Last Updated on
Poovarasankuppam Temple is at Viluppuram, Tamilnadu.
The presiding deity of this temple is Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. This is the only temple where one eye of Goddess Lakshmi looks towards Devotes and another eye to Lord Narasimha.
For the first time, after the Hiranya samharam at Ahobilam, Lord Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy appeared at this place within the same shape and gave darshan to the Sapta rishis as Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy.
So, the other name for this temple is Dakshina Ahobilam.
One that can’t have darshan of Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy at Ahobilam, Andhrapradesh may have darshan at Poovarasankuppam Temple in this place. Because this Kshetra is a really powerful Prarthana Sthalam.
It is believing that on visiting this temple of Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy and giving a 48-days prayer, one will get clear all debts and enemies.
Generally, All desires will fulfil if one visits this temple, light a ghee lamp and deliver the Mantra Raja Patha Stotram double daily for 48-days.
However, it is a custom to tie a five rupee coin to a Manjal cloth and drop it at the temple once the 48-days amount is over.
One ought to prepare Panagam (prepared out of jaggery) each day for the Lord Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. Of course, no non-vegetarian food ought to be consumed throughout this 48-days amount.
This Poovarasankuppam Temple looks to be terribly ancient.
There area unit inscriptions within this temple qualitative analysis back to the third Century AD. Also, their area unit references to construction throughout Narasimha Pallava’s reign (7th Century AD).
Festivals in the temple :
- Swathi Nakshatram.
- Sri Narasimha Jayanti Utsavam.
- 3rd Saturday of Puratasi Month.
- Morning hours – 8:00 AM to 12.30 PM.
Evening hours – 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
How to reach Poovarasankuppam?
- The nearest Airport to Viluppuram is Chennai Airport. It takes 157 km to reach the Poovarasankuppam Temple.
- Thiruthuraiyur Rail Way Station, Serndanur Rail Way Station are the very nearby railway stations to Poovarasankuppam.
- How ever Thanjavar Rail Way Station is major railway station 144 KM near to temple. It takes 6.7 km to reach the temple.
- Panruti, Viluppuram, Nellikuppam, Cuddalore are the nearby Cities to Poovarasankuppam. Buses are available from these cities to temple.