Last Updated on
Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple
Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple is located in Mangaliri of Guntur district.
This temple dedicates to Lord Vishnu in the form of Panakala Narasimha Swamy situated on a hill. Here the hill is in the shape of an elephant.
This is one of the eight temples where Lord Vishnu self-manifested, panakam or jaggery water gives as prasadam.
As per the legends, King Pariyatra had a son name Hrusva sringi visited all holy places to get a normal bodily sculpture because he was born with deformities.
His father Pariyatra was unhappy and he wants to bring his son back he tried to convenience but he was not convinced with his words.
Hrusava sringi took the shape of an elephant and became a mountain mangalagiri. In that case, he can be as an abode to Lord.
Later Lord Vishnu in the form of Narasimha Avatar killed demon Namuchi with his chakram and self- manifested here.
Another interesting story behind this Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple is Lord Rama visited this temple to attain redemption.
Besides that, Lord Rama ordered Lord Hanuman to stay there as a Kshetrapalaka while leaving vaikuntam for the benefit of humans.
Amazing facts of Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple:
- Priests used to pour panakam or Jaggery water on the wide open mouth of Narasimha Swamy.
- Only half of the panakam or Jaggery water will be accepted by Lord and remaining will come out and it offers to devotees as prasadam.
- When priests used to pour panakam or jaggery water into the mouth of Narasimha Swamy at Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple devotees can clearly hear a garlic sound.
- As we can see there will be no ants even after offering large quantities of panakam or Jaggery water.
- However, here the idol of the Lord appears with a wide mouth and is covered with a metal face of the god.
Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple Timings
Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple Timings is as follows.
Devotees should climb by walking around 600 steps to reach this temple or else devotees can reach the temple via Ghat road by Auto-rickshaw or 3 wheeler.
|Temple opening time||7:00 am|
|2||Pooja and Archana, Sarva darshan and panakam offering|
7:00 am-3: 30 pm
|Avasara Nivedana||12:00 pm|
|Temple closing time|
However, on every Ekadasi Nijarupa darshan of Lord Narasimha Swamy opens at 6:00 am.
Mangalagiri Temple Accommodation:
There are 20 A.C and Non-A.C rooms and 2 dormitory rooms available near this temple.
Cost of room per day
Type of the room
|500 Rs||Dormitory room|
Non A.C rooms
Mangalagiri Temple Attractions:
- There is a Kshera Vruksham present on the mangalagiri hill.
- Eleven-storey high and beautiful Galigopuram of Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy.
- Mangalagiri hill is in the shape of the elephant.
Temple contact number:
- The temple contact number is +91 9848419118
How to Reach
- The nearest airport is Vijayawada with a distance of 35 km.
- Mangalagiri and kolanukonda railway stations are near to Mangalagiri.
- However, Vijayawada railway station is major railway station to Managalagiri which is at a distance of 12 km.
- Vijayawada, Mangalagiri and Pedavalapadu bus stations are nearest bus stations to Mangalagiri. However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to Panakala Narasimha Swamy Temple.