Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple is very ancient in the eastern ghats of Male Mahadeshwara Hills, Kollegal Taluk, in the Chamarajanagara district of Karnataka. These hills had surrounded by dense forest and about 3000 feet altitude. The temple timings are 05:00 am to 08:30 pm.
People believe the deity here in this temple is the incarnation of God Shiva in the name of Male Mahadeshwara Swamy. The Shiva lingam in this temple is self-manifested.
History of Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- 1 History of Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- 1.0.1 Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Timings:
- 1.0.2 Best time to visit Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- 1.0.3 Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Special Sevas Timings:
- 1.0.4 Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Sevas:
- 1.0.5 Tips for Visiting Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- 1.0.6 Male Mahadeshwara Beta Temple Room Bookings:
- 1.0.7 Tourist places nearby Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- 1.0.8 Hotels nearby Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- 1.0.9 Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Contact Details:
- 1.0.10 How to Reach Male Mahadeshwara Beta Temple:
- 1.0.11 FAQs:
- 1.0.12 Related Posts:
According to the tale of Mahadeshawara, a boy was born to an elegant virgin girl named Uttarajamma of Veerashaiva Lingayath religion.
That young saint was originally from Shrishaila, but he reached Male Mahedeshwara hills by travelling to many villages and doing famous miracles.
One day, he entered the dense forest of Male Mahadeshwara Hills to save the saints from the evil king Shravan.
The forest is not a good place for humans to live, and the evil king, who has immense black magic power, has undertaken the saints to the dense forest.
So, the young saint decided to enter the dense forest. It is believed that a young saint killed the evil king and saved the saints from prison.
Then, he performed penance in the forest for 600 years and still performed penance in Shiva Lingam.
He saved the saints by travelling around the Male Mahadeshwara temple on a tiger as his vahana. For this, the deity here was called Huli Vahana also.
Regarding the temple’s history, the temple was built by landlord Junje Gowda. Then Sri Salur Matt took the temple’s management.
Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Timings:
The temple timings are 05:00 am to 08:30 pm.
|Sunday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
|Monday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
|Tuesday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
|Wednesday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
|Thursday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
|Friday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
|Saturday||05:00 am to 08:30 pm|
Best time to visit Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
The best time to visit Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple is during the winter months of October to February when the weather is pleasant.
It is also recommended to avoid the monsoon season (June to September) due to heavy rainfall that may hinder travel and outdoor activities.
Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Special Sevas Timings:
The temple’s special sevas timings are here
|5:30 am to 7:30 am||Abhisheka|
|7:00 am to 6:00 pm||Huli Vahana, Basava VahanaRudraksha Mantap Seva|
|7:30 am to 10:30 am||Darshan|
|10:30 am to12:30 pm||Abhisheka|
|10:30 am to 2:00 pm||Maharudrabhisheka Seva on Thursday|
|12:30 pm to 6:30 pm||Darshan|
|6:30 pm to 8:30 pm||Abhisheka|
|7:00 pm||Golden Car procession|
|8:30 pm to 9:00 pm||Darshan|
Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Sevas:
The Male Mahadeshwara Temple offers various sevas for devotees to participate in and seek the blessings of Lord Mahadeshwara. Some of the common sevas conducted at the temple include:
- Sahasranama Archana
- Anna Santarpane
- Vahana Puja
Tips for Visiting Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
Here are some tips
- Research the temple timings, festivals, and any specific guidelines in advance to plan your visit accordingly.
- Make your way to Male Mahadeshwara Temple using the available transportation options, such as buses, taxis, or private vehicles.
- Remove your footwear from the designated area and deposit them safely. Take care of your belongings or use the available lockers if provided.
- Follow the queue system and wait for your turn to enter the main sanctum. Respect the space and maintain decorum.
- Check the temple’s photography policy before capturing any images or videos. If required, respect any restrictions and refrain from using mobile phones on the temple premises.
Male Mahadeshwara Beta Temple Room Bookings:
If you want to stay near the male mahadeshwara Swamy temple, there is a facility for booking rooms at mahadeshwara. We need to call the guest house authorities in advance for 15 days. Or else we can book the room by spot after reaching the guesthouses. Some of the guesthouses, like,
|Guest House Name||Contact Number|
|Mentor Darshini||082252 72108|
|Dasoha Bhavana||082252 72109|
|Shiva Darshini||0822 5272139|
|Mahadeshwara Guest House||0822 5272124|
|Nagamale Bhavan||082252 72129|
Tourist places nearby Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- Chunchi Waterfalls
- Biligiriranganab etta
- Gaganachukki Water Falls
- Siddhar Temple
- Kudupu Anantha Padmanabha Temple
- Karadiyoor View Point
- Muthayala Maduvu
Hotels nearby Mahadeshwara Betta Temple:
- Vks Resort
- Gorukana Eco Wellness Retreat
- KSTDC Hotel
- C M Hotel New
- Hotel Tamilnadu
- Biligiri Bahavana
- Galibore Nature Camp
- Tamarind Valley Farming Collective
Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple Contact Details:
- Address: Male Mahadeshwara Betta Temple, MM Hills, Kollegal Taluk, Chamarajanagar District, Karnataka, India
- Contact Numbers: +91-8225-272270, 232128, 272124, 272335
How to Reach Male Mahadeshwara Beta Temple:
Bangalore Airport is the nearest airport to the temple, about 210 km away if you travel by air.
Mysore railway station is the nearest railway station to Male Mahadeshwara Swamy temple, 150 km away.
Kollegal district has a bus station to reach the temple at 72.6 km.
The rituals and ceremonies at Mahadeshwara Betta Temple include daily poojas, abhishekams (ritualistic bathing of the deity), and special prayers during auspicious occasions and festivals.
The Mahadeshwara Betta Temple had believed to be several centuries old, with its origin dating back to ancient times.
Mahadeshwara Betta Temple is a sacred pilgrimage site dedicated to Lord Mahadeshwara, attracting devotees seeking blessings, spiritual solace, and fulfilment of desires.
The distance from Bangalore to Mahadeshwara Betta is about 210 km.
While there are no dress code requirements, it is advisable to dress modestly and respectfully, covering shoulders and legs, when entering the Mahadeshwara Betta Temple.