Sri Narapura Venkateswara Swamy temple
Sri Narapura Venkateswara Swamy temple is in the banks of river Penna in the town of Jammalamadugu, Kapada District. The presiding deity of this temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Sri Narapura Venkateswara Swamy.
- Gandi Kshetram Veera Anjaneya Swamy Temple
- Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti
- Soumyanatha Swamy Temple Nandalur
History of Sri Narapura Venkateswara Swamy temple
Once Lord Venkateshwara appeared in the dream of Devotee Narapuraiah. Meanwhile in that dream, Lord Venkateshwara told him that his idol is at the banks of Penna river. On the next day, Devotee Narapuraiah went in search of the idol along with local devotees. He then found the idol on the Bank of the Penna river at Jammalamadugu Town. Immediately, Narapuraiah installed the idol on a heap of the sand by facing north. Finally in that place, he built the temple for this idol according to the inscriptions on the walls of the temple. However, the temple was again reconstructed by local devotees in the year 1919. Presently, this temple is under the province of Tirumala Tirupathi Devastanam since 2008. So, the poojas will perform according to the Pancharatra Aagama sastram.
- Generally, the temple opens at 06.00 am and closes by 08:00 pm.
- Every year, Brahmostavam will perform in the month of Vaishakam.
- During, Rathostavam lakhs of devotees will visit and participate in pulling the ratham of Lord Venkateshwara. The brahmostavam will celebrate for 10 days . However, each day has 2 types of Vahanam to roam arond the temple.
How to reach Sri Narapura Venkateswara Swamy temple
- We can reach the temple from the nearby Tirupathi international Airport if we refer to go by air.However, the airport is 205 km away from the temple. In addition, direct buses also available from Tirupathi tot his temple town.
- Or else we can reach any of the nearby cities of Proddatur, Yerraguntla, Tadpatri through the local transport. Finally, we reach Jammalamadugu then it takes 15 minutes to reach the temple from the town by public transport.
- If you choose to go by railway then Muddanuru Railway station is the nearest railway station to the temple. However, it covers over a distance of 20 km from the station to temple.