Last Updated on
Sri RajaRajeswari Temple Nellore
Sri RajaRajeswari Temple Nellore is located in Dargamitta in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
History of Raja Rajeswari Temple Nellore:
Behind the construction of this temple, there is an interesting story in the year 1965 Pettadhipathi of Sri Raja Rajeswari Arul Jyothi Nagaraja Murthy who lives in Tamil Nadu.
One day he is travelling to Vijayawada he has taken rest at Dargamitta at that time he felt the presence of Raja Rajeswari Ammavaru in the opposite land and asked local Nellore devotees to build a temple on that land.
Later in the year 1975, the temple was built by Sri Ratna Swamy Mudaliar he is the founder of this Temple he has taken permission from the district collector to built this temple.
Attractions of this temple:
- However, Chandi Homam will perform daily.
- Devi Navaratrlu or Dussehra will celebrate very grandly in this temple.
- Thousands of devotees visit during Devi Navaratrlu.
- Every Friday lady devotees worship and perform pooja to Goddess.
Rahu Kala Deepam:
In this temple, Rahu Kala pooja is very famous devotees believe that on Friday during Rahu Kalam time if they lit up the lamp on lemon-ghee for 18 weeks their wishes will full fill.
Sri Raja Rajeswari temple Timings Nellore:
Generally, the timings of this temple are as follows:
- Morning Timings: 6:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- Evening Timings: 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 110 km.
- Vedayapalem and Nellore south railway stations are near to Dargamitta. From there you can reach by road thereafter.
- However, Nellore railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 5 km only.
- PSR bus station, Nellore mini and Nellore bus stations are near to Dargamitta. So, from there you can reach the temple.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.