Last Updated on
Natta Rameswaram Temple
Natta Rameswaram Temple or Natta Rama lingeswaram temple is in Natta Rameswaram village. The main deity of this temple is Lord Shiva.
Abhishekam for Shivalingam with mango juice is preferred here. Shiva lingam in this place is installed by Lord Rama during his journey to Ayodhya after killing demon Ravana.
As per the legends, after killing demon Ravana Lord Rama returns to Ayodhya.
Lord Rama wants to get rid of Brahmahatya dosha because Lord Ravana is Brahmin.
In their journey passing while passing through this place Rama asks to bring Shiva lingam from Kailash to get rid of dosham.
As time is declining Rama along with Sita and Lakshman have made 2 Shivalingas from the river sand.
As the idols have Snails(Natta in Telugu) within because they were prepared with sand. Hence the name Natta Rameswaram Temple came to this place.
A Shivalinga installs by Munni Jamadhagni and it will be underwater in the river Gosthani for 10 months in a year.
Darshan of this linga will be visible to devotees only in summer in Vaishaka masam.
Importance of this temple:
- Radhotsavam or chariot festival will be held grandly in this temple.
- During Radhotsavam time thousands of devotees visit this temple.
Timings of Natta Rama lingeswaram Temple:
- Generally, the timings of this temple are from morning 6:00 am to 8:00 pm in the evening.
How to reach this temple:
- The nearest airport is in Rajahmundry which is at a distance of 59 km.
- Tanuku, Attili, and Vempuru railway stations are near to this village. So, from there you can reach this Natta Rameswaram Temple by road thereafter.
- However, Rajahmundry railway station is the major railway station which is at a distance of 43 km from this village.
- Marteru, Tanuku, and Veeravasaram bus stations are nearby bus stations to this village. So, from there you can reach this temple by local transport.
- However, APSRTC runs a number of buses from all major cities to here.