Saptashrungi Devi Temple is a Hindu temple located at a distance of 26 km from Vani and 65 km from Nashik, near the village of Nanduri. Nashik Saptashrungi temple timings are, the temple remains open for 34hrs and locates on a hill at an elevation of 1,230 m. Saptashrungi temple online booking is now available for darshan and poojas
The temple dedicates to Goddess Saptashrungi. The temple is famous as one of the ‘Three and a Half Shakti Peethas’ in Maharashtra.
Saptashringi temple is also one of the 51 Shakti Peethas in the Indian subcontinent and is an organ of Sati Devi, the place where her right arm has fallen.
The Saptashringi Temple is a two-storied shrine dedicated to the Goddess on the upper floor. The deity’s idol is said to be Swayambhu (self-expressed), which had carved on a stone on the perfect face of the mountain.
She had surrounded by seven (in Sapta-Sanskrit) peaks (in Sringa-Sanskrit), hence the name- Saptashringi Mata (mother of the seven peaks).
The image of the Goddess is very large — about 10 feet long, with 18 arms holding various weapons. The idol always has an acacia coating, which is considered sacred in this area. The Goddess had adorned with a high crown, a silver nose ring and a necklace.
The most important festival in the Nashik Saptashrungi temple is the Chaitrotsavam.
The festival begins on Rama Navami and ends with Chaitra Purnima (Full Moon Day), the festival’s biggest day and attended exclusively by childless women who swear allegiance to the Goddess for their children.
Nearly 250,000 people attended the festival on the last day, and 1 million people gathered during the last three days of the nine-day festival.
Dussehra and Navratri celebrate with much pomp and ceremony in the temple.
The story behind this incident is that Prajapati Dakshuda, the father of Sati, was called by the heads of the Vedic conditions while performing Yajna, for example, by offering to the fire god and others, for example, ghee, kshina, grains and so on.
According to Hindu traditions, the inhabitant goddess Saptashrungi resides on seven mountain peaks. It locates in Nanduri in Kalwan taluka, close to Nashik in India. The story of Saptashringi Devi is generally referred to as one of the “Three and a half Shakti Peethas” in Maharashtra.
The Saptashringi Devi is also known as Mahishasura Mardini. Mahishasura was the master of the unpleasant proximity of the wild bull, which annoyed the people of the area.
The exchange gods and people asked the Goddess to execute the demon hidden near the forest.
In the temple, we can see a stone carved maniac Bullhead, where you aggressively start methods that indicate the victory of the deceitful Goddess.
You have to cross 500 steps from the mountain base, which takes 40-50 minutes to reach Saptashrungi Devi Temple.
So the Goddess Saptashrungi Devi crushed him to save the people. In annoyance, Lord Shiva was carrying her dead body on his shoulders when Lord Shiva cut off the right arm of this deity, and Vishnu tore her body into 55 pieces with his Sudarshan Chakra.
In the story, Devi’s right arm has fallen, Lord Shiva carrying her body on his shoulders and Vishnu dismembering her with his Sudarshan Chakra.
Hotels near Temple Nashik
- SUMA adventure and Resort, 11.8 km from Saptashrungi Temple.
- Hotel ibis Nashik, 3.2 km from the Temple.
- Panchavati Yatri Hotel, 2.8 km from Saptashrungi Temple.
- Hotel Ginger Nashik, 2.8 km from the Temple.
- SSK Solitaire Hotel & Banquets, 2.8 km from Saptashrungi Temple.
- Viveda Wellness Village, 3.3 km from the Temple.
- Click Hotel, 5.5 km from Saptashrungi Temple.
- Hotel MBC Citadel Nashik, 3.3 km from the Temple.
- Hotel Royale Heritage, 3.1 km from the Temple.
- Cool Palace Hotel, 3.0 km from the Temple.
Temple Travel Tips
- Do not carry valuables or pets.
- Do not pay money for guides for the trip.
- Dress comfortably for the climb and wear lightweight footwear.
- Carry water bottles.
Temple Ropeway Funicular Ticket Price
- Saptashringi Ropeway Funicular trolley allows passengers to reach the top in three minutes (1400 m ASL).
- It saves about 500 stairs from climbing.
- The trolley travels at an angle of 35 degrees.
- Each trip will have two air-conditioned trolleys with a capacity of 60 passengers.
- Services remain open 24/7 from 6:00 AM to 09:30 PM.
- Charges are INR 50/ for Children and INR 100/ for Adults.
Temple Meal Timings
11:30 AM to 2:40 PM and 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Cost: INR 15
Saptashrungi Temple Timings
Saptashrungi Temple timings are, the temple remains open for 24 hrs.
How to reach
- Mumbai Airport is about 230 km from the temple.
- Nashik Airport is about 58 km from the Saptashrungi temple.
- Nashik Road Railway Station is the closest railhead, about 70 km from the temple.
Saptashrungi Temple Online Booking
Click here for Saptashrungi Temple online booking for Bhakta Nivas.
Saptashrungi Devi Temple, Vani, Saptashringi Garh, Maharashtra 422215, India, Nasik
Time required to visit the temple: 02:00 Hrs
Try the best online travel planner with you to plan your travel itinerary!