Last Updated on
Venkatagiri Poleramma Jathara
Venkatagiri Poleramma Jathara is celebrating in Venkatagiri village of Nellore district.
History of Venkatagiri Jathara:
As per the legends, in 1917 A.D this region was suffering from Cholera disease and is spreading heavily in this region.
At that time Venkatagiri rajas install Astadhigbhandanam and perform Seethala yagnam.
In 1919 A.D Rajas celebrated poleramma Jathara in a grand from then onwards this Jathara started.
People believe that during Jathara time the goddess will come and talk with Rajas at the time of the festival.
Poleramma Jathara Details:
- Usually, Venkatagiri Poleramma Jathara held every year after Vinayaka Chavithi on 3rd Wednesday and Thursday.
- However, 1st Chatimpu of Jathara starts on 1st Wednesday of Vinayaka chavithi and 2nd chatimpu on next Wednesday.
- Devotees who are inside of the town doesn’t allow to go out after Chatimpu till the end of Jathara.
- Ghatotsavam will perform on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
- Finally, Jathara will be held on Wednesday and Thursday.
Poleramma Temple Timings:
Generally, the timings of this temple are as follows:
- Morning: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Evening: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
How to reach Poleramma Temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 40 km.
- Venkatagiri, Nidigallu railway stations are nearby railway stations to this village. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter to Venkatagiri Poleramma Jathara.
- However, Tirupathi railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 46 km from this village.
- Srikalahasthi, Venkatagiri and Koduru bus stations are nearby bus stations to this village.
- So, from there you can easily reach this temple by means of local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.