Last Updated on
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple Udayagiri
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple Udayagiri is located in Udayagiri town of Nellore district.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Ranganatha Swamy.
It is one of the ancient Vaishnavite temples in Nellore.
As per the legends, this temple was built during the dynasty of Vijayanagara Sri Krishna Devaraya.
But later the idol of this temple has moved to Nellore Ranganatha Swamy temple because there is an attack of Muslims.
So, for this reason, the idol moves to Ranganayakulu temple.
Importance of this Temple:
- The famous Udayagiri fort of Gajapathi Rajas lies just a few kilometres from this Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple Udayagiri.
- The temple structure just looks like Hampi temples.
- The idol of this temple either stolen or damaged or shifted to another place.
- Endowments and Revenue department started to renovate this temple.
How to reach Udayagiri:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 158 km.
- Kavali railway station is the nearest railway station to Udaygiri. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter.
- However, Nellore railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 97 km from this town.
- So, from there also you can reach this Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple Udayagiri by road thereafter.
- Udayagiri, Nandipadu, and Duttalur are the nearest bus stations to this temple. So, from there you can reach by local transport to this temple.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.
There is no official accommodation available nearby or by the temple authorities. So, we need to stay in nearby private hotels namely
- Hotel Minerva Grand
- Hotel Bhavani Residency
- Sri Surya Guest Inn
- Hotel Pavani Residency
- SS Guest House