Last Updated on
Thirumanancheri temple pooja details, timings and temple history. This temple is in village Thirumanancheri located near Cauvery River in Nagapattinam district, Tamil Nadu. While the deities of this temple are Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi.
History of Thirumanancheri Temple:
Once Goddess Parvati tells Lord Shiva that she wants to experience an earthly wedding. While they were playing dice and had an argument that leads Goddess Parvati to descend to the Earth. Goddess Parvathi then takes the form of a cow and stays at Komal. Upon knowing this, Lord Vishnu also descends to the earth. He takes the form of cowherd in order to take care of his sister Goddess Parvati. Later goddess Parvati got relief from the curse from the pious fire of Rishi Bharata Muni, at Thiruvaaduthuarai and assumes her original for in Kunthaalam. After that, Lord Shiva marries Parvati at Thirumanancheri. Since the Shiva is as Sonavaararivaar as he keeps his promise to Parvati.
Then Lord Vishnu gets upset with events happening and goes to Lord Shiva for justifying. Then Shiva explains to Vishnu about the Goddess Parvati’s desire that she wants to get married on earth. However, Parvathi bathes in the River Cauvery and lives in Sage Bharata Muni’s Ashram as his daughter. Finally, Bharata Muni approaches Lord Shiva to marry Parvati.
During the Chola dynasty, Queen Sembiyanmadevi built this Thirumanancheri temple. Yamagandam, Rahu Kalam, Ashtami and Navami Thithis are not applicable at the temple. So, devotees can offer prayers at any time here in Tamil Nadu.
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja materials required:
Garlands – 2, Coconut – 2, Camphor, Turmeric, Kumkum, Ghee, Betel leaf, Sandal powder, Betel nut, Bananas, and lemon.
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja Procedure:
- After entering the temple, you have to offer pranamam to Kodi Maram and then for Sri Selva Ganapathy.
- Lighten five ghee deepam at ghee Deepa mantap and sit at marriage Prarthana mantap.
- Temple priest will collect all the Pooja material from you.
- Then next, perform pooja for Sri Kalyana Sundareswar and Goddess Parvathi.
- After the completion of pooja, the priest will offer prasadam.
- You should have the prasadam that priests offer to you.
- After reaching home, take head bath and have the lemon juice without adding salt or sugar.
- Keep the garland safely in pooja room that the priest gave you in the temple.
- After your marriage, you have to visit the temple along with your spouse and offer garland.
Thirumanancheri Temple Timings:
- Morning Hours: 6:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Evening Hours: 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Every day from 6:30 am – 8:30 pm Astottaram and Sahasra Namarchana will perform in the temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Special Poojas:
- Devotees will offer payasam to Mangala Raghu for Putra Bhagyam on every Amavasya (new moon day).
- Thiru Kalyanam will perform during Chithirai.
- On every 1st day of Tamil Nadu month, special Abhishekam will perform during pradosham timings.
- Special Abhishekam will perform along with Umamaheswara Homam on Sankatahara Chathurthi and Poosa Nakshatra days for Kalyana Sundara.
How to reach Thirumanancheri Temple?
- Tiruchirapalli airport is 113 km away, it is the nearest airport to the temple in Tamil Nadu.
- Kumbakonam station is 29 km away from the temple. It is connected to all parts of Tamil Nadu.
- Direct buses are available from Mayiladuthurai and Kuttalam.
- In fact, Minibusses are available from Kuttalam to Thirumanancheri.