Last Updated on
Sri KotaDurga Ammavari Temple Palakonda
Sri KotaDurga Ammavari Temple Palakonda has the main deity of this temple is Goddess Durga devi.
This temple is situated in Palakonda town of Srikakulam district.
This temple is the most powerful and also many devotees visit this temple and get blessings from Ammavaru.
As per the legends, before Independence, this place ruled by tribal Zamindars.
During the year 1755 Raja Venkatapathiraju paid 55,000 Rs. as revenue for French govt. Zamindars lost all their properties due to family issues.
At that time Pooja or Seva to the goddess has stopped due to some problems.
Devotee Krishna vallabha das from Orissa and a devotee of Goddess Durga start worshipping Sri KotaDurga Ammavari Temple Palakonda in the year 1947. Later, this temple is renovated by KrupaSindhu das.
- However, every year Dussehra Navaratrulu celebrates grandly.
- In fact, these 9 days have great cultural importance.
Timings of Kotadurga Ammavari Temple Palakonda:
Generally, the timings of the temple are
- Morning Timings: 6:00 am to 11:00 am
- Evening Timings: 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Visakhapatnam which is at a distance of 124 km from Sri KotaDurga Ammavari Temple Palakonda.
- However, Vishakapatnam railway station is the nearest railway station to Palakonda which is at a distance of 122 km.
- So, from there you can reach by local transport. Besides this, there is no railway station near to this town.
- Palakonda Seethampeta and Rajam bus stations are near to Palakonda. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.