotsavam Festival had performed daily from 2.30 pm. All pilgrims must report to the Vaibavotsava Mandapam.
2023 Vasanthotsavam Schedule
- 1st day, 3 April 2023: Lord Venkateswara (Malayappa Swamy and his wives brought lunch to the Vasanthotsavam pavilion in procession).
- 2nd day, 4 April 2023: Srivari Rathostavam.
- 3rd day, 5 April 2023: Lord Rama with Sita, Lord Krishna, Lakshmana, Anjaneya, Rukmini and Satyabhama also brought a procession to the Vasanthotsavam pavilion.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Booking TTD Online Seva Tickets
Requirements for you to book TTD Seva tickets online
- The person must have a valid email ID account.
- Scanned image of the person size less than 20kb.
- Identity proof and valid bank account details (PAN card, driving license, Aadhaar, voter ID) (deb), Credit card).
- Users must complete registration or click sign up for new registration.
Devotees should follow the instructions before booking:
- Travellers can book at least three days in advance or up to 90 days on all Sevas
- you can book only 2 Seva tickets on the same day
- You cannot book 2 Seva tickets on different Seva dates
- If you require 2 Seva tickets, upload the accompanying Seva traveller’s details.
The process to check ttd seva details Availability of seva tickets
It is best to check the Availability of TTD Seva details of the Seva before booking tickets as per your plan.
- Go to the TTD Online Portal and click on the Seva on the left side of the page.
- Now, you’ll get the Seva page; select the Seva you want to book and
- Check Availability on possible dates, where green indicates Availability, red indicates booking, and blue indicates unavailable, and then proceed to the following process.
TTD Online booking registration process
- Log in to http://ttdsevaonline.com with your username and password.
- Select the Seva name and date and click continue on the next screen.
- Now, enter your details, like your age and state, and click select to upload your scanned photos.
- Check that I agree to the terms and conditions and click on continue.
- Now, They will assign the transaction id. Save it for further reference.
- Now, select your banker payment gateway process.
- Fill in all the details like card number, CVV, and expiration date and click Next.
- After successful payment, it will generate Seva tickets and the booking number, and you will receive a confirmation mail to your email by clicking on the receipt to view and print.
- You should keep two copies of the print of Vasanthotsavam Seva tickets and read the instructions carefully.
Tourist Places nearby Tirupati
- Shri Varaha Swamy Temple
- Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
- Natural Arch (Silathoranam)- Geoheritage site
- Talakona Waterfall
- ISKCON Temple, Tirupati
- Kapila Theertham, Tirumala Tirupati
- Swami Pushkarini
- Papavinasam Theertham
- Regional Science Centre, Tirupati
- Tirumala Deer Park Reserve
- Aakasa Ganga
- Jwalamukhi Temple
Hotels nearby Tirupati Temple
- Marasa Sarovar Premiere
- FabHotel Aditya Yatri Nivas
- Taj Tirupati
- Pai Viceroy
- Raj Park- Hill View
- Durga residency
- Hotel PLR Grand
- S Mada St, Tirumala, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh 517504
- Phone Number: 0877 227 7777
- Tirupati Temple: Official Website
How to Reach Tirumala?
There are direct bus services from Tirupati to Tirumala with a bus frequency of every 2 minutes. It also has direct buses from Chennai, Bangalore and Vellore.
Paid taxis and private bus operators also run buses to Tirupati from nearby cities like Chennai, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam and Bangalore.
Thirumala does not have a railway station. The nearest railway station is Tirupati, located 26 km from Tirumala. Tirupati Station had a significant railway station equipped with five platforms and escalators. It had well connected to major cities in India.
The nearest airport to Tirumala is Renigunta, about 15 km from Tirupati. The domestic airport has direct flights to Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Chennai, New Delhi and Bangalore. It has been upgraded to an international airport.
The Annual Vasanthotsavam is performed in Tirumala on the auspicious days of Trayodasi, Chaturdasi and Pournami in the month of Chaitra (March/April) every year.
Vasonthotsavam is an arjitha seva – paid service where pilgrims pay to view the ceremony. Each ticket costs Rs 300 ($7) and allows one person.
Navarathri and Salakatla.