Last Updated on
Sri Potuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple
Sri Potuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple is located in Kandimallayapalle village in Cuddapah district.
It is one of the famous temples in Andhra Pradesh and also called as Nostradamus of India.
Sri Madvirat Pothuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy is the author of “Kalagnanam“ and the other name for this temple is Brahmamgari matam.
History of Brahmamgari Matam:
Sri Madvirat Pothuluri Veerabrahmendra Swamy was born in 1610 A.D in a Brahmin family. Moreover, he is famous for predictions and most of his predictions happened exactly.
After his Jeeva Samadhi in 1693 A.D Brahmamgari Matam was built by his devotees.
At present this matam was running by his family members.
Sri Potuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple Timings:
Generally, the timings of Brahmamgari matam are as follows
- Morning: 6:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Evening: 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Brahmamgari Matam Accommodation:
There are 2 sadans nearby Sri Potuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple
- Brahmamgari Sadan
- Govindamma Sadan
However, the cost of the sadans will be around 250 Rs to 300 Rs.
Apart from this AP State Tourism and TTD have built some more choultries for the convenience of devotees.
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 168 km from this temple.
- Cuddapah railway station is nearest railway station to Kandimallayapalle village. So, from there you can reach Brahmamgari matam by road thereafter.
- However, Nellore railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 139 km.
- Vannipenta, Porumamilla and Badvel bus stations are nearby bus stations from this temple. So, from there you can reach this temple by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to Sri Potuluri Veera Brahmendra Swamy Temple.