Last Updated on
Pathapatnam Neelamani Durga Temple
Pathapatnam Neelamani Durga Temple is located in Pathapatnam town of Srikakulam district in Andhra Pradesh.
The main deity of this temple is Goddess Parvathi Devi in the form of Sri Neelamani Durga Ammavaru.
This is an ancient temple but recently it is reconstructed in its old place itself.
As per the legends, this temple was built during the period of the 17th century when this place was ruled by King Mukundha Gajapathi Narayana.
One day in his dream Durga Devi told him to build a temple for her and disappears.
After waking up he recognizes his dream and builds a temple where the Goddess has shown a place him in his dream.
Timings of Pathapatnam Neelamani Durga Temple:
Generally, Pathapatnam Neelamani Durga Temple opens at morning 6:00 am and closes by 9:00 pm.
Attractions of this temple:
- Dussehra will celebrate grandly in this temple.
- Thousands of devotees visit this temple during Navaratri time.
- This temple is also known as North-Andhra temple because the goddess here is very powerful.
- One of the most powerful goddesses and famous temples in Srikakulam.
- Devotees believe that the goddess will fulfil their dreams.
How to reach Pathapatnam Ammavari temple:
- The nearest airport is in Vishakhapatnam which is at a distance of 163 km.
- Patapatnam and Parlikimidi railway stations are nearby railway stations from this town. So, from there you can reach by road thereafter to Pathapatnam Neelamani Durga Temple.
- However, Vishakhapatnam railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 159 km from Patapatnam
- Parlakmidi, Tekkali and Pathapatnam bus stations are near to pathapatnam. So, from there you can reach by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.
There is no official accommodation provided to the devotees of the temple. We need to stay in private hotels like
- Nageswar Rao Hotel at a distance of 18 km from the shrine.
- Arudrammma Lodge at a distance of 30 km.