Last Updated on
Penchalakona Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple
Penchalakona Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple or Penusila Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple is located in Penchalakona village of Nellore district.
The main deity of this temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Penchalakona Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy.
However, Somasila Narasimha Swamy is the other name for lord here.
As per the legends, to kill the demon Hiranyakasyapa Lord Vishnu took the form Narasimha Swamy Avatar.
Finally, after killing the demon Hiranyakasyapa the anger of Narasimha Swamy not controlled. That is why he started roaming on the forests.
So, For this reason, Goddess Lakshmi devi took the form of Chenchu Lakshmi as a tribal lady to control the anger of the Lord.
Finally, at this place, only chenchu Lakshmi hugged Narasimha Swamy to please him. Consequently, in Telugu Hug means Pena Vesukonata.
Because of this, the place Penchalakona Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple is known as Penusilla. Later, the name replaces Penchalakona.
Timings of Penusila Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple:
- Generally, the temple opens at morning 6:00 am and closes at 8:00 pm.
Penchalakona Temple Rooms:
However, there is no accommodation available at this temple and by the temple authorities.
But devotees can stay in private Accommodation near to this temple. Some of the residencies names are given below.
So, devotees can stay there
Name of the Residency
Distance from the temple
|Hotel Athidhi Grand||Srisailam towers, Dargamitta, Nellore||76 km|
|2||Season’s inn||Dargamitta, Nellore|
|Hotel Pavani residency||GNT road, Nellore|
How to reach Penchalakona Temple:
- The nearest airport is in Tirupathi which is at a distance of 99 km. However, from there you can reach by local transport to this Penchalakona Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- However, Raipur railway station is near to Penchalakona.
- Besides that Nellore railway station is the major railway station to this temple which is at a distance of 80 km.
- So, from there you can reach by local transport to this temple.
- However, direct buses available from Gudur bus station. Generally, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.