Matheran Hill station is the cutest little hill in India; People can stay at hotels and resorts in Matheran hill station. The best time to visit Matheran hill is from October to May. How to reach Matheran? Tourists can reach by different modes of transport. It is the best place for sunrise and sunset views and pleasant sceneries.
Where is Matheran Hill Station
Many tourist places in Matheran are undisturbed and untouched by the bustling city life. The place is in the Western Ghats, which ranges 800 meters above sea level. Matheran place always has pleasant weather to enjoy at any time. We can see the true beauty of the hill during the rainy and thunderstorm season.
Matheran hill is eco-friendly and does not have a rush of cars and buses making horn sounds on the street. The best thing about the Matheran hill station is that it is a quiet and relaxing place with many places and views of nature which makes everyone stress free.
People visit the hill not only for trekking but also as a treat for photographers to capture and explore the beauty of the Matheran.
Tourists and travellers visit the place and explore by walking on foot. Most people plan for their trip to Matheran and explore trekking, camping, rappelling, etc.
Resorts in Matheran
Below are the best resorts in Matheran hill station.
- Adamo, The Resorts
- Usha Ascot Resorts
- Horseland Resort & Mountain Spa
- Kumar Resort Matheran
- Westend Resort Matheran Stay
- Dune Barr House Resort
- Radha Cottage Village Resort
- Fleetwoods House Resort
- Rivergate Resort
- The Byke Resort
- Saguna Baug
- Brightlands Resort
- Sun N Shades Resort
- Matheran Green Field Resort
- Rangoli Retreat
Best Time to Visit Matheran Hill Station
Matheran has delightful weather all over the year, but the best time to visit Matheran is between October to May.
- The monsoon just retreated from October to November, and the temperature will be excellent and good for sightseeing.
- In the winter months, December to February, the hill station will be calm and perfect for couples on their honeymoon.
- The days during this time will be sunny, but the early mornings and evenings will be chill.
- From March to May, the temperature will be high during the day. The weather is suitable for trekking trails, sightseeing and other adventure activities.
- There will be heavy rains in the rainy season from June to September, and the outdoor activities will be challenging.
- But in this season, the hill will be with few tourists and can enjoy the rain showers and fresh green surroundings in peace.
How to Reach Matheran Hill Station
- By Air: The nearest airport to Matheran hill station in Mumbai is 100 kilometres. From there hire a taxi or bus to visit the hill station.
- Train: The nearest railway station is Neral at 21 kilometres. The trains from Mumbai to Karjat will also stop at Neral.
- Road: Many state buses go from Pune and Mumbai to Matheran. The road transport will stop at 2.5 kilometres from the hill, and the people must go the rest on horseback, on rickshaws or foot.