Last Updated on
Sri Narrawada Vengamamba Temple
Sri Narrawada Vengamamba Temple is located in Narrawada village of Duttalur Mandal in Nellore district.
The main deity of this temple is Sri Vengamamba Perantallu Thalli along with Sri Gurravaya Swamy.
Devotes believes that the goddess here grant their wishes and fulfil their lives with prosperity.
History of Vengamamba Perantallu Thalli:
As per the legends, this temple has a history of 300 years. In the 16th century, Vengammanayudu and Sayama couple has given birth to Sri Vengamamba.
By birth, she is too intelligent as she was grown learned many Sthotrams. By the wish of her parents, she married Gurravaya Swamy who is a great saviour.
They both lives a happy life and they wish to save the lives of other people from thieves.
One day Gurravaya was fighting with theifs he was murdered by one of the thieves before his husband died she herself sacrifices her life in Agnihotram in the presence of villagers.
After she passes away the villagers hear a sound that she will save the devotees who are in trouble.
After hearing the voice the villagers wish to build a temple for Vengammaba along with Gurravaya Swamy i.e Sri Narrawada Vengamamba Temple.
Vengamamba Temple Timings:
Generally, the timings of this temple are as follows
- Morning Timings : 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Evening Timings : 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Sri Vengamamba thirunallu will celebrate every year in the month of Jyeshta Masam according to Telugu calendar which held in the month of June.
- However, the Annual Thirunallu festival will celebrate very grandly along with pulling stones with bulls.
- Thousands of devotees visit this Sri Narrawada Vengamamba Temple during Thirunalla time.
- Dussehra Navaratrlu will also celebrate grandly at this temple.
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 159 km.
- Kavali railway station is near to Narrawada from there you can reach by road thereafter.
- However, Nellore railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 86 km.
- Duttalur, V.K Paadu, and Chakalikonda bus stations are nearby to Narrawada. So, from there you can reach the temple by means of local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.