Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram: The main deity of this temple is Lord Shiva in the form of Someswara Swamy in Sitanagaram village of Guntur district on the bank of river Krishna.
History of Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram:
As per the legends, this temple has a famous history in Ramayana. When Demon Ravana abducted Sita devi wife of Lord Rama. After knowing about this Lord Rama shed his tears at this place. Hence the name of this village Sitanagaram came.
Famous in Sitanagaram:
- Apart from this temple, it is famous for Vedic University supporting by Jeeyar Educational Trust(JET).
- It is the only one Vedic university in Our Country.
- People believe that this town is existing since from Treta Yuga which ended in 1.6 million years ago.
- Hindus epic Ramayana this town is mentioned.
Timings of Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram.
Generally, the timings of this temple are morning 6:00 am to 10:00 am and evening 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. But on Saturdays the timings of the temple is:
- Morning: 5:30 am – 10:30 am.
- Evening: 5:30 pm – 8 pm.
How to reach this temple:
By Air: The nearest airport is in Vijayawada which is at a distance of 22 km only.
On Rail: However, Vijayawada Jn railway station is near to Sitanagaram at a distance of just 7 km only from there you can reach by road thereafter. Besides that Kolanukonda and Krishna canal, railway stations are near to Sitanagaram.
By Bus: Vijayawada Bus station, Benz circle, and Pedavadlapudi bus stations are near to Sitanagaram. So from there, you can reach the temple by walk also. However, it will take 10 minutes to reach the temple from Sitanagaram bus station.