Last Updated on
Sangameswara Temple Sangam
Sangameswara Temple Sangam has the main deity of this temple is Lord Shiva in the form of Sangameswara Swamy.
This temple is located in Sangam village of Vangara Mandal in Srikakulam district. One of Five lingas of sangameswara located here.
As per the legends, the name Sangam came from three rivers meeting at a place.
However, the rivers Nagavali, SuvarnaMukhi, and Vedavathi join together at this place. So it is known as Sangam.
Sangameswara Temple Sangam Timings:
- Generally, the temple opens at morning 6:00 am and closes by 9:00 pm
Attractions of this Temple:
- This Sangameswara Temple Sangam is situated where the three rivers join together. It resembles Triveni Sangam in Allahabad.
- Maha Shivarathri will celebrate very grandly.
- However, thousands of devotees visit at the time of the Shivaratri festival.
How to reach Sangam:
- The nearest airport is in Vishakhapatnam at a distance of 119 km.
- However, Vishakhapatnam railway station is the major railway station at a distance of 118 km. So from there, you can reach by road thereafter.
- Palakonda, Seethampeta and Rajam bus stations are near to Sangam. So, from there you can reach by local transport to this temple.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.
This Sangameswara Temple Sangam doesn’t provide any accommodation.
However, the devotees can stay in private hotels nearby this temple. Some of the names of private accommodations are
Name of the Residency
Distance from the temple
|Sri Ram Lodge||Illisipuram, Mehra Nagar||76 km|
|2||N.S.R Residency||Palakonda road|