Last Updated on
Vedagiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple
Vedagiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple or Narasimha Konda is on the bank of Penna river in Kommarapudi west of Nellore.
However, the main deity of this temple is Lord Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy along with his consort Goddess Chenchu Lakshmi.
This temple was built by Pallavas dynasty King Narasimha Varma built this temple during the 9th century.
As per the legends, When Kashyap Sage performs yagnam along with seven Sages.
At that time they install seven yagna Gundams on the top of Narasimha konda and performs a pooja.
During this time Lord Narasimha Swamy appears in the form of light and blessed the sages.
It happens on an auspicious day before Vaishaka Suddha Pournami on Swathi Nakshatram prospering.
However, the seven yagna Gundams turns into seven tanks.
Vedagiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Timings:
Every year at Vedagiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple in the month of May, Brahmotsavam will celebrate very grandly.
Generally, the temple opens at morning 6:00 am and closes by 8:00 pm the timings of the sevas are given below
Name of the Seva
|Suprabhata Seva||6:00 am to 6:30 am|
6:30 am to 7:00 am
|Thomala Seva||7:00 am to 8:30 am|
8:30 am to 11:30 am
|Madhyana Nivedhana||11:30 am to 12:30 pm|
3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
|Thomala seva||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
How to reach Vedagiri:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 109 km.
- However, Vedayapalem and Nellore railway stations are nearby stations to Nellore. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter to Vedagiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- PSR, Nellore and Nellore minibus stations are nearby to kommarapudi.
- So from there, you can reach the temple by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.
There is no official accommodation available near the temple. But we can find some restaurants and canteens to have some food.
But we need to travel about 16 km to reach Nellore town and find some private hotels to stay in. Some of the private hotels are
- D.R Utamma Hotel – 14 km from the temple
- Hotel Yesh Park – 19 km
- Abhiram Hotel – 19 km