Last Updated on
Vellala Sanjeevaraya Swamy Temple
Vellala Sanjeevaraya Swamy Temple is located in Vellavalli village of Cuddapah district in Andhra Pradesh.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Hanuman here the name of the Lord is Sanjeevaraya Swamy. It is on the bank of Kumudavathi river.
Anjaneya Swamy statue height is 16 feet.
History of Vellala Sanjeevaraya Swamy Temple:
During Sri Rama and Ravana war Lakshmana brother of Sri Rama injured an fell unconscious.
At that time Jambavantha advice to bring Sanjeevani herbs which are available very rarely to cure Lakshmana.
Sri Rama asks Anjaneya Swamy to bring those herbs which are available at the Himalayas.
By Sri Rama orders Lord Hanuman started his journey while returning to Lanka.
After taking the herbs mountain he has taken a break on the bank of river Kumudavathi to offer his prayers to God Surya for Sandhya Vandhanam.
After offering his prayers he has taken his leap and started his journey.
On the bank of Kumudavathi river saints who are living there requested Hanuman to stay there.
Anjaneya Swamy replied he was in Lord Rama’s mission so he has to go immediately Vellala means have to go. Hence the name of the village Vellala came.
As per the legends, during the ruling of Hanumadh malludu, he was ill one day Lord Anjaneya appears in his dream to construct a temple on the bank of Kumudavathi river so that he will cure of illness.
Later Vellala Sanjeevaraya Swamy Temple renovated by Vijayanagar Kings.
Generally, the timings of this temple are as follows:
Morning: 6:00 am to 11:00 am and
Evening: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
How to reach
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 195 km.
- The nearest railway station is in Nellore which is at a distance of 179 km from this temple.
- Dhuvvur and Chagala Marry bus stations are nearby bus stations to Vellavali.
- So, from there you can reach this temple by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to Vellala Sanjeevaraya Swamy Temple.