Last Updated on
Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti
Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti is in Kadapa District of Andhra Pradesh. The Presiding deity of this temple is Veerabhadra Swamy.
The speciality of this temple is that sun rays fall directly on the idol of the temple for 5 days.
On the first day, rays fall on the feet of the idol and gradually reaches the head of the idol on the 5th day.
Scroll down for Temple Rayachoti History, Rayachoti Veerabhadra Temple phone number, Rayachoti Veerabhadra Swamy Photos.
- Soumyanatha Swamy Temple Nandalur
- Mukthi Rameswara Swamy Temple Proddutor
- Sri Potuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple
Legend of Temple:
Once Daksha Prajapati conducted homam without inviting his son-in-law Lord Shiva as Daksha Prajapati is the father to Lord Shiva wife Sati.
But sati took permission from Lord Shiva and went to her father Prajapati’s Homam. There she was insulted very badly by her father.
She got angry and burnt herself. After knowing this Lord Shiva turned very ferocious where the anger birth to Veerabhadra. He then went along with Shiva ganas to kill his father-in-law.
Meanwhile, a sage named Mandavya performing penance to have darshan of Lord Shiva in Veerabhadra form. After then, he begged Goddess ambica to make Lord Shiva clam down.
The goddess then turned to the Bhadrakali Avatar and made Lord Shiva calm down.
Finally, the sage asked them to stay at the place where he did penance. And this is the place of Rayachoti.
So in Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti, Daksha appears worshipping Lord Shiva.
However after Shivarathri, on the 8th day of Bhrahmostavam 365 measure of rice will cook with pumpkin and some other vegetables.
By using the sword of the Lord they spill out the rice violently. This symbolizes of killing the Daksha and destroying his homam occasion.
This temple is about years old when its comes to Rayachoti history. During Sri Krishna Devaraya period, whenever he travels to Tirupathi he used to stay here.
- Morning Timings: 5 am to 11 am
- Evening Timings: 4 pm to 8 pm
Rayachoti Veerabhadra Temple phone number:
- Rayachoti Veerabhadra Temple phone number is 085612 50307
How to Reach Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti:
- Tirupathi is the nearest airport to reach Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti which is about 129 km. After reach the airport we can hire a vehicle t reach the temple.
- Or else if you want to reach the temple in railway then Kadapa railway station is the nearest to reach the temple.
- Rayachoti bus station is available to reach the temple.