Last Updated on
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple is the holy place where every Hindu wish to visit at least once in their lifetime. Every year a million of visitors are increasing in order to take the blessings of Goddess Vaishno Devi. The temple is in three peaked mountains of Trikuta at Katra, Jammu and Kashmir. Though the temple is in 5200 ft altitude so many devotees visit the temple in order to seek the blessings of Mata Vaishno Devi. Because the Goddess Vaishno devi is the incarnation of Maha Lakshmi, Maha Saraswathi and Maha Kaali. So, if you are planning to visit Vaishno Devi Temple then here are some details of regarding Vaishno Devi Story and Vaishno devi darshan timings, accommodation at Vaishno devi temple.
Vaishno Devi Story
According to the legend behind the Vaishno Devi Story, a beautiful girl has emerged from the combined power of Maha Lakshmi, Maha Kali, and Maha Saraswathi in order to protect the world in a righteous way. The 3 goddesses ordered the girl to take the birth form a couple of our beloved devotees namely Ratnakar and his wife who lives in the south part of India. They blessed the girl that she will evolve herself in a spiritual manner offering a blessing to her devotees and finally mingle herself into Lord Vishnu.
Later on, a beautiful girl was born to the wife of Ratnakar. They named her as Vaishnavi. She grows up with all the righteous way of attaining knowledge. And realized that she can only get her greater objective with the process of meditation and penance. So, she left to the deep forest by leaving all her comforts. Meanwhile, During the journey of Vanavasam Lord Rama was seen by her. On seeing Lord Rama, Vaishnavi immediately recognized that he was the incarnation of Lord Vishnu and requested to merge her into him(Lord Rama).
But Lord Rama said that it was not the proper time to merge her into himself. And also said that he will visit again at the end of exile and full fill her wish only after recognising him( Lord Rama). On that account, Lord Rama returned to her in the form of an old man after winning the battle. But she unable to recognise him. So, Lord Rama sympathize her that it is not the time to merge her into himself may be in Kaliyug as Kalki. And also instructed her to meditate at trikuta hill which is now calling Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple by providing a blessing to her devotees.
- Shri Amarnath Yatra Darshan History and Timings
- Golden Temple Amritsar and History of Harmandir Sahib
After Reaching Trikuta
Listening to the words of Lord Rama, she reached the trikuta hill and arranged ashram by blessing the devotees. By this her glory and name became famous, many devotees come to take the blessing from her. Years passed by, a yogi named Guru Gorakh Natha Ji wants to know the secret behind the glory and power of the Vaishnavi. So, he sent his disciple Bhairon Nath to know the truth. After watching Vaishnavi he fell in love with her and began to annoy her to marry him.
One day a devotee of her invited to the community meal along with Bhairon Nath, Guru Gorakh Nath Ji and all the followers. During the course of a community meal, Bhairon Nath tried to grab Vaishnavi. But she escaped and reached to the tirukuta mountains. She stopped the place where the present shrine is and decided to kill him. She then killed by assassinating the head of Bhairon Nath. Wounded Bhairon Nath requested to show mercy on him, she the pleased and granted a boon of those who visit the Vaishnavi should visit Bhairon Nath in order to complete the journey to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple.
Vaishno Devi Darshan Timings
- Generally, the Vaishno Devi Darshan Timings are 5:00 AM – 12:00 PM- 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
- The most important ritual Aarthi will perform twice in a day. One is right after the sunrise and the other one is right after Sunset. However, aarthi process will run for 2 hours daily where no darshan will allow during this aarthi process.
Best Time to Visit
- We can visit the temple throughout the year. But during the winter season, it may be difficult to reach the temple at a latitude of 5200 ft that too in Himalayan Region. So, it’s better to avoid visiting in the winter season due to heavy snowfall.
- The summer season months of May, June, July are the best months to visit to avoid snowfall.
- Better to carry heavy woollen clothes during winter and light woollen clothes are enough even in summer season.
How to reach Vaishno Devi Temple
- If you are planning to go on a flight then it is better to reach New Delhi first. Because frequent flights are available from New Delhi to Jammu. Then after we should reach the basecamp of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple named Katra which is about 50 km distance from Jammu. Helicopter services are also available from Katra.
- Katra itself has a railway station where frequent trains will run from nearby well-known cities. Special trains also run during the summer and holiday seasons.
- Jammu and Katra are well connected to the nearby major cities. Because of National Highway 1A passes through Jammu towards Srinagar. So, we can hire a private vehicle until the base camp of katra. From there we can reach the temple on foot, pallakis,….etc
Accommodation at Vaishno Devi Temple:
The temple authorities of Vaishno Devi provides both free and paid accommodation for the devotees. We can find accommodation at Vaishno devi Temple in both Jammu and Katra.
The following are the places at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple which provide free accommodation includes free blankets, toilet, food, catering..etc.
There are various hotels, dormitory halls, rooms are available at both katra and Jammu. The cost and room details are given below.
|Main Bhawan Complex|
Rs.100 to Rs.2300
|Rs.100 to Rs.700|
Rs.150 to Rs.1700
|Rs.850 to Rs.1450|
|Vaishnavi & Gouri Bhawan|
Rs.900 to Rs.1450
|Rs.1250 to Rs.1700|
|Spiritual Growth Centre|
Rs.1700 to Rs.3000
Online Booking Services:
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple has an Offical website of https://www.maavaishnodevi.org/
- Click on the Online Services and you will be directed to the
- Log On or Sign Up by providing the basic details of the devotee.
- After registration log in with the username and password.
- Then check for the darshan availability and book the darshan by providing the details.
- Now make payment online through the payment mode you select.
- Make sure that you are clear with booking only after checking the transaction page which shows successful.
- Carry a Print out of you darshan details during Darshan.
- Booking online accommodation for the stay in Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Temple made easy with the official website of the temple authorities.
- Log in with the username and password by clicking the online services in the official website of the temple.
- Click on the room booking, proceed to fill up all the details of date and location.
- Now Complete the payment process by providing the detail of the credit or debit card.
- Check in the transaction column whether your payment is successful or not.
- However, On spot accommodation booking is also available in reception counters of Bhawans, Dormitories(Mentioned above).
- We can reach the temple through the helicopter services provided by the temple authorities.
- However, the booking process can be done both online and on spot also.
- The Helicopter trip includes the route of Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra.
- The cost per head for one way fare is Rs.1045 and for two-way fare is Rs.2090.
- When it comes to the booking details, we have to log in with the username and password by clicking online services.
- Now, Click on the Helicopter services and fill up the details of Date, time, route, passenger.
- Proceed to the payment methods and check your transaction is successful or not.
Vaishno Devi Temple Photos: