Last Updated on
Ponnur Anjaneya Swamy Temple
Ponnur Anjaneya Swamy Temple is one of the oldest temples in India located in Ponnur town of Guntur district. The main deity here is Lord Hanuman.
In Ponnur temple, Hanuman Jayanthi will celebrate for 4 days.
During festival days thousands of devotees will visit this temple from nearby places.
The idol of Anjaneya Swamy is very tall and measures a height of 24 feet and 14 feet width and 4 feet thickness.
History of Ponnur Anjaneya Swamy Temple:
As per the legends, the temple was built by Kota Jaganadha Swamy in 1969.
People believe that if a woman performs a pooja for 40 days then she will be blessed with the birth of a child.
However, Shiva Lingas that are found at foot of Lord Shiva performs pooja daily with Chandanam and it will remove once in a year. Daily yagas will perform in yagashala.
However, Anjaneya Swamy statue carved out of a single black granite stone under the surveillance of Bhava Narayana Swamy from Edlapadu to Ponnur Anjaneya Swamy Temple.
Here Garuthamantha statue is 30 feet height,15 feet width, and 6 feet thick. In fact, it is taller than the Anjaneya Swamy Statue.
Hanuman Jayanthi Celebrations:
|2||Manyasuktha Sahitha Kalasnapana||5:00 a.m||Pooja with 1 lakh betel leaves||12:00 p.m||Gramotsavam|
|Panchamrutha Visesha Abhishekam||5:00 a.m||Pooja with Jasmine flowers and 1 lakh betel leaves||12:00 p.m||Nivedhana||4:00 p.m|
In Ponnur Anjaneya Swamy Temple Couples can participate in kalyanotsavam by purchasing tickets at the counter.
There is no facility for online booking. Therefore one should buy tickets from the temple counter itself.
Devotees can participate in Rathotsavam by purchasing tickets at the counter.
- Generally, the temple opens at 5:00 a.m and closes at 8:00 p.m.
Temple Contact number:
- The Temple phone number is +91 8643247099.
How to reach Ponnur Temple:
- The nearest airport is Vijayawada which is far away 79km from the Ponnur Anjaneya Swamy Temple.
- Guntur Jn is the nearest railway station which is 32 km away, Bapatla station is 22 km away from ponnur and Nidubrollu railway station is just 2 km from ponnur.
- From these stations, we can reach the temple by local transport.
- Direct buses available from Guntur and Tenali to this temple.
- However, Ponnur bus station and cherukupalli bus stations are nearby bus stations to ponnur.
- Apart from this APSRTC runs a number of buses from major cities to ponnur.