Last Updated on
Sri Adikesava Embermannar Swamy Temple
Sri Adikesava Embermannar Swamy Temple is located in Narsapur Village of West Godavari district.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Sri Adikesava Embermannar Swamy.
This Sanctuary built two centuries ago and this temple architecture is similar to Tamilnadu Sri Perumbudur temple.
As per the legends, this sanctuary is built by Sri Ramanappa Naidu during the ruling period of Britishers.
Sri Prasannagresara Puppala Ramanappa Naidu working for British India company once he listens the Pravachanams of Sri Ramanujachary after completion of Pravachanams he thought to offer Dakshina to Ramanuja chary.
But he asks him to build a temple of Lord Vishnu which is similar to Perumbudur temple in Tamilnadu.
So, he visits Sri Perumbudur temple and constructs this temple similar to it.
- Every year Brahmotsavams will celebrate for Adikesava Swamy devotees will come from various places at this time to Sri Adikesava Embermannar Swamy Temple.
- However, Thirunakshatram Utsavam will celebrate very grandly in this temple. Thousands of devotees visit during this time to see Lord.
- During festival times special poojas will conduct.
Generally, the temple opens at morning 6:00 am and closes by 8:00 pm.
How to Reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Rajahmundry which is at a distance of 85 km.
- Narsapur and Palakollu railway stations are nearby railway stations to this temple.
- So, from there you can reach this temple by road thereafter.
- However, Rajahmundry railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 69 km from Narsapur.
- Narsapuram, Sakinetepalli, and Pallakollu bus stations are nearby bus stations to Narsapur.
- So, from there you can reach this temple by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.