Last Updated on
Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Pattiseema
Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Pattiseema or Pattiseema Veerabhadra Swamy temple dedicates to Lord Shiva in the form of Sri Veerabhadra Swamy.
It is located in Pattiseema village of West Godavari district. This temple is located on a hill in the bank of the Godavari river.
It is one of the ancient temples and considers as one of the Pancharama Kshetras.
As per the legends, once Daksha Prajapathi father of Sathi devi conducts yagnam and wish to welcome all Gods and Goddess.
But he didn’t invite his daughter Sathi and her husband Lord Shiva because they don’t have a good relationship.
Knowing about this Sathi wish to go for the yagnam. Lord Shiva asks her not to go but she went to yagnam.
There his father insults her and Lord Shiva by this Sathi got angry by insulting them she immortal herself.
After hearing about the death of Sathi Lord Shiva became angry and plucked some hair from his head and smashed it on the ground.
From this Lord Veerabhadra and Bhadrakali emerged Shiva advice Veerabhadra to kill Daksha and destroy his Yagnam.
As ordered by Shiva Veerabhadra kills Daksh after killing him also he did not control his anger.
At that time Munni Agastya holds him with his hands and asks him to calm down.
Finally, Agastya Munni pleases him to settle down on this hill rock Veerabhadra Swamy accepts for this and settle down in form of Shiva linga in this place.
However, Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Pattiseema belongs to the 12th century and is built by Reddy Raju kings. It has a beautiful Nandi Vigraha and carved images of dancing people decorate on walls.
Pattiseema Temple Timings:
- Generally, the temple opens at morning 6:00 am and closes at 8:00 pm.
How to reach Pattiseema:
- The nearest airport is in Rajahmundry which is at a distance of 25 km.
- However, Rajahmundry railway station is near to pattiseema. So, from there you can reach the temple by road thereafter.
- Polavaram, Gajjaram, and Dondapudi bus stations are nearby bus station to polavaram. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter to Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Pattiseema.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.