Last Updated on
Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram: The main deity of this temple is Lord Shiva in the form of Someswara Swamy in Sitanagaram village of Guntur district on the bank of river Krishna.
History of Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram:
As per the legends, this temple has a famous history in Ramayana. When Demon Ravana abducted Sita devi wife of Lord Rama. After knowing about this Lord Rama shed his tears at this place. Hence the name of this village is Sitanagaram.
Famous in Sitanagaram:
- Apart from the history of this temple, it is famous for Vedic University supporting by Jeeyar Educational Trust(JET).
- It is the only Vedic university in Our Country.
- People believe that this town is existing since from Treta Yuga which ended in 1.6 million years ago.
- This town is mentioned in the Hindus epic Ramayana.
Timings of Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Sitanagaram.
- Generally, the timings of this temple are from morning 6:00 am to 10:00 am and evening timings are from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- But on Saturdays the timings of the temple are from 5:30 am – 10:30 am in the morning and from 5:30 pm – 8 pm in the evening.
How to reach this temple:
By Air: The nearest airport is in Vijayawada which is at a distance of 22 km only.
On Rail: However, Vijayawada Jn railway station is near to Sitanagaram at a distance of just 7 km only from there you can reach by road thereafter. Besides that Kolanukonda and Krishna canal, railway stations are near to Sitanagaram.
By Bus: Vijayawada Bus station, Benz circle, and Pedavadlapudi bus stations are near to Sitanagaram. So from there, you can reach the temple by walk also. However, it will take 10 minutes to reach the temple from Sitanagaram bus station.